+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Riftstalker Messed Up?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Vladimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default Riftstalker Messed Up?

    Some of the time when i use my planar shifts i fall through the floor. It eventually ports me back to the front of the instance. This presents problems on a couple of fronts the most important being time wasted waiting on the tank to return to where the group left off. The other big one is occasional wipes because the rest of the group dies before i can get back to them. If this is being looked into and someone has seen this problem elsewhere in a thread please direct me to that thread. Thank You.
    The Black Blood Battalion
    Guardians - Lotham PvP - Server


  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimal View Post
    Some of the time when i use my planar shifts i fall through the floor. It eventually ports me back to the front of the instance. This presents problems on a couple of fronts the most important being time wasted waiting on the tank to return to where the group left off. The other big one is occasional wipes because the rest of the group dies before i can get back to them. If this is being looked into and someone has seen this problem elsewhere in a thread please direct me to that thread. Thank You.

    /bump

    I am playing a lvl 44 rogue and been tanking alot instances through my levels with my guild group. I have lost count how many time we have wiped because of this bug.

    This have to be looked into ASAP devs before people start raiding 10/25 man!

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekhan View Post
    I am playing a lvl 44 rogue and been tanking alot instances through my levels with my guild group. I have lost count how many time we have wiped because of this bug.
    Memory Capture can save you from a wipe if your quick with you reactions, although its still no excuse to leave this bug in the game
    Last edited by Tilano; 03-01-2011 at 12:23 AM.

  4. #4
    Telaran dizzyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    70

    Unhappy

    Not to mention that now Shadow Shift now destealths rogues. This is bad.
    Javeline - Rogue of Bloodiron

    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=145142&dateline=12965  15411

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Zayrinoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekhan View Post
    /bump

    I am playing a lvl 44 rogue and been tanking alot instances through my levels with my guild group. I have lost count how many time we have wiped because of this bug.

    This have to be looked into ASAP devs before people start raiding 10/25 man!
    This has been posted to death. Every single Riftstalker thread has posts about this bug in it. You're beating the horse to death for now reason.

    Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Possible "semi-fix"

    I'm not a really good programmer or anything, but knowing the basics and seeing how the "blinks" works, I can imagine the problem is that you will find yourself at the exact same position as your target. Some variable may move you to behind your target, but you will find yourself at the exact same floor.
    The "box" of a player, basically your "selection" or whatever you want to call it, isnt the same as a mobs. Mobs can walk right up mountains, or even through buildings and terran to reach their position. It probably works like that to avoid bugs and abusing terrain etc. to kill mobs. AI would have to be very complicated for the mobs to work in every different scenario otherwise.

    Ever seen your pet go all psycho and bug himself up a mountain or through the ground/terrain to get to you? Yeah, it happens.

    Now that means when you use your blink on a target who's currently slightly below ground or inside terrain, you will end up in the same position. The difference being, that you're not moved up to above ground again - your "box" is BELOW ground, therefore you do not collide with it and you simply fall right through it. Eventually you end up being teleported back to Graveyard, or back to the start of the instance, because that's where the game puts you.

    That's my idea of what's happening currently. TRIONs possibilities to fix a bug like this fast depends completely on how they coded their game, it may be very difficult. As a temporary fix, try not to use your "blinks" or teleports on targets who seem to be below ground or bugging themselves through some kind of terrain at that moment. You won't always be able to see it, but sometimes you are.

    No guarantees this will work, It's just a speculation, but It seems very likely.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts