+ Reply to Thread

Thread: marksman riftstalker assasination spec viable?

Soulwalker

Default marksman riftstalker assasination spec viable?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Vc0ch.0AMbt0bo

Just wondering, I am not 50 yet but I want it for purely pvp content. anyone who knows that its going to be terrible I would love to hear any arguments/discussion.

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrunnerrift View Post

Just wondering, I am not 50 yet but I want it for purely pvp content. anyone who knows that its going to be terrible I would love to hear any arguments/discussion.
    If it's for PVP, I'd find an extra point for improved stealth. It may work out pretty well.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kutsuu Isback View Post
    If it's for PVP, I'd find an extra point for improved stealth. It may work out pretty well.
    I think 30 seconds of stealth is plenty, is their really a reason to have anymore?

I think you're better off going nightblade and getting the 15% xtra dmg from combo point generating abilities and 9% increased damage on finishers then rift, unless ur doing that mainly for the escape.

I'd skip the 2 in improved shot and add them to Killer Instinct and take another point away from somewhere *cough the 3rd soul rift or night* and get 3/3 Killer Instinct. That way while ur on the run u can do empowered shot+ deadeye shot with hit and run and close quarters combat activated. Pretty decent crit rate.

Also something to note, some ppl go Sabo for the % dex end game,which increases attack power and crit not to mention the free AoE slow bomb.

I'm still not set on my 3rd soul. I know I'll be going 32 marksman so I get quick reload. Quick reload: 3 min cooldown: Resets cooldown on all your marksman abilities.

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

I think 30 seconds of stealth is plenty, is their really a reason to have anymore?
    With this statement, I guess you are saying you won't be world PVPing. If that's the case then nevermind

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kutsuu Isback View Post
    With this statement, I guess you are saying you won't be world PVPing. If that's the case then nevermind
    Why would you think that? It not that hard to sneak close to someone without being noticed out of stealth, and then engage stealth to get the perfect position or get an incapacitate on his ally or something then open up, I may be wrong and may switch after some testing but i think 30 seconds is plenty.

Soulwalker

I modified your build to this below:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....m.0AMbtRboddo

Cons: You lose 6% dmg reduction and a useless combo finisher(annilate) from Rift Stalker tree.

Pros: You gain Slip Away(WoW rogue term: Vanish) so in World PvP or BG pvp you always can get away
    if your tied down in melee and reappear from a mile away shooting arrows and turning your would be killer into a human pin cushion.

You gain Enduring Brew, a self heal that can be a life saver

You gain +20% dmg to Assassinate(WoW term: Ambush) and +50% crit chance to Assassinate as well. So basically you can combo this with Slip Away(Vanish) for a kill move.

Thoughts: I'm not sure about assassin poison can be working on bows so the 2 points in poison potency
    could be put else where. But if poison enchants do work on bows then thats even more dmg.

Let me know what you think about my modified version of your build

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Max Yang View Post
    I modified your build to this below:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....m.0AMbtRboddo

Cons: You lose 6% dmg reduction and a useless combo finisher(annilate) from Rift Stalker tree.

Pros: You gain Slip Away(WoW rogue term: Vanish) so in World PvP or BG pvp you always can get away
    if your tied down in melee and reappear from a mile away shooting arrows and turning your would be killer into a human pin cushion.

You gain Enduring Brew, a self heal that can be a life saver

You gain +20% dmg to Assassinate(WoW term: Ambush) and +50% crit chance to Assassinate as well. So basically you can combo this with Slip Away(Vanish) for a kill move.

Thoughts: I'm not sure about assassin poison can be working on bows so the 2 points in poison potency
    could be put else where. But if poison enchants do work on bows then thats even more dmg.

Let me know what you think about my modified version of your build
    you make an interesting point, but I took the riftstalker for mobility and defensives, I will say slip away is pretty awsome, But going that deep into the tree wastes talents on melee when thats not my focus that I could see better spent in either the marksman or rift tree.

Soulwalker

Poison does work on bow. Seen it on my combat log. I'm not sure if it stacks on barbed shot

i did this combo in beta and now live. i love it i almost dont want to get the other souls just because i find this so fun, its very versatile, you get good defense, dps and ranged dps. its more viable less cookie cutter than most rogues i see on my server anyway, everyone is a ranger and no one knows how to control the pet.
    Reality is a lie we tell ourselves, when we fear the truth.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...R.Vc.0AMbt0boz

After listening to your guys advice I revised my spec a little bit, what do you think?

looks god to me, pretty close to what i plan to do im only 24 right now but I think thats good marksman is awesome. it does so much damage. youd be a beast in pvp with that to.
    Reality is a lie we tell ourselves, when we fear the truth.

+ Reply to Thread