+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What class do you general have difficulties with in PvP?

Shadowlander

Default What class do you general have difficulties with in PvP?

I know it depends on souls/spec, but I'm curious on average what class it is you have issue with during PvP?

Anyone with healing. Even as an assassin/nightblade with bursts and stuns focused, people with healing can just heal right through it most of the time. Was very frustrated to see my damage parsed after a 1v1 open pvp battle where I jumped a cleric of same level and did 170 dps to him, but he healed 154 hps during that time. He was only doing 33 dps to me, but was winning because that's a greater difference.

On top of that his mana was full at the time I died. (when I was at 50% a rogue popped out and finished me)

Other than that Lay On Hands is really starting to piss me off. I dont' care how long a cooldown is, if it's up when you fight someone it sucks. Games should be fun on both sides of the win/loss. If I had a move guaranteed to kill someone in one hit, but on a 24 hour timer, do you think someone is going to care what the cooldown was if I use it on them?

I had 3 pali's in under 40 minutes that I found in open pvp, almost killed then they heal to full. It's just frustrating. I'd like to see some other mechanic put in place instead of it. It's too much like a kick in the nuts.

Soulwalker

debuff before silence, both skills are in your soul tree's, just need to choose the correct souls, and seeing as you're mentioning melee, it's probably got either Nightblade or Assassin right up there, NB/BD does the trick.
    Twilight: Twilight Forums

Shadowlander

compatent healers.
    compatent warriors that get the charges off out of my slow debuff bomb.

(sab/ranger/assasin, going sab/pvp/something)

otherwise, i'm golden. 10 people standing in chemical bomb is fun

Shadowlander

Anytime you're dealing with a coordinated defense a rogue is not going to be able to burst enough to handle the healing given to a target. If your target of opportunity turns into the whack-a-mole for the other side you're going to lose. You're going to find yourself exposed with no out and a resurrect timer. If your group is coordinated rogues add a punch that gets overwhelmed or unprepared groups destroyed. As far as I've seen, rogues cannot be the "stealth in and take out a target" class....even if I'd like it to be that way.

dmv

The 3 classes I don't enjoy getting jumped by, champion, champion, and, champion.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by krycis View Post
    Anytime you're dealing with a coordinated defense a rogue is not going to be able to burst enough to handle the healing given to a target. If your target of opportunity turns into the whack-a-mole for the other side you're going to lose. You're going to find yourself exposed with no out and a resurrect timer. If your group is coordinated rogues add a punch that gets overwhelmed or unprepared groups destroyed. As far as I've seen, rogues cannot be the "stealth in and take out a target" class....even if I'd like it to be that way.
    This 100%. No matter what soul I usually am (I have 3 roles: MM, NB, Sin), I find that they are not effective unless the team as a whole is really coordinated. If the team is well prepared and organized I usually dominate those killing blows/kills in PvP, regardless of what soul I am at the moment. If the team is falling apart I found that I'm much easier to target/kill.

P.S: I hate assassins level 32+. Even as a nightblade I can't shake them. And sabos as well. :P
    Last edited by IndoX; 03-02-2011 at 01:40 AM.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by IndoX View Post
    This 100%. No matter what soul I usually am (I have 3 roles: MM, NB, Sin), I find that they are not effective unless the team as a whole is really coordinated. If the team is well prepared and organized I usually dominate those killing blows/kills in PvP, regardless of what soul I am at the moment. If the team is falling apart I found that I'm much easier to target/kill.

P.S: I hate assassins level 32+. Even as a nightblade I can't shake them. And sabos as well. :P
    Time your TS, and at 36 you'll get TT

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

Champion/x/x, even PVE builds... Massive DPS and retain great defense and HP.

RB/reavers... heals and nasty DPS.

DPS clerics
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii144/sparks03max/kutsmuffinsig.png

As a Bladedancer... Champions and other 2h warriors. A few lucky crits in a row and i'm done. Evasion can save me from this though, especially combined with a bit of luck.

Other than that... I don't seem to have many issues. Sabs can burn me down quick if I don't get on them quickly enough, Tank Warriors can be a pain to kill, but I seem to do fine against most things. I win alot 1v1, at least.
    Last edited by Edarias; 03-02-2011 at 02:42 AM.

really well played warriors (champions mostly). but that's ok. need a rock to my scissors.

+ Reply to Thread