+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Run 'n Gun build for PVP?

Soulwalker

Default Best Run 'n Gun build for PVP?

Ok, so I JUST started playing, and learning about, this game last night. I love me some PVP and like the run 'n gun style of play that Shadowwarriors had in WAR (if any of you played that game). So, I was thinking MM, but it sounds like they may be underpowered now due to some nerfs?? My current pairing is MM/Sab/Nightblade. But, I just threw those together and don't really know what I'm doing. I will say I like the playstyle of MM by being able to run and shoot and I like the idea of sabs with their AoE snare and chucking bombs all over the place.

But, are they redundant in that I won't be able to use both of their main abilities at the same time (can't shoot and toss bombs at the same time). Should I get a different soul in there to help my survivability, like bard or ranger?

Thanks!

Soulwalker

The short answer is yes, there is a bit of redundancy in that you must choose at any given moment whether you use your energy to activate / channel mm weaponskills, hurl sabo bombs/charges, or wrap you melee weapons in fire and death and chuck them away. Also, if you were to choose bard, you'd also have the option of channeling cadence, which is so-so. The reason people who choose MM usually have sabo as a sub is for the 0- point snare, though the tier-1 dexterity boost is nice as well. The damaging bombs are going to be inferior to your mm dps, though. The reason people who choose sabo sometimes have MM as a sub is for the repel, and the finisher, which makes better utility of their combo points than the sabo finisher. Nightblade is like Riftblade, just a ranged melee dps class. It synergizes better with MM than sabo, mostly because of the weapon enchants.

Ranger is a toss-up for PvP. You get some talents which synergize well with mm more so than sab, a decent snare on a low cooldown, and a pet which has low dps, but can teleport through walls and up cliffs.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the response. That's some helpful insight.

So, if I go MM/Sabo/NB will my survivability be complete crap, though? Not much in the way of self heals I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by KavanM View Post
    Thanks for the response. That's some helpful insight.

So, if I go MM/Sabo/NB will my survivability be complete crap, though? Not much in the way of self heals I take it?
    You will have 0 heals, an aoe snare, a 4 second damage-breaking snare, decent physical+non physical damage, and several speed buffs(one removes snares but has a 30 sec CD).

MM is very fun in PVP, but don't expect to be owning people in seconds
    CPU: Core i7 3.06GHz Quad-Core ~ MB: Asus Rampage III Formula ~ RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1333 24GB(6x4GB)
    Monitor: Acer 21.5" LCD/LED x2 ~ GPU: XFX Radeon 5770x2 CrossfireX ~ Boot: Crucial C300 SSD Sata III 64GB
    MM/Rngr/RftStlkr - Pew Pew Run Port

[Red Team] Reclaimer Shard

Bubblegum - Rogue Sunday - Mage
    Song - Warrior Demented - Cleric

+ Reply to Thread