+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is bladedancer just too confusing?

Default Is bladedancer just too confusing?

Havent seen many posts regarding it as a high dps spec.

It is really useful and with assassin bleeds and poisons. Ridiculous.

Soulwalker

I'm rolling a bladedancer dominant rogue and I'm really surprised no one has pointed out how ridiculously strong they are.

Prophet of Telara

It's not too confusing, I plan on one of my roles having it as main, sort of a duelist type character. Hell, the other day I tanked the big boss in RoF with a few points into duelist and RS with a couple healers on me (group was 2 clerics, 1 warrior, 2 rogues). The tank died fast for some reason and the other Rogue dropped like a fly, and I won the war of attrition with my defensive finishers, 30 second dodge ability, and shifted any time I was close to death to buy myself a few extra seconds for the healers to catch up. It was truly epic and impressed the group very much. That being said, I think the reason not many choose it as their main is that it is hard to utilize BD as a secondary for a few reasons...

First, there are many good skills in the tree...if you choose it you really want to spend a lot in it, making it hard to get all of the good DPS stuff from assassin, and most rogues want to maximize dps.

Second, for a mere 10 points, NB will give you +15% damage to combo builders and finishers, and a little ranged combo builder that is sort of nice to have around. That's pretty massive to add to an already high-damage class for so few points.

Third, RS isn't quite a "must", but most people want it in their build. It helps us survive longer to dish out damage, helps us escape fights we can't win, or chase down people to make sure that we do win the fights we should instead of letting people escape with their tail between their legs, etc etc. It's sort of the utility/survivability thing that the other rogue specs lack...so it makes a great filler.

Soulwalker

I think it is just less played simply because, unless you are actually being attacked, you will not be able to work to your full potential. But it is also not really a tank, so when it does get hit it hurts. It is fun though, just an odd design.

Telaran

I'm loving the BD so far. It is a challenge to play for sure, but that's what will make it great in the hands of a good player.

I'm only 24 but this is what i've been running.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVNi.nbzV0o.Vbo.V0o

I often topped the DPS chart on black garden from 17-19 and solo it's just great having the pet and kiting abilities in the ranger tree in case things get bad.

It is so nice having a ranged attack/finisher as melee for when you're just out of melee range and can still build up combo points/finish from range.

Here's my plan for later on:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hdz.Vuo0u.V0xM

Open from stealth range with Dark malady/shadow fire/piercing shot then jump on in to clean up melee.

Edit: forgot to add that having an interrupt/silence off the GCD is just amazing...for 10 energy
    Last edited by Psomatose; 02-28-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Blade Dancers are gimp...

No need to talk about them...

Rift Disciple

People dont talk about them because compared to other melee rogues... like Assassin/Nightblade they really just dont compare : / Although i will admit they are pretty fun to play

They're great for questing, but in PvP they are lacking until the higher skills. In group play they're gimped by inability to use their dodge-proc skills.

It's a great second or third role for the less quest-friendly Rogue souls.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 02-28-2011 at 01:23 PM.

BD got lots of defensive stuff that is very good paired with RS. Wont see many Rogues that main BD, its too weak.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Deadparrot View Post
    BD got lots of defensive stuff that is very good paired with RS. Wont see many Rogues that main BD, its too weak.
    Come watch me AOE down 4-5 same level mobs per pull and tell me how weak RS/BD is. lol.

Telaran

Twin strike is especially good in dungeons as well as compound attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalam1 View Post
    Come watch me AOE down 4-5 same level mobs per pull and tell me how weak RS/BD is. lol.
    he meant its weak as a viable Main spec for instances/raids(when it happens) based on the fact that a lot of the abilities require that you are being attacked and dodge/parry etc.

Blade dancers are great for solo leveling. They are a bit harder to use in pvp.
    My thoughts in my mind are structured like a chess board. Everything that ends up happening is a checkmate. It's all according to plan.

Rift Disciple

People just don't realize they have a leap towards the enemy that roots them for 2 seconds, and is on a 15 second cooldown. Plus a 4 second stun on 20 second CD. Nom nom. I am building it alongside my Sin. I have Sin/BD/NB.
    Last edited by Selix; 02-28-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kalam1 View Post
    Sure... if you don't like pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast