Telaran

Default Bards in solo PvP

Completely blow

Try ganking somebody like a Warrior..

When you pop out and candence them, they laugh and you get crit a 1k

GG

Waste of time class
    Only good in Raids

Bards are not really a solo-anything class. They are meant as group support. You are a jack of all trades and you may not be able to take anything down 1v1, but you give your team a lot of extra power. If you want to gank: go marks

Soulwalker

***** by a warrior? Really?

...bards are not meant to kill people you cretin. bards are support.

Hope this is a troll

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DocRx View Post
    you may not be able to take anything down 1v1,
    Nah, I'm soloing elites with the bard. Mobs are easy mode.

Players, thats another story.

I was 26 and attacked by a 31 cleric. We sat there fighting for about 10 mins talking about how neither of us could do anything to the other.

The healing in this game is slightly OP.

so, you are spec'ed for heals....but you cant dps as effectively as someone spec'ed for dps....
    .... change your souls! go for dps if you want to kill someone!

and before you say that you can't solo a cleric that is healing himself....mid-level and above, all classes have an interrupt or a -heal debuff that you can apply.

my 2cts
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend”

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
    Nah, I'm soloing elites with the bard. Mobs are easy mode.

Players, thats another story.

I was 26 and attacked by a 31 cleric. We sat there fighting for about 10 mins talking about how neither of us could do anything to the other.

The healing in this game is slightly OP.
    Sorry, I thought it was obvious I was talking about PvP since he was only complaining about PvP. Bard soloing is great right now and it is fairly easy to solo elite mobs as soon as you get your healing finisher.

I'm finding bards pretty bad in pvp too now that I'm higher level. In the 10-19 bracket, bards feel arguably OP and are tough to kill. In 20-29 it feels very balanced and you give as good as you get. In the 30-39 bracket however, bards just get wrecked. It's not even funny.

I caved and went with the fotm and am doing really well as a saboteur lol. Champions are still OP as hell though.

Shadowlander

Do you have the 34 point ability verse of captivation? Use with Sab and NB to make a fun, challenging spec. To make the Sab damage strong enough, you have to give up a little Bard versatility, but it is PvP and you do need to be able to kill.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by archer32 View Post
    Completely blow

Try ganking somebody like a Warrior..

When you pop out and candence them, they laugh and you get crit a 1k

GG

Waste of time class
    Only good in Raids
    Trollololol

L2P bard imo.

Considering Trion has made it clear Bards are absolutely garbage when alone, I think that the problem is an ID-10-T error with the OP. You're playing a class designed to support other people. If you want to solo, go Marksman or Sab.

On that note: a good Bard in any warfront can and will carry a team to a large extent.

Telaran

Haha what?
    Bards are not dps by any means, they are more or less pure support, and they own at it.
    Put one or two bards in a warfront and you've most likely won.
    Me and a mate usually go bard in warfronts and we usually win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
    On that note: a good Bard in any warfront can and will carry a team to a large extent.
    True, but there is so little reward if you play as a healer/buffer.

I usually finish first (by far) in terms of heals done and I rotate all my buffes to help with kill / dmg received. Of course, it is aoe heals, but you are still healing people getting attack, people that is attack the fang carrier in bg, etc. So, you are contributing.

Now, all those times...all of them, I've finished last (by far as well) in terms of faction points....
    They need to fix that....doing something similar to the change for rift participation would be just fine....
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend”

Soulwalker

Riiiiiight..

Are we supposed to sing through a warriors armour? Or maybe bash him over the head with our lutes. Get real! lol. I mean, if you angle the trumpet right, maybe... hmm..

Bards are support. We make our groups stronger, support our healers, debuff the enemies to make them susceptible to damage while we peck away at a target like a mosquito would..

We're not strong, but our strength is not in our arms, but our voices! Go bards! ..

+ Reply to Thread