+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 85

Thread: Nightblade Discussion

  1. #31
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nervosa View Post
    From a pve point, full heat retention is a must. It has a 100% chance to proc on every one of your generating attacks. Inturn increases your passive damage by a set amount and your finishers dealing a even greater amount. With only one point in your taking that down to all the time to 20% which makes it practically useless since on paper it takes 4-5 combo sets to get a full stack. With full you will have it up after 2 sets of combo points due to dusk strike being weaved in.

    I don't know about you but at level 30 my blazing strike crits for 900 with heat retention stack all up, how can i pass that up every other blazing strike? With scourge of darkness it hits for a total of 1500 or so over its 10 strikes if heat retention is used with it.
    Seems silly to pass this talent up. Ever.

  2. #32
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efour View Post
    Hi there,

    Whilst i can appreciate there is a really funny in joke in these forums about the Nightblade class as a new player now level 29 is it really a complete waste of time/gimpy class.

    I played a fair bit of WAR and i find it to be very much like a witch hunter with ranged snares and Heal debuff.

    Although the High dependency on DOT might well mean bad news in PVP compared to straight up finishign moves like the assassin

    In PVE so far its ok.... but its pretty pointless as a ranger can happily chain pull all day whilst i sit here with a wine addiction and annoying downtime if i dont use it..

    Anyway whats the real verdict, just 1 non sarcastic and informed reply would be useful.

    thanks

    I didnt play beta etc so no point telling me stuff about how things used to be in the good old days...
    If your having downtime, then you need to respec your NB. I barely have downtime and have yet to find a ranger of equal level(maybe +2 levels) that can outkill me on mobs...

  3. #33
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Curiously, in the middle levels, how do you guys handle mobility in pvp? I mean the ranged snare is very nice but the cooldown can really lead to some frustrating kiting with nothing but planar shift (or w/e the 0pt riftstalker is called) to catch up to them.... only to still not have a snare.

    Am I like totally omitting some sort of mobility/closer in this spec?

  4. #34
    Plane Touched Alkonost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Curiously, in the middle levels, how do you guys handle mobility in pvp? I mean the ranged snare is very nice but the cooldown can really lead to some frustrating kiting with nothing but planar shift (or w/e the 0pt riftstalker is called) to catch up to them.... only to still not have a snare.

    Am I like totally omitting some sort of mobility/closer in this spec?
    Just kill whatever is closest, since you can.
    Alkonost D. Alphard
    Colonel of 72nd Troll Interdiction Regiment
    Attorney at Lawl
    "The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

  5. #35
    Plane Touched Ilterendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mardor View Post
    If your having downtime, then you need to respec your NB. I barely have downtime and have yet to find a ranger of equal level(maybe +2 levels) that can outkill me on mobs...
    Mardor, I am an avid Ranger but I do have a profound love for the nightblade soul. I have yet to get fully accustom to it however and was wondering what you would suggest. My rogue is lvl 25 and my night blade spec is filling out after I grabbed Rift Scavenger as priority number one. Nightblade isn't really confusing but what does pose a problem to me is it seems like everything is an increase to sustained dps and I am in constant wonder about which order the spec should run in terms of where to place points first.
    I noticed your rogue took interest in the assassin tree, I went with bladedancer as secondary support.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

  6. #36
    Plane Touched Alkonost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    Mardor, I am an avid Ranger but I do have a profound love for the nightblade soul. I have yet to get fully accustom to it however and was wondering what you would suggest. My rogue is lvl 25 and my night blade spec is filling out after I grabbed Rift Scavenger as priority number one. Nightblade isn't really confusing but what does pose a problem to me is it seems like everything is an increase to sustained dps and I am in constant wonder about which order the spec should run in terms of where to place points first.
    I noticed your rogue took interest in the assassin tree, I went with bladedancer as secondary support.
    Rift Scavenger is nice, but your first priority should be Scourge of Darkness.

    It's just that good.
    Alkonost D. Alphard
    Colonel of 72nd Troll Interdiction Regiment
    Attorney at Lawl
    "The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

  7. #37
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
    Just kill whatever is closest, since you can.
    And when they knock you back, then what? When you get stunned, then what? Just keep switching?

    Outside of a 30 second cd, a 2m cd, and a 1m cd your burst, compared to most classes in the game isn't very much.

  8. #38
    Rift Disciple mkultra55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mardor View Post
    If your having downtime, then you need to respec your NB. I barely have downtime and have yet to find a ranger of equal level(maybe +2 levels) that can outkill me on mobs...
    There's going to be a bit more downtime than a Ranger just because no matter how you spec you're bound to take a little damage each kill. It's not extreme but I see what he means.

  9. #39
    Plane Touched Alkonost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    And when they knock you back, then what? When you get stunned, then what? Just keep switching?

    Outside of a 30 second cd, a 2m cd, and a 1m cd your burst, compared to most classes in the game isn't very much.
    8s ranged snare plus fiery spike isn't so bad. It will build up CP until you close.

    The whole point, of course, is to go in, kill someone, and disrupt the group. If you are being actively kited, stop attacking that person. Catch someone by surprise.
    Alkonost D. Alphard
    Colonel of 72nd Troll Interdiction Regiment
    Attorney at Lawl
    "The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

  10. #40
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
    8s ranged snare plus fiery spike isn't so bad. It will build up CP until you close.

    The whole point, of course, is to go in, kill someone, and disrupt the group. If you are being actively kited, stop attacking that person. Catch someone by surprise.
    Ya, for sure, and you can definitely be successful at that at times.

    The problem arises when you disrupt the group, and anyone in the game notices, stuns you and you never move again before you're dead b/c what out does nightblade really have? I mean you can reduce damage taken, but if you cant move that's not going to help you that much as you can't get out before its up.

    I dont know, I think rogues will work out better later on when you don't have to decide between mobility and very decent damage and you can have both, till then you're just fodder for anyone who sees a purple power bar.

  11. #41
    Plane Touched Alkonost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Ya, for sure, and you can definitely be successful at that at times.

    The problem arises when you disrupt the group, and anyone in the game notices, stuns you and you never move again before you're dead b/c what out does nightblade really have? I mean you can reduce damage taken, but if you cant move that's not going to help you that much as you can't get out before its up.

    I dont know, I think rogues will work out better later on when you don't have to decide between mobility and very decent damage and you can have both, till then you're just fodder for anyone who sees a purple power bar.
    I kill and distract the enemy team. As a melee rogue, that's just what I do. If they fold their lines to go after me after I killed a couple healers, my team will stab them in the back and fold them like a cheap cardboard cutout. This does not, usually, net me top kills and damage, but it's my job.

    Yeah, I'll have more staying power and mobility once I finish getting up the RS tree later in the levels. By no means does this make me ineffective right now.
    Alkonost D. Alphard
    Colonel of 72nd Troll Interdiction Regiment
    Attorney at Lawl
    "The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

  12. #42
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
    I kill and distract the enemy team. As a melee rogue, that's just what I do. If they fold their lines to go after me after I killed a couple healers, my team will stab them in the back and fold them like a cheap cardboard cutout. This does not, usually, net me top kills and damage, but it's my job.

    Yeah, I'll have more staying power and mobility once I finish getting up the RS tree later in the levels. By no means does this make me ineffective right now.
    Curiously, what healers are you killing? If I go in the back lines, the only things I'm killing is ranged rogues/mages.

    Are you handling clerics? I can make a cleric have to heal himself a bit, but kill him? Not so much.


    edit: and if folding their lines is a champion charging you and wrecking you in the stun..... that's not so much either.
    Last edited by sano; 03-01-2011 at 04:13 PM.

  13. #43
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Can you tell me what specs you are then cos i can kill 3 or 4 even cons then i need to have a drink rest or google break till full health.

    I cant understand how you can chain mobs, if you say bard soul as 2ndry then... fair enough.

    But then why come in here saying you can chain them..


    you should be able to kill any one healer with the 50% heal debuff.. when you get it..
    Last edited by Efour; 03-01-2011 at 06:09 PM.

  14. #44
    Rift Disciple Roxina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarane View Post
    Yeah, but 'technically' critting doesn't proc any of the crit bonuses from the assassin soul. Actually critting does, and that's 10% more likely with Savage Strike.

    This is still the assassin tree we're discussing, mind you.
    "Technically critting" doesn't proc assassin bonuses, but you get two checks on a successful Primal Death proc for that crit- one for Primal Strike and one for Primal Death. There's enough other stuff going on in any given ten seconds that maintaining stacks of Cruel Vengeance and Serrated Blades shouldn't be too hard-hit, and you gain a rather bigger effective crit-damage bonus because of the extra 50% being buffed by all of your NB passives and procs than you would just slipping Savage into an otherwise typical Nightblade setup.

    And as far as Twilight Force and Dusk Strike go, they're on CD, but they're spammable for 15s if you take Ebon Fury. I usually use it for spamming Dusk Strike on boss fights, but it's great for fights when you've got to stay at range (assuming they're not lasting stupid long- if they are you may as well just load up a marks build).

    44NB/17AS/5BD is the build I'm running/planning to run, though I may make some tweaks down the road depending on how the math works out for the whole Backstab/Primal Strike thing. Pull three points out of Primal Death, put one into Flame Thrust for the ability to be more or less fully functional from range. One into Backstab, obviously, and the last into Blade Finesse or something. I desperately want a deep NB build to be able to justify using its own primary combo point generator, but if it doesn't work out...eh. It doesn't work out.

    My NB build is on the squishy side, but since I've got basically no points in defensives...that's more or less to be expected. Puts up some nice damage though. It's not scary warrior damage, but it's better than the other rogues I've grouped with.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

  15. #45
    Shadowlander Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    That ^ and, are the person who made the aion translator? completely random question, i know.
    Yes, I am
    L2- Nya/Nyae - Hierophant 85 (Hindemith/Teon)
    GW - Nya Neko - Monk
    Aion - Nya/Niya - Chanter 55 (Telemachus/Perento)
    RIft - Niya - Nightblade 50 (Whitefall - VoTF)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts