+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What weapons should my Bard use?

Plane Touched

Default What weapons should my Bard use?

I'm thinking about just doing something like this, and I seem to do ok soloing just fine, but I mostly enjoy the rifts at this point and hope to be useful in dungeons.

I just got a mace as a reward from a quest, and have mostly been using daggers with dex+something to this point, with the occasional sword or axe. The mace has wisdom, but has more DPS, and many of my abilities are "weapon dmg +".

So I started wondering if I was over thinking the 'traditional' rogue, but since I'm a bard, maybe I could use wisdom? Except, I have no mana?

Not really sure what to do here. I guess to keep it simple: What sort of weapons should I be looking at getting assuming I'm going to use the build above and primarily heal and buff-n-stuff?

You want dex and weapon damage. I just equip the best dex weapons I have available.
    "Privates are like cigarettes...smoke'um if you got'um." SSG Johnson

All bard abilities scale with AP, including our non-physical. So pile on the dex, AP, Crit, and str. IMO in that order.
    Rokenn <Blades of Wrath>
    Seastone
    Want to know more about bards? Check out Rift Bards

Plane Touched

Thanks folks.

Soulwalker

Default Weapon Damage

Mentioning "weapon damage +" made me think, given weapons of equal stat modifiers, would it be better to use the slow one that has higher damage per hit?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi Bear View Post
    Mentioning "weapon damage +" made me think, given weapons of equal stat modifiers, would it be better to use the slow one that has higher damage per hit?
    The higher dps one always. Speed won't matter.

That said the greater portion of "weapon" damage is from Attack Power as you get higher lvl.
    For example. At lvl 33 My bard has a 12 dps Mainhand weapon yet the bonus from Attack power is 23 DPS.
    My bow is 15dps.

So the stat Attack power adds more dps than even the weapon.

As long as this thread is here ill ask something that I dont know.
    What trinkets and Planar essences proc from bard attacks?

+ Reply to Thread