+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards: Physical crit?

Default Bards: Physical crit?

Does +physical crit% work with our abilities since they do non-physical damage?

They aren't really spells either, so are +spell crit% useful?

bumping - does anyone know?

we use crit not spell crit, just like we use attack power instead of spell power. There is no "physical" crit from what i've seen, crit bonus effects melee and ranged regardless of us doing non physical damage. The only odd man out are some souls that have a special range only crit bonus.

As a bard we're unique in that our abilities dps depends on what range we're at(ie what auto attack we're currently using determines which weapon dps is used for the ability)

Soulwalker

Don't quote me on this as I heard somone say it in general chat to a similar question, but, what they said is that no matter what soul you are using they all use the same stats. So for a rogue I believe our primary stats are dex and end (could be wrong, I just enjoy playing). So no matter which soul you are 'casting' from those stats benefit the spells. This would make sense since trying to gear for different souls would be a nightmare and since they seem to not want us to nitch ourselves into a single role this would allow a huge amount of flexibility. Hope this helps... and is right. :P

Jetsem
    Last edited by Jetsem; 02-28-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: cause I only check my spelling after I turn in my papers.

Soulwalker

can confirm from my 20% base physical crit chance that bards do use physical.

Also your heals like cadence will count and trigger for procs of essences that trigger off heal "spells"

+ Reply to Thread