+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motif of Encouragement - I lol'd

Default Motif of Encouragement - I lol'd

25 Energy
    Instant

Plays a Motif that causes up to 5 surrounding critters to follow the rogue, lasts 15 seconds.

Requires: 36 points spent in Bard

Sh*t like this Trion.... Sh*t like this... <3

Rift Disciple

Would be really cute/funny if it was like the 12 point ability.

But to make it the 36 point ability when every other class gets something, ya know, useful is a real kick to the crotch.

Totally pointless and its BS that thats what we get - a worthless skill.
    Noth <Time>

Pve
    Rift Disciple

IF it worked on pets it would be hot. otherwise....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pve View Post
    IF it worked on pets it would be hot. otherwise....
    What if it worked on enemy pets? oh wait, Any bard skill can do that

Quote Originally Posted by SprintFun View Post
    Would be really cute/funny if it was like the 12 point ability.

But to make it the 36 point ability when every other class gets something, ya know, useful is a real kick to the crotch.

Totally pointless and its BS that thats what we get - a worthless skill.
    Im in complete agreement with you here. I sincerely hope Trion rethinks this..this is too many points to dedicate to a tree just to end up with crap abilities. How many bards do you know that will take the tree that high? The ones i know will avoid going that deep in the tree just to end up with fluff.

GIVE ME SOMETHING USEFUL TRION!!!

Rift Disciple

It kind of limits Bards because you either stop putting points into the skill tree at 34 or have to go all the way to 40. Poopy
    Noth <Time>

Zun
    Soulwalker

None of the other rogue classes get anything at the 36th point. This skill is a bonus. Just check the number of root skills each class gets, bard gets one more than all the others except for ranger. (I guess the pets are counted as extras, not sure?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zun View Post
    None of the other rogue classes get anything at the 36th point. This skill is a bonus. Just check the number of root skills each class gets, bard gets one more than all the others except for ranger. (I guess the pets are counted as extras, not sure?)
    QFT, bards are spilling over with utility as it is anyhow, with some claiming that you need a g15 with timed macros just to manage your motifs (not agreeing by any means). I think it's great that they just threw MoE in there for funsies.
    Last edited by Jumz; 02-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Soulwalker

Some classes don't get as many abilities as Bards.

They could just as easily remove it and give Bard's nothing at 36 points. They obviously didn't want Bard's to have a legitimate ability at this level. So you would rather have nothing?

And anyways bards have nothing to cry about. If bards were in a bad state, sure, but you guys are doing excellent.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    Im in complete agreement with you here. I sincerely hope Trion rethinks this..this is too many points to dedicate to a tree just to end up with crap abilities. How many bards do you know that will take the tree that high? The ones i know will avoid going that deep in the tree just to end up with fluff.

Yeah, how dare Trion give you acosmetic fun skill instead of what every other rogue class receives at 36 which is absolutely nothing. You keep fighting those loathsome oppressors giving you extra skills, spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post

I've heard that all main spec bards go the full 51 points into the tree, because there arent many other souls that compliment the support and healing of the bard. One useless ability isn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySmurf View Post
    I've heard that all main spec bards go the full 51 points into the tree, because there arent many other souls that compliment the support and healing of the bard. One useless ability isn't so bad.
    This is what i plan to do. *sigh* i will be annoyed with the silly squirrel charm but i'll get over it.
    Just call me the pied piper. *rolls eyes*

Soulwalker

It's a cute, fun ability. I'm planning on being a 51 bard and I'm looking forward to running through towns with my little fuzzy army in tow.

I think it'd be great if every soul had a little "bonus" like this, something fun that reminds people that not every skill has to max out their utilities in their endgame of choice.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    I think it'd be great if every soul had a little "bonus" like this, something fun that reminds people that not every skill has to max out their utilities in their endgame of choice.
    That's my only complaint about this skill. I think every class should have a fun one at 36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast