+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's the point of being an assa in PvP ?

Default What's the point of being an assa in PvP ?

Yeah, I've been wonderin what the point of being an Assassin is in PvP, normally you'd go play any other game, look up a class called assassin and you know automatically, that it must be a good pvp class for killing casters and ganking/dpsing in PvP

Well, i suppose this game has it all wrong. I mean the damage is okay, i quess 400+ crits from finishers are good enough, combined with some DOTs from crits and puncture etc. etc.

...but what's the point of being one when you actually can't kill anyone with it. All classes I've seen in WF, be it a Warrior or a fellow rogue ( propably a sabobard ) can heal themselfs and if that's the case, shouldn't combinations like Assa/Rift be buffed up a bit as the little damage we can do on any other class, except for ones alike is minimal and I only get proven that either make a sabobard, sabo something, ranger, or suck in pvp.... And yes, reason to this topic is simple, my Assa/Rift can't kill anyone in WF alone. Sounds to me that the term " Assassin " is wrong on this class as it cannot assassinate anyone

/discussion

It's not the great who are the strong, it's the strong who are the great !

I started doing PVP last night on my assassin at 23-24 and granted my build isn't exactly optimized for PVP I noticed I was barely killing anything. I could murder low armored 20's decently but the damage really isn't there as you just said. You're not alone on this.

Shadowlander

idk what you guys are doing wrong but i have no problem on my lvl 25 assasin killing ppl, only problem i have is warriors

my build is mostly into the assasin tree with 8 pts into NB for the 15% dam to combo building skills and 3 into primal strike having a 30% chance to deal 50% ability dam, 3rd soul is Rift but i dont have any points put in there yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sayaka View Post
    I started doing PVP last night on my assassin at 23-24 and granted my build isn't exactly optimized for PVP I noticed I was barely killing anything. I could murder low armored 20's decently but the damage really isn't there as you just said. You're not alone on this.
    Wow, I'm not the only Assassin in this game, already got scared all the assassin people rerolled as a sabobard or a ranger as where it lately seems to have come down to. All rogues who roll a assassin w/o knowing that it's not gonna be like dancing on roses like in for example early Aion or other pvp games like that.

I quess the thing we're missing are the stuns, as usual, assassins rely on crits and stuns. In this game though, the only stun I've managed to do on my Assa is from stealth, which is not right. In Aion for example, you'd keep your target stunned for a certain ammount of time after coming out of stealth, you either got him, or you didn't. It was more like hit and run. Some good players could make awesome combacks even thought the target got away and managed to heal themselfs. Here you can only rely on the target to be stupid enough to keep his/hers back against you, deal damage on other targe while you Dps the poop outta 'em ( spamming dots and backstab lol ). Thats not what happened any other games, how did it go so wrong here ?
    Last edited by onnenonkija; 02-28-2011 at 03:13 PM.

It's not the great who are the strong, it's the strong who are the great !

I'm using Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker with most of the points in Nightblade with the rest in Assassin at the moment. Usually I run with Assassin/Bladedancer/Riftstalker with most of the points in Assassin and the rest in Bladedancer.

The problem I have with the second build is I can't close distances in PvP after a knockback unless my teleport from Riftstalker is up. When it's down I'm screwed. I'm liking the first one a lot better because of the range abilities that Nightblade provides, but I miss the dodge and strikeback from Bladedancer.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by onnenonkija View Post
    Wow, I'm not the only Assassin in this game, already got scared all the assassin people rerolled as a sabobard or a ranger as where it lately seems to have come down to. All rogues who roll a assassin w/o knowing that it's not gonna be like dancing on roses like in for example early Aion or other pvp games like that.

I quess the thing we're missing are the stuns, as usual, assassins rely on crits and stuns. In this game though, the only stun I've managed to do on my Assa is from stealth, which is not right. In Aion for example, you'd keep your target stunned for a certain ammount of time after coming out of stealth, you either got him, or you didn't. It was more like hit and run. Some good players could make awesome combacks even thought the target got away and managed to heal themselfs. Here you can only rely on the target to be stupid enough to keep his/hers back against you, deal damage on other targe while you Dps the poop outta 'em ( spamming dots and backstab lol ). Thats not what happened any other games, how did it go so wrong here ?
    you get another 4 second stun later up the tree that does not require stealth.
    Name: Redbox
    Guild: DOA

Soulwalker

I'll agree at lower lvls as sin is rough. I'm 33 now on my sin and I can say as you level it just keeps getting better and better. Was testing against a cleric my level with decent gear and just putting up all my bleeds then vanishing dropped him to 10% by the time they all dropped off, that was with nothing other the bleeds and expose weakness wich does buff ur dots.

Soulwalker

I do think assassin's are a little under powered for burst damage.

assassins are fine, play a pvp class in pvp, in this game assassins/nightblades are not pvp classes! ranged = pvp and melee = pve!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

I've played assassin up to the mid 30s currently. The problem with assassins in PvP is gaining and maintaining uptime on your target. Sneaking in and getting an opener is super easy. Getting the first 5 CPs is super easy. Recovering from being knocked back/kited is impossible. Assassin has 0 gap closers and if you get knocked back (which happens all the time) you cannot maintain your snare on the target and/or get back on top of them to do any damage. If your target gets away long enough for your snare to run out and can hit you from a distance, you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlani View Post
    I've played assassin up to the mid 30s currently. The problem with assassins in PvP is gaining and maintaining uptime on your target. Sneaking in and getting an opener is super easy. Getting the first 5 CPs is super easy. Recovering from being knocked back/kited is impossible. Assassin has 0 gap closers and if you get knocked back (which happens all the time) you cannot maintain your snare on the target and/or get back on top of them to do any damage. If your target gets away long enough for your snare to run out and can hit you from a distance, you're done.
    every rogue should have a Riftstalker 3rd soul AT MINIMUM for the Phase Shift tag skill. Thats your goto "back in or back out" skill

39:0 Kills to Deaths. -> http://visuallyill.com/GROANER_1.jpg

Actively Looking for Guild!

I did plenty of pvp as assassin in the Beta and so far a bit in Headstart. I have no problem. Yes its harder and you really need to not mess up your rotations depending on the class your fighting, you need to actually be decent player to pvp as assassin and not suck.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Forlani View Post
    . Pair it with riftstalker and ur good on gap closers.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Denzion View Post
    every rogue should have a Riftstalker 3rd soul AT MINIMUM for the Phase Shift tag skill. Thats your goto "back in or back out" skill
    This goes without saying, but a 45 second cooldown as an escape/gap closer? lol It can be reduced to 30 seconds with deep rifstalker talents, but then you're left with no points to use in your PvP soul. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Honestly, I love my sin in PvP.

Like many before me have said: "You have to pick your target."

I have found the most success with applying pressure to the backline healers, or by sneaking up on someone around 50% and finishing them off. Typically a ranged class is so tunnel vision that they do not even realize I am on them until it is too late. (Must be all the numbers they see flashing on their screen?)

Sometimes it is difficult, but I enjoy the challenge of melee rogue and I find its playstyle both fun for me and disruptive for the other team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast