+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman/Ranger in PvP?

Shadowlander

Default Marksman/Ranger in PvP?

So I've been doing some warfronts with my Marksman/Ranger (with most points in ranger), and one thing that I see so far... I just don't seem to be doing enough damage!

Especially when fighting a warrior, even without them recieving any healing, I'd have to do around 5-10'ish full finishers for them to actually bugger off and die. That's a whole lot of stacking up points!

I mean, warriors running around with 1300 health, and I'm dealing 120 damage on my finishers. How in the world am I suppose to take people down like that? o0 And it's not like my other abilities, to make points for the finishers, do massive damage either... usually along the lines of 30 or so damage :S

Am I somehow massively undergeared compared to other people? Doing something horribly wrong? (I'd say I'm averagely quest-geared, and yes, I have trained all the highest abilities) Or am I just playing this completely wrong?
    It just seems the time people can grind my health down, is way way faster than the time I can grind THEIR health down :S

Now granted, I've pvp'd in the lowest bracket (10-19 (I've pvp'd from level 14-19)), is it just there? Will it change?
    Last edited by TokyoZeplin; 02-28-2011 at 03:01 PM.

It would probably help if you posted your build, but RNG can be a very strong PVP soul.

Armor debuff for the win...

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoZeplin View Post
    Especially when fighting a warrior, even without them recieving any healing, I'd have to do around 5-10'ish full finishers for them to actually bugger off and die. That's a whole lot of stacking up points!
    You are doing physical damage to the class that has the highest armor. You are at a disadvantage. Use your bleeds and kite the warrior.

Damage does get higher the further you go, but armor rating does as well. It will soon become painfully obvious who has good gear and who does not.

Try to stick to rogues or mages if you are trying to kill people with finishers. Clerics are deadly if you do not have an interrupt or silence.
    CPU: Core i7 3.06GHz Quad-Core ~ MB: Asus Rampage III Formula ~ RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1333 24GB(6x4GB)
    Monitor: Acer 21.5" LCD/LED x2 ~ GPU: XFX Radeon 5770x2 CrossfireX ~ Boot: Crucial C300 SSD Sata III 64GB
    MM/Rngr/RftStlkr - Pew Pew Run Port

Telaran

Like the person above said attacking people with high armor isnt normally a good idea, This is the build im using at the moment at lvl 17, And i come top damage every warfront.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfpN.xhh0V..V0o

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoZeplin View Post
    So I've been doing some warfronts with my Marksman/Ranger (with most points in ranger), and one thing that I see so far... I just don't seem to be doing enough damage!

I mean, warriors running around with 1300 health, and I'm dealing 120 damage on my finishers. How in the world am I suppose to take people down like that? o0 And it's not like my other abilities, to make points for the finishers, do massive damage either... usually along the lines of 30 or so damage :S

Am I somehow massively undergeared compared to other people? Doing something horribly wrong? (I'd say I'm averagely quest-geared, and yes, I have trained all the highest abilities) Or am I just playing this completely wrong?
    It just seems the time people can grind my health down, is way way faster than the time I can grind THEIR health down :S

Now granted, I've pvp'd in the lowest bracket (10-19 (I've pvp'd from level 14-19)), is it just there? Will it change?
    Go with Ranger/MM/NB.. your DPS would be Ranger/MM with Damage-enhancers from NB which is the +% on non finisher skills and +% on finisher..

And try to rank up your Quick Shot/Swift Shot to highest you can and also one Finisher skill.. I'm always the highest on kills in The Black Garden in my Level tier as a Ranger/MM/NB..

Go after cloth casters and support, esp. bards. Tanks should not be your targets if there's anything else out there.

+ Reply to Thread