+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make Serrated Blades ranged again

Default Make Serrated Blades ranged again

Serrated Blades got changed to melee in the last patch, which severly limited ranged builds.

Many ranged buidls were using Rang/Assas/xx or MM/Assas/xx. With the patch you now have to waste 3 points into skills totally useless for ranged classes.

The Assassin tree is still very good for ranged builds and used in most of them, but there were really no need to change that skill.

Change the name to Serrated Attack or something and make it a passive for both melee and ranged.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Yes please.

Shield of Telara

They need to put it back on ranged. But make it 50% for ranged instead of 100% dmg. It just provides too much dps for ranged if given at the same exact rate due to the higher base dmg of ranged weapons.

At 50% it would still be a significant portion of dmg just not as high as before the change.

P.S. Dont change the name Serrated Blades is fine and we can just imagine barbed arrows or some ish.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 02-28-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Plane Walker

They will not put it back because it will allow too many ranged buils further up the assassin tree.

I agree. It hurts to have to spend those 3 points on a melee only skill. I definately want my serrated arrows back.

cloak and daggers is a bit better than serrated blades for now, if you have enough points to get paralizing strike, you can stun the target and get a damage buff, works well enough ganking range classes since they wont try to be up in your grill, stun em step back pew pewing
    Dogma's guild leader
    Guardian US Seastone guild.
    Now recruiting mature players, for PvP and PvE, apply on the forums at www.dogmaguild.org

Telaran

I, too, would dearly LOVE to see serrated blades back on ranged skills, and I'd be perfectly fine with only 50% damage increase... right now, I'm having to put those 3 points into Cloak and Dagger, which is kinda a life-saver in open PvP/I somehow pull threat off the tank... melee sap then step back and keep rolling on tanks target, but I'd rather be spending my 'sin points on crit hit chance. crit hit damage, etc.

As a ranger, I already have 2 bleeds and access to some nice damage boosters through the poisons, why can't we have one more bleed at 50% effectiveness? Especially now that all shots have been quartered in damage potential...

I agree with this, if only to make one of the rogue melee souls have some sort of synergy with the rogue ranged souls.

/signed

SB are nerfed into oblivion right now. For a melee SIN this really doesn't matter, he can pick other useful talents. But ranged synergy is ruined. CnD is a good choice for PvP, even if you're mostly ranged build. But for PvE you're just forced to waste 3 points.
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 03-01-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Sehnsucht is almost impossible to translate adequately and describes a deep emotional state.

Rift Disciple

I would definitely agree to having Serrated Blades back, even at a significantly reduced amount of damage. I've been struggling to figure out what to waste those three points in now that it got nerfed.

+ Reply to Thread