+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Blade Dancer build Please

Soulwalker

Default Help with Blade Dancer build Please

Hey guys im needing a bit of help with my Rift experiance right now

i started stupidly with my points spreaded into Assassin/Blade Dancer/RS going 10-10-10 and got to level 25 and realised this aint going to work

i played EQ2 before Rift and the Soul Tree system over there is much more simple so i checked online for some stuff on builds for rogues for Rift and found nothing helpful

but i have decided to go with a Blade Dancer primary and Assassin/RS secondary Blade Dancer seems to be my favourite any pointers in where my points should go i have 34 to spare

Soulwalker

If you have to go with BD/AS/RS something like this
    Assassin (3) / Bladedancer (26) / Riftstalker (5)
    May be good? I don't play as a BD myself this just what I think works by looking at the skill tooltips

you migth want to think about using Nightblade instead of Assassin because the blazing fury and Coup De Grace skills in that tree are good overall dmg increasers

like this
    Assassin (3) / Bladedancer (26) / Riftstalker (5)
    or
    Riftstalker (0) / Bladedancer (26) / Nightblade (8)

Again all of this is just by looking on over the tooltips no theorycrafting done ;)
    but they should work

Soulwalker

sorry the link i the middle was was copy of the first one and I didn't catch it in time to edit
    Riftstalker (5) / Bladedancer (26) / Nightblade (3)
    Thats the right one

Soulwalker

Depends on what you want to do with your build, but for solo questing/rifting/grinding, where the Blade Dancer is very strong, something like this works great:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MpVM.VG0hz.g0dVboM

AoE damage, good survivability and selfheals means you can take on 3-4 mobs at a time and walk away at full health. The damage does drop if you're not getting attacked for the dodge reactives, so it's not ideal for instance bosses or PvP. The key ability really is Rift Scavenger, those self heals makes a huge difference.

The build that Akare posted would be the best one to choose for Bladedancer leveling. I got somewhat of a guide going for leveling as Bladedancer it explains a lot and the link is in my sig below, take a look if you want.

Darkrose's Bladedancer leveling guide

Soulwalker

Yeah Akares build looks really good, Thats probably the first hybrid I've seen that looks really good
    Last edited by Pilsken; 03-01-2011 at 05:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread