+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some new breeds of healers i have seen

Rift Master

Default Some new breeds of healers i have seen

So i have seen a TON of warden + justicar + anything else in warfronts lately. I have also seen a TON of inquisitors + justicar + i'm-not-sure-what.

I was interested in these builds for my cleric myself. The justicar heal DOCTRINE OF BLISS seems to heal for boat-loads with mien of honor up and is instant and they have enough ranged life attacks that they can keep four stacks pretty easily.

Seems VERY durable and VERY survivable.

I even saw a warden+Just that was running around with mien of leadership up all the time just so he was sitting at around 3K health at level 28 and had amazing armor and still his warden heals to keep him warm. I he would sometimes change out to honor for doctrine of bliss spam... but sometimes not... probably it heals for a nice chunk of change anyway when you have your hots rolling.

So i know you are reminding me that this is the rogue forums.

Well ---> meet a new opponent.

I am wondering how you rogues plan on dealing with these kinds of clerics.

The justicar+shaman i have good enough dps (riftblade) to kite them (no melee life damage convictions) and kill them. I have had good luck (VERY hard fight) fighting the inquisitor+justicars as well... but those fights are extremely close.

I don't see how i can kill a warden+justicar. I know i have elemental attacks and so it bypasses the armor... but it doesn't bypass the instant heal spam and it doesn't bypass the loads of extra health it gives them. They just have more health than i can burst.

If i was relying on physical attacks it would be even worse (enter the assassin dilemma). If you stick around they can probably kill you with dots + waterjet.

What i do for the warden+justicar is NOT 1v1 them. I will try to kite them back to a my group, or i would try to put pressure on them if they are in their group.

Anyway... have you run into them and if so how are you handling yourself and them?

This is sort of an outgrowth of people realizing that PvP requires survivability. It is the same as warriors picking up Void Knight and rogues picking up Rift Stalker in their pvp builds even if it adds little to their actual main DPS or role soul.

This is unlikely to change much and I'd wager to guess that at 50 we'll see Warden/Justi/PvP soul and other such mixes that favor survival over healing power HEAVILY.

Rift Master

Anyone else want to throw in their ideas?

Also ---> how have your rogues (and particularly SIN) managed to deal with them?

How much survival does RS really offer rogue? Its great for you guys that mobility and survivability are in the same soul.

Is the 15% shield on shift really notice-able?

+ Reply to Thread