+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on Greater Planar Focus and Bard

Telaran

Default Question on Greater Planar Focus and Bard

Ok, so there are three types, one that procs off healing spells, one that procs off physical, and one that procs off spells.

Which of these three work for us?

Right now i have a bard build, and a sabo build, but I mostly use bard. I was wondering If I could one stop shop my greater focus for both builds or not. As in, if the one that procs off physical attacks works for sabo and bard, then ill get that.

If not, ill get the physical one for my saboteur build, but then I need to know does the healing one work for bards or not? If it doesn't, ill just use the spell damage one I guess. It just says it procs off healing spells, and im not sure if cadence and Coda of restoration and motif of regeneration are considered healing spells or not.

Its very confusing, just looking for some people who have definitive answers.

Also, bombs, physical attack or spell attack as far as these focuses go?
    Last edited by Kellindell; 02-28-2011 at 12:57 PM.

The healing planar focus, does proc off cadence as well as the coda. I have the 300 point heal over 8 sec, and it procs alot.
    Error: No Keyboard detected, press F1 to continue....

Shadowlander

awesome i was looking for this answer also.

Shadowlander

Default I think

you need to look at the damage type to determine which will proc. Physical damage uses the physiscal proc. healing procs the heal and elemental type procs the spell.

Of course soemone could come in and post something completely diffferent but that is what I have been going by and so far it seems to work.

Soulwalker

I had the same confusion of which one to use.

- Healing spells that proc spell power is a no no. Our skills are not spells. Only attack power increase the effectiveness of Cadense and therefore even if your heal can proc spell power increase, it does not add any benefit.

- Melee attack with weapon that proc attack power, only procs when you are in melee range actually either auto attack in between Cadence, or using other rogue soul melee skills. That can proc attack power, which adds a few more damage ( at lvl 45, proccing 50 attack power adds 17 total damage or almost 6 additional damage per tick to Cadence )

- Physical damage attack proc self shield or heal. It's pretty much the same since Cadence damage isn't physical. This is proven with night blade tree 2nd line, +9% none physical damage that does increase Cadence damage. So it can only proc off other rogue soul physical damage or autoattack in melee range between Cadence.

I have just notice someone posting in this thread about healing proc heal over time one. I think that is the best one and I will use it. Thank you
    Last edited by Shanshan; 02-28-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Telaran

Ok so, healing one procs off bard healing. Bard damage isnt a spell or physical, so it wont proc either damaging one.

That correct?

As far as Sabs go, do there charges proc any blade or planar focus'? Or is detonate the only thing? Would bombs proc the spell ones?

As far as nightblades go, there ranged/spell attacks require a melee weapon, so do they proc off the physical one? Or the spell one?

Default .

where are you obtaining the healing planar focus?
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Telaran

I got one as a random drop on a rift in silverwood, level 22 required.

I see the same exact one, but 5 less points of healing on the gloamwood planar vendor.

Ive only ever gotten the one to drop.

Still not sure which damaging one effects sabo or bard abilities. Id like to have a nice damage proc in my sab build. And when im just running around grinding in my bard build, id use the same focus if I know if it procced it or not.

+ Reply to Thread