+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Rate my build" Thread

Shadowlander

Default "Rate my build" Thread

Hopefully we can turn this into a good place to look for build advice/ get suggestions & criticism.

This is the Melee DPS build I'm skilling towards for use in dungeons/raids.

Fun Fact: You can have Incapacitate and Lost Hope up at the same time i.e. remove two monsters from an encounter. Although lately AoEing everything seems to work just as well.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Darzan View Post
    Hopefully we can turn this into a good place to look for build advice/ get suggestions & criticism.

This is the Melee DPS build I'm skilling towards for use in dungeons/raids.

Fun Fact: You can have Incapacitate and Lost Hope up at the same time i.e. remove two monsters from an encounter. Although lately AoEing everything seems to work just as well.
    sac 3 points from poison mastery and go backstab and advanced flanking would make it great for instances/raids.

This is my "Don't Trifle with Me" aka RNR build. 51 Ranger/ 10 Nightblade/ 5 Riftstalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fuekskqz.V.V0x

Why 51 points in ranger? The 51 point ability Feral Aggression (100% pet crit chance) synergizes with Prey On the Weak (+15% damage). That's not bad although you have to take cud like Doubleshot. I mean who does anyone actually autoattack?

Nightblade 10 points are a must. 15% damage on combo builders and finishers. Also you get stealth which gives you a ranged sap, a RNG damage buff on weapons, and most important melee skills. Unfortunately kiting and staying at range of an opponent is not as easy as I would like. Too many classes get roots, snares, stuns, charges, intercepts, and ranged attacks that do decent damage. I just gave up and decided it was easier to melee them down. Low and behold it is.

Riftstalker 5 points for 15% attack damage. Bonus you get a planeshift which does help you stay at range or escape. You also get a +armor finisher and an endurance buff.
    Last edited by Despoiler; 02-28-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    "Meet me in the shadows and I'll show you the depths of darkness"

How's this?

Burn them down from a distance, finish it off up close. High dexterity, crit chance/damage, high hit chance/damage. Nothing fancy, but the stats should prove solid.
    Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

+ Reply to Thread