+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade Discussion

I have no regular rotation as I go equal Bard with NB. Totally on the fly so throw in heals when needed and increased cp build or range options as Bard is great for fast cp build.

Yeah, but 'technically' critting doesn't proc any of the crit bonuses from the assassin soul. Actually critting does, and that's 10% more likely with Savage Strike.

This is still the assassin tree we're discussing, mind you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yarane View Post
    Yeah, but 'technically' critting doesn't proc any of the crit bonuses from the assassin soul. Actually critting does, and that's 10% more likely with Savage Strike.

This is still the assassin tree we're discussing, mind you.
    15 if you factor in Lethal (and lets be honest that thing ALWAYS lands after hit 2-3)

What is a nightblade ?

Telaran

Hi there,

Whilst i can appreciate there is a really funny in joke in these forums about the Nightblade class as a new player now level 29 is it really a complete waste of time/gimpy class.

I played a fair bit of WAR and i find it to be very much like a witch hunter with ranged snares and Heal debuff.

Although the High dependency on DOT might well mean bad news in PVP compared to straight up finishign moves like the assassin

In PVE so far its ok.... but its pretty pointless as a ranger can happily chain pull all day whilst i sit here with a wine addiction and annoying downtime if i dont use it..

Anyway whats the real verdict, just 1 non sarcastic and informed reply would be useful.

thanks

I didnt play beta etc so no point telling me stuff about how things used to be in the good old days...

Huhwut? Downtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxina View Post
    Quality Post
    Good ideas, yeah? I'll have to look at the Backstab myself because I didn't even think about it. As for Flame thrust, I like to use it when stuck at range to keep my Fiery Spike stacks from falling. I didn't think about using Twilight Force at all really, doesn't it have a 10 second cooldown?

1/5 Heat Retention was taken because I had a lack of points.. I still don't feel that 5/5 is needed, keeping the 2% increase up should be easy.

with the extra 10points taken out of BD though I guess I have more points then I really know what to do with now.
    [Red Team] Reclaimer Shard

Bubblegum - Rogue Sunday - Mage
    Song - Warrior Demented - Cleric

Default NB

I love my Nightblade and yeah I will stick to Daggers unless there's a significant advantage proven for slower weapons - I sincerely hope the latter is not the case because frankly we are classic Rogue Dagger type with a fiery twist.

The the information in the OP is a mixed bag: the Nightblade Guide (Beta 7) another linked is still a decent starter for NB info.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Efour View Post
    Hi there,

Whilst i can appreciate there is a really funny in joke in these forums about the Nightblade class as a new player now level 29 is it really a complete waste of time/gimpy class.

I played a fair bit of WAR and i find it to be very much like a witch hunter with ranged snares and Heal debuff.

Although the High dependency on DOT might well mean bad news in PVP compared to straight up finishign moves like the assassin

In PVE so far its ok.... but its pretty pointless as a ranger can happily chain pull all day whilst i sit here with a wine addiction and annoying downtime if i dont use it..

Anyway whats the real verdict, just 1 non sarcastic and informed reply would be useful.

thanks

I didnt play beta etc so no point telling me stuff about how things used to be in the good old days...
    They don't come into there own till 32+

Telaran

Cool, i will persevere.

Soulwalker

The only thing I don't like about Nightblades is that it takes a while for them to get started, talent-wise. Takes a lot of points to get those passives up, and it felt lacking to me in the mid 20s because of it. I could cut out 13 points from Riftstalker, but that means no healing and possible downtime between fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Efour View Post
    Cool, i will persevere.
    Persevere? As a NB? I have been playing NB since 16 and I have no problems holding my own.
    KRYSTALINE, Have you Hugged Your Kitten Today?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
    Persevere? As a NB? I have been playing NB since 16 and I have no problems holding my own.
    all i mean is i can pve better solo with a ranger than my nightblade, i tear **** to ribbons, or should that be burn to ashes, but its slower as i get damaged.

Kill plenty in BG too if the group can keep me up.

Soulwalker

Oo not using scourage of darkness? Why? its like one of the nb's best skills i dont understand that at all..

Shadowlander

From a pve point, full heat retention is a must. It has a 100% chance to proc on every one of your generating attacks. Inturn increases your passive damage by a set amount and your finishers dealing a even greater amount. With only one point in your taking that down to all the time to 20% which makes it practically useless since on paper it takes 4-5 combo sets to get a full stack. With full you will have it up after 2 sets of combo points due to dusk strike being weaved in.

I don't know about you but at level 30 my blazing strike crits for 900 with heat retention stack all up, how can i pass that up every other blazing strike? With scourge of darkness it hits for a total of 1500 or so over its 10 strikes if heat retention is used with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast