+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker AoE threat.

Soulwalker

Default Riftstalker AoE threat.

While runnin in dungens i am have a bit of a hard time picking up large amounts of adds, i use rift disturbance and shadow blitz in CD, but it doesnt seem like its enough. I also tried twin strike from bladedancer, but it hardly makes any threat. Anyone find a better way to get snap threat on mob groups?

Shadowlander

Haven't had the issue, I'm 35 and still not having it. Try marking your targets, this helps DPS decide who they hit first. Sometimes I have to swap toons to hold aggro. Biggest pull so far for me was 9 little guys (non elite) and 3 elites. I jumped in, aoe'ed, used blazing strike once, and then focused first target to get my 5 point combo, second for second, third for third, then went back to my first. By the time that happened he died and I went to my second so on so forth.

You can do target swapping, just be sure to use your combo points or transfer them.

I honestly can't say I've remotely had this issue. Dps can nuke any of the targets on me, Rift Disturbance alone is almost always enough threat. Not sure what to tell you.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Quote Originally Posted by Sickmah View Post
    While runnin in dungens i am have a bit of a hard time picking up large amounts of adds, i use rift disturbance and shadow blitz in CD, but it doesnt seem like its enough. I also tried twin strike from bladedancer, but it hardly makes any threat. Anyone find a better way to get snap threat on mob groups?

It sounds like a gear problem, not skill.

check your dps on your weapons and did you gear dexterity? it really helps with threat/dodge rather than just stacking endurance

Shadowlander

I used twin strike and had no issues grabbing aggro with it. I think it works fine for AoE tanking as well, just make sure you are the one pulling and not a caster.
    -------
    Nakor - level 50 Rogue Greybriar
    Old Timer's Guild
    Previous MMOs: Ultima Online, SWG, WoW, WAR, Aion, LOTRO, and now Rift.

Shadowlander

I'm sure it's probably not an issue in your case, but timing can be the instigator in many cases. If you Rift Disturbance/Shadow Blitz too early and miss 2-3 mobs it can be a mess trying to round them up while your dps is blowing something else up.

Soulwalker

herp derp need to delete this cuz i accidently posted in the wrong place
    Last edited by Schalk; 03-01-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailas View Post
    It sounds like a gear problem, not skill.

check your dps on your weapons and did you gear dexterity? it really helps with threat/dodge rather than just stacking endurance

edit: I think what you need to do is mark targets for the other smart people in your group. after that, use your plane ability to jump into the mob, then do both aE moves, then do your normal rotation

I use cadence from bard tree to build points fast. and it works brilliantly

Plane Touched

Riftstalker aoe threat is ludicrously off the charts unless you are a lot of levels under the targets or your party mates. I don't know what else it could be unless you were half naked or not actually using the abilities on cooldown.

Hey Sickmah,

I had the same problem initially and here is what helped me:
    The timing and frequency of both rift disturbance and shadow blitz have helped me gain and keep aggro. I use those two whenever the CD is up. Dexterity is two-fold, so make sure got a good amount. And lastly, target swapping is something that all good tanks should be sound out. Aside from that you should be fine. Good luck and have fun!
    Apple 13" Aluminum Unibody MacBook/Apple 24" LED Cinima Display
    Mac OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard)/Window 7 Ultimate x64 (Boot Camp)
    Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2 x 2GB Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400M Hard Drive: Hitachi 160GB
    Rift: Plans of Telara: Brooks-Ethian Rogue Riftstalker-Snarebrush

+ Reply to Thread