+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksmen Damage for PvE

Rift Disciple

Default Marksmen Damage for PvE

What have you guys seen? At level 25, I feel my damage as an MM/NB is pretty good.

Do you thin Ranger hits harder? I don't mind the standing still part of pve for the marksmen, since in that other game, i played a hunter.

Anyways, just wanted some input on how you guys are seeing mm dps in pve in your experiences.

I know we got nerfed, but it still seems good.

From my experience,

A MM does fine in solo pve if it has a pet (only works up to 30 unless you spend 21 points in ranger)

In group however, it is very low dps. Rifts are very difficult for a MM to get anything because the energy constraints on swift shot and fan-out. I have been playing ranger lately and not only do I now have a decent tank, I can spam rain of arrows for much more damage and participation.

The class has alot of survivability in group PVE but it comes at a cost of DPS. If you want to be top dps go melee rogue.
    CPU: Core i7 3.06GHz Quad-Core ~ MB: Asus Rampage III Formula ~ RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1333 24GB(6x4GB)
    Monitor: Acer 21.5" LCD/LED x2 ~ GPU: XFX Radeon 5770x2 CrossfireX ~ Boot: Crucial C300 SSD Sata III 64GB
    MM/Rngr/RftStlkr - Pew Pew Run Port

Soulwalker

With Quick Reload, Controlled Fire, Bull's Eye, Hit and Run, and whichever Pedestal you have MM does good damage whether it's AoE or single target.

AoE -> Lightning's Fury -> Crossfire -> Fan Out -> LF -> Fan Out spam (or you can do 2 consecutive Crossfires if you wish to burn Quick Reload) It's especially good since Master Archer can proc off of your AoE abilities.

Single target is little more complex I think but what I do is if it's a stationary target is LF -> Strafe -> Rapid Fire Finisher -> ES -> (LS whenever the debuff falls off) -> HS x3 -> Deadeye shot. I think the key is to keep up RF finisher, keep up LS, use strafe on cd, and manage your plethora of cooldowns.

Just my 2 cents

Heres the issue with MM after 30.. you have no way of keeping the mob off you unless.. let me stress unless you Kite.. sure they have a knock back, and it may be workable for single dps on a single mob, but ... heaven help you if you get adds....

the MM, used to hit really hard, allowing for you to make it to 35 or so, not using the improved pet, it was also going to be a good PvE build up to 50, but you had to dump more points into Ranger for the improved pet.

the issue with kiting, is if you dont have the space to run the mob around, your screwed.. simple. .. the devs i guess felt all the crying about MM being OP, so they nerfed alot of the range damage, thus, if you pick a range class and you want to use range... i.e. range class. make sure by 30 you have at least 24pts in ranger for the improved pet..

at around 35 you wont beable to handle mobs 3 levels over you, maybe 2, unless you toss more points into ranger , boosting the pets health and damage..

Personally, I feel they nerfed the MM damage a bit too much, im not sure what the plan was, I liked the hit, and some of the other shots, however, i have tried several combos, but the biggest is the ranger is 100% more able to stay alive and move on, also if you dont panic you can handle 3 mobs but you may have to heal/rest just depends on how it goes.. now this is working on mobs a level or 2 over. If you always stick with = level mobs u should be ok, but your xp stinks..

just what I have seen playing the last 3 betas and in early release.. i hope someone else thats uber can share better build .. say up to 40 that works, but im not going to put much faith in theroy craft.. i have 3 roles and have been trying to find a good MM mix for PvE-solo that helps me level at a the same rate as having ranger soul as a primary, and i have not found one yet...

sad thing is I really liked the MM class. I wish they would reall revisit it..
    Drive it like u stole it

Soulwalker

It could just be my bad spec, but I've had a feeling that I can do so much more damage with my Ranger/Marks spec than my BD/A spec.

And I prefer the survivability of the ranger build while I'm still leveling. Any reccomendations for a build for a level 30 character?

Shadowlander

I'm still a young rogue but at 30 I have spent my money on several builds. I've red post and blogs and even chatted with other rogues in beta 6 and current.

1 is Ranger 95% of my points / Marks 5 points for rang, you can't beat our Hog for a battle buddy in PVE. Using Rain of Arrows is decent for rifts, but using quick shot without any finishing moves seems to get you more participation points. I would like to make infiltration work for my 3 skill but I may end up grabbing Sabo for the adhesive bomb. ( great for getting out of a jam )

2 is pure Sabo for PVP, although I'm getting bored with it.
    3 is pure Bard for Groups and raids. I am debating on turning this one into a Melee DPS

I am always top or second in rifts as marksman nightblade assassin, just a case of keeping up the swift shot+rapid fire shot on mobs, I have three procs that go off on all types of damage I do, so i can turn a swift shot thats 100 damage into 220 at best from a good proc.

Also something not alot of people know but swift shot + rapid fire shot can be fired from close range.

I start pve kills with pedestal, stealth, dark malady, barbed shot, empowered shot, then rapid fire shot and swift shots, if I am jumped then I go with a pedestal and just blast them at close range, it works, for the most part.

To really solo pve as a rogue you go ranger bard riftstalker though, survivability, heals for you and your pet, and ranged dps.

for PVP and PVE I use at the moment nightblade assassin marksman though, tons of damage.
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Enerzeal View Post
    I am always top or second in rifts as marksman nightblade assassin, just a case of keeping up the swift shot+rapid fire shot on mobs, I have three procs that go off on all types of damage I do, so i can turn a swift shot thats 100 damage into 220 at best from a good proc.

Also something not alot of people know but swift shot + rapid fire shot can be fired from close range.

I start pve kills with pedestal, stealth, dark malady, barbed shot, empowered shot, then rapid fire shot and swift shots, if I am jumped then I go with a pedestal and just blast them at close range, it works, for the most part.

To really solo pve as a rogue you go ranger bard riftstalker though, survivability, heals for you and your pet, and ranged dps.

for PVP and PVE I use at the moment nightblade assassin marksman though, tons of damage.
    Marksmen for PVE dps being the most used tree?

I was MM/NB/Assassin for dungeons too.

+ Reply to Thread