+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some questions about bards

Soulwalker

Default Some questions about bards

1. Our weapon damage for our cords is it considered to be our bow, or 2 1h's
    2. Is our damage considered melee or non-phsyical damage, my reason why is i want to know if i need to have coda of cowardice or distress up.
    3. Is it worth having a bard in your instance group at all times? Do you lose alot of dps by doing so at the risk of buffs
    4. If you weren't going to be a bard as a rogue what would you roll? and why
    5. Wouldn't it be cool if you could have a flute> a lute lol.

Soulwalker

Anyone able to answer it for me?

There are some good guides over at http://www.riftbards.com/forum/ Not gonna repost here, as they are not my work.

The quick answer is that in melee it should be base off your primary hand weapon, at range on your bow.
    Rokenn <Blades of Wrath>
    Seastone
    Want to know more about bards? Check out Rift Bards

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rokenn View Post
    There are some good guides over at http://www.riftbards.com/forum/ Not gonna repost here, as they are not my work.

The quick answer is that in melee it should be base off your primary hand weapon, at range on your bow.
    I did some testing and it appears the game does not automatically select which weapon to use for your stats when you attack from range. You need to manually select the weapon. In other words, your Bard's ranged attacks will use your melee weapon stats unless you have manually equipped your bow as your primary weapon. I tested this as a Bard/Riftstalker/Nightblade spec. Perhaps as a ranged spec (e.g. Bard/MM/Ranger) you default to bow when at range (I don't know so maybe someone else can answer).

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    I did some testing and it appears the game does not automatically select which weapon to use for your stats when you attack from range. You need to manually select the weapon. In other words, your Bard's ranged attacks will use your melee weapon stats unless you have manually equipped your bow as your primary weapon. I tested this as a Bard/Riftstalker/Nightblade spec. Perhaps as a ranged spec (e.g. Bard/MM/Ranger) you default to bow when at range (I don't know so maybe someone else can answer).
    yar, MM and Ranger have an autoswitch passive. So you will auto-switch to ranged weapon at range and melee at poking distance.
    Rokenn <Blades of Wrath>
    Seastone
    Want to know more about bards? Check out Rift Bards

+ Reply to Thread