+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade Discussion

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    Mardor, I am an avid Ranger but I do have a profound love for the nightblade soul. I have yet to get fully accustom to it however and was wondering what you would suggest. My rogue is lvl 25 and my night blade spec is filling out after I grabbed Rift Scavenger as priority number one. Nightblade isn't really confusing but what does pose a problem to me is it seems like everything is an increase to sustained dps and I am in constant wonder about which order the spec should run in terms of where to place points first.
    I noticed your rogue took interest in the assassin tree, I went with bladedancer as secondary support.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.0V0c.xcbVh0M <- current build. Twilight shelter and sidestep help a lot to mitigate damage. And I agree with the other poster, get to scourge of darkness asap.

At level 21 I only have 5 points in the assassin tree in Ruthlessness. And 5 in BD for quick reflexes. The rest of my points are in NB.

If I was speccing over to NB at lvl 25, I would probably put 5 in BD and 5 in assassin and the rest in NB until you can get enough points to get scourge of darkness from the NB soul. Once there you can start filling out your secondary soul a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardor View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.0V0c.xcbVh0M <- current build. Twilight shelter and sidestep help a lot to mitigate damage. And I agree with the other poster, get to scourge of darkness asap.

At level 21 I only have 5 points in the assassin tree in Ruthlessness. And 5 in BD for quick reflexes. The rest of my points are in NB.

If I was speccing over to NB at lvl 25, I would probably put 5 in BD and 5 in assassin and the rest in NB until you can get enough points to get scourge of darkness from the NB soul. Once there you can start filling out your secondary soul a little more.
    I'm almost at SoD but I can't see how not getting Rift Scavenger would be beneficial. As it stands I can single pull elites with CDs and as much as 4mobs comfortably and just ae them down healing myself along the way.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Rift Disciple

Once you get fell blades, healers fall over. Hell, everything even with a healer falls over.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    I'm almost at SoD but I can't see how not getting Rift Scavenger would be beneficial. As it stands I can single pull elites with CDs and as much as 4mobs comfortably and just ae them down healing myself along the way.
    I am assuming you would replace the BD soul with the RS soul then. You could set it up lilke this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.0V0c.Vcthzoz

I havent tested that build out at all, just messing with the soul builder. But I would still put most of my points in NB. If you want rift scavenger, then put enough points in the RS soul to get there and drop everything else into the NB soul.

I thought this looked good, but I don't know anymore

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iItMhqg0oc.Vc

It seems to take all of the worthwhile damage multipliers, but I don't know.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Darknesse View Post

I would probably take the 5 points out of Lingering Pain and the one out of twilight force. Maybe take those points and put a point into Reprisal and then some into ambidextrous to get the increase in dexterity. Or put some points into poison potency.

I don't know what the numbers look like with or without poison potency so not sure if it is worth the points...

I would probably take the 5 points out of Lingering Pain and the one out of twilight force. Maybe take those points and put a point into Reprisal and then some into ambidextrous to get the increase in dexterity. Or put some points into poison potency.

I don't know what the numbers look like with or without poison potency so not sure if it is worth the points...
    I'm not going to be using poison, since I have Hellfire Blades and Smoldering blades.

That's the first time I've ever heard that someone should drop Twilight Force..

Rift Disciple

poison potency isn't worth it in his build. It doesn't even affect Hellfire blades which I'm assuming he would be using along with lethal poison for the damage/crit increases.

If you're going to take Reprisal use the 5 points from lingering pain in Quick Reflexes.

Although personally I'd drop BD altogether and get riftstalker for Scavenge. It completely eliminates downtime.

I'm not going to be using poison, since I have Hellfire Blades and Smoldering blades.

Don't use smoldering blades. Use the lethal poison from Assassin for the 5% crit buff. Hellfire blades is awesome though. I still wouldn't waste 5 points on Posion potency though, the poison damage from that 1 proc is less than 3% of your total damage output and isn't worth 5 pts to increase that little amount.
    Last edited by Kendakon; 03-03-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Champion

I'm assuming this a max dps dungeon build? If so, I'd revise it as such.

43NB / 18Sin / 5BD then as the hit mechanic gets figured out, if it turns out you don't need the hit, I'd drop BD for either sab (15% dex) or RS (15% AP).

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by Kendakon View Post
    poison potency isn't worth it in his build. It doesn't even affect Hellfire blades which I'm assuming he would be using along with lethal poison for the damage/crit increases.

If you're going to take Reprisal use the 5 points from lingering pain in Quick Reflexes.

Although personally I'd drop BD altogether and get riftstalker for Scavenge. It completely eliminates downtime.
    If I had to get Scavenge, I'd have to spend 5 points in non dps skills to get it.

I can see why it would be awesome for grinding, but honestly, most things die on a finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendakon View Post
    Don't use smoldering blades. Use the lethal poison from Assassin for the 5% crit buff. Hellfire blades is awesome though. I still wouldn't waste 5 points on Posion potency though, the poison damage from that 1 proc is less than 3% of your total damage output and isn't worth 5 pts to increase that little amount.
    That makes sense, I guess. Is the damage increase from the crit buff higher than the stacking dots and damage at the end?

Champion

erg, I missed the edit timer -- wanted to explain the changes a little.

I guess I should explain the change a bit, moved points from Blade Finesse as auto attacks in this game, from all the parses I've been privy to, are a VERY small portion of your dps and moved those points to 2/2 Enh Weapon Enchantments (tier 5, NB) and the last point into Puncture (tier 2, Sin) as the bleed + 2 combo points is pretty darn nice.

Soulwalker

You have fiery spike. And the bonus to dmg for twilight force isn't enough to drop points in it IMO. Fiery spike also gives you a dot, not that it makes a big difference. If your not using poison then I would drop points in quick reflexes as another poster mentioned.

You have fiery spike. And the bonus to dmg for twilight force isn't enough to drop points in it IMO. Fiery spike also gives you a dot, not that it makes a big difference. If your not using poison then I would drop points in quick reflexes as another poster mentioned.
    You don't have to cast Fiery Spike ever after the first once you have Lingering Flame.

It resets and adds to the stacks whenever you hit with your finisher anyways.

And Twilight Force does quite a bit more damage than Fiery Spike, and when you can reduce its cooldown to 0, I expect it to be a large bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    erg, I missed the edit timer -- wanted to explain the changes a little.

I guess I should explain the change a bit, moved points from Blade Finesse as auto attacks in this game, from all the parses I've been privy to, are a VERY small portion of your dps and moved those points to 2/2 Enh Weapon Enchantments (tier 5, NB) and the last point into Puncture (tier 2, Sin) as the bleed + 2 combo points is pretty darn nice.
    If I was going with the 2/2 Enh Weapon Enhancements, then wouldn't that make Smoldering Blades that much more desirable?

Champion

You don't have to cast Fiery Spike ever after the first once you have Lingering Flame.

It resets and adds to the stacks whenever you hit with your finisher anyways.

And Twilight Force does quite a bit more damage than Fiery Spike, and when you can reduce its cooldown to 0, I expect it to be a large bonus.

If I was going with the 2/2 Enh Weapon Enhancements, then wouldn't that make Smoldering Blades that much more desirable?
    I would be using that. Again, I'm assuming this is like a dungeon / pure-pve build, b/c if not I'd change it a little more :x

Rift Disciple

If I had to get Scavenge, I'd have to spend 5 points in non dps skills to get it.

I can see why it would be awesome for grinding, but honestly, most things die on a finisher.

That makes sense, I guess. Is the damage increase from the crit buff higher than the stacking dots and damage at the end?
    The 5 pts you are spending below that are increasing Scavenges heal to make it an even better option though. I usually do 6% endurance (2pts) and 30% heal (3pts). But you could just do 15% End.
    Of course, if you are not talking about a leveling build, this would be pointless for a pure DPS group build.

5% MORE crit, on top of what you already get from the assassin tree and the 10% crit to Blazing Strike should outdo the small amount of damage from Smoldering, especially on normal mobs that probably won't even reach 5 stacks before they die.
    Boss's might be iffy as you would most likely get multiple stacks of 5 going off before he dies, i'd have to test that.
    Also note that 5% crit will increase all those proc talents you bought in the Assassin tree for even more benefit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast