+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kiting issues

Default Kiting issues

Having a lot of issues with kiting in this game compared to others.

With enemies having an increased speed boost, and the Exposed buff, I just die way too much trying to kite. I try to use my snares but they just keep up with me no matter what with their increased speed. And whether they are behind me or on the side of me, they keep stacking up that Exposed buff which just kills me instantly.

Is kiting still viable for Rangers in this game? Currently running a Ranger/MM/Sabo at the moment at level 23.

Off topic, can't stand this Exposed buff. What ever happened to live to fight another day? Yet if you try to live to fight another day, the enemy gets increased damage against you with every single hit? That doesn't seem fair at all. If I shoot an enemy from behind, I don't get this buff. Yet if they hit me from behind, they get it. How is that fair?

I was rolling the same thing and you must be doing something wrong. we have plenty of snares, roots, and stuns that allow you to increase your distance from the enemy. With sab you have the ground aoe snare and in mm you have atleast 2-3 viable options and 1 in ranger that allow you to slow a target. Maybe wait till you are a higher level to judge how it actually is..or mess around with the specs to find something that suits your style of play.

It is more difficult than other games to kite but it's definately possible.

cheers.
    Gloom

"Hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide yo husband, because they’re rapin everybody out here.”

Soulwalker

Honestly if you want to be unkitable just throw a riftstalker soul in there somewhere. They literally have FIVE blinks on seperate cooldowns, and if you're high enough in the tree using any of these make you invulnerable to snares, stuns, and roots and give you a movement speed bonus after using them.

Rogues should not be complaining about getting kited.

Sincerely,

RS/BD/NB rogue

Default Kiting

I play a level 17 mm/ranger/sabo and I think kiting is pretty simple in Rift. I have to admit my pvp experience so far has been in warfronts, so not so much kiting occurred. But, when I was engaged by someone (usually a melee rogue or tank), it's pretty simple to drop my aoe snare bomb, knock the melee enemy back into it, pop Hit and Run and their day gets much worse, mighty quickly. If for some reason the enemies are focus-firing on me, or I'm taking excessive dps, this tactic will usually give me enough time to get out of line of sight of range dps or back in line of sight of my healer.

I also can say my one experience in open-world pvp was a success, I killed a level 14 mage when I was level 10. I'm not sure the mage knew where I was, but that is hardly my fault.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Kalam1 View Post
    Honestly if you want to be unkitable just throw a riftstalker soul in there somewhere. They literally have FIVE blinks on seperate cooldowns, and if you're high enough in the tree using any of these make you invulnerable to snares, stuns, and roots and give you a movement speed bonus after using them.

Rogues should not be complaining about getting kited.

Sincerely,

RS/BD/NB rogue
    He's not talking about being kited, he's talking about kiting.

Read first.

Soulwalker

I posted a thread similar to this one earlier. I think kiting doesn't in this game. I feel a little differently than the OP, I feel I'm able to keep my distance from melee, but that's were the problem occurs. The amount of ranged damage they can throw at me is ridiculous. I thought the purpose if kiting was to keep from being damaged? I think that playing a ranged class is almost redundant due to the fact that most of the skill(ability to kite) required to play a ranged class isn't there...Kiting just doesn't exsist.

I gave up on kiting. Too much work with not enough reward. It's just not viable with every class having roots, snares, stuns, charges, intercepts, and ranged attacks that do decent damage. I was playing a Ranger/MM/Sabo and it was stupid to play.

I switched to my RNR build. MUCH better results. Range them down if they stay at range. Range them as they come in then melee them down. Planeshift to stay at range or escape. They can't run from you because you can snare and range them down. Also, stealth with a ranged sap. Very, very good tool chest to work with.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fuekskqz.V.V0x
    Last edited by Despoiler; 02-28-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    "Meet me in the shadows and I'll show you the depths of darkness"

+ Reply to Thread