+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request: Shadow Warp

Thumbs up Request: Shadow Warp

Make it use the same pathing as the Elf and Bahmi racial abilities. Thats all.

(essentially this would make it less likely to get stuck on little things and would allow for teleporting through the air instead of stopping at the edge of any platform)

The Riftstalker class is amazingly fun, but that particular spell is essentially a copy of the first teleport we get. It would be nice if it was a little more useful for moving around (and everyone should be able to experience the joy that is those two racials - think of the dwarves people!).

Pretty please?
    Characters:
    Sir Atair the Hurricane <The Platinum Order>: Lvl 50 Rogue - Guardian on Faeblight
    Formerly Sir Altair the Hurricane <Pulse> of Shadefallen

I have a feeling that would cause a lot of headaches because the Warp is instant, whereas the racials have Flight time.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    I have a feeling that would cause a lot of headaches because the Warp is instant, whereas the racials have Flight time.
    Balance-wise or coding? I don't think it would be any more of an issue than it is now for balance, but coding I have no idea.
    Characters:
    Sir Atair the Hurricane <The Platinum Order>: Lvl 50 Rogue - Guardian on Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Feldoth View Post
    Balance-wise or coding? I don't think it would be any more of an issue than it is now for balance, but coding I have no idea.
    Yeah, Coding was where I was thinking.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Telaran

actually coding it would be really easy, its just drawing a line from about the halfway point on your body to the same point above the ground you click on and checking that line for collision, very easy check to write and would probably be less than 10 lines of code. This would also fix the pathing issues with some of the other warps where if there is a tiny obstacle or bump on the ground or you jump it causing your warps to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Maethor View Post
    actually coding it would be really easy, its just drawing a line from about the halfway point on your body to the same point above the ground you click on and checking that line for collision, very easy check to write and would probably be less than 10 lines of code. This would also fix the pathing issues with some of the other warps where if there is a tiny obstacle or bump on the ground or you jump it causing your warps to fail.
    I'm thinking it would be more like a small arc (think what happens when you use the racials, you go up even when moving parallel to the ground or downwards). That would also get you over the small stub-your-toe things that can sometimes stop you now.

I don't think it would be a big issue to code either, but I can't be sure. I just know it really annoys me that I can "fly" over a gap to nearby platform, but cant teleport there.
    Characters:

Bump for the morning crowd and the new players :P (I'll let it go after this if)
    Characters:

My only complaint with Shadow Warp is that it doesn't work well going up, at least for me!

It should be as simple as picking a location within the given range and be able to teleport there.
    Apple 13" Aluminum Unibody MacBook/Apple 24" LED Cinima Display
    Mac OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard)/Window 7 Ultimate x64 (Boot Camp)
    Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2 x 2GB Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400M Hard Drive: Hitachi 160GB
    Rift: Plans of Telara: Brooks-Ethian Rogue Riftstalker-Snarebrush

+ Reply to Thread