+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question regarding assasins...

Rift Disciple

Default Question regarding assasins...

I am a low level Assasin.

I know we have a very hard time doing damage, thats why I made a second role as a ranger...

I heard they at higher levels do way more damage (assasins),

but will it only be bleedy or also instant damage?

And are Assasins only best damage backstab? Just in case if theres a good enemy that knows he shouldnt put his back to the assasin, what are we going to do? Being screwed?

Rift Disciple

Bumped. 10 chars

Soulwalker

backstabbing requires keybinding and steering with the mouse. Unfortunately this does not work in pve. At the moment backstab doesn't seem to be doing the dammage it should for the positional requirement anyway.

Soulwalker

Default dont give up

Take Assassin with Nightblalde. Put 10 points into NB and get the Plus 15% to your combo point builders and finishers, it will help your damage a ton, moreso then the Ranger, plus well the whole pet thing dosent go with an assassin. And remeber Assassin will really shine in a group setting.
    Hope this helps and yes we do alot more damage at higher levels and it will be a combo dots and instant damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike JezZ View Post
    I am a low level Assasin.

I know we have a very hard time doing damage, thats why I made a second role as a ranger...

I heard they at higher levels do way more damage (assasins),

but will it only be bleedy or also instant damage?

And are Assasins only best damage backstab? Just in case if theres a good enemy that knows he shouldnt put his back to the assasin, what are we going to do? Being screwed?
    At lower levels Assassins are not that great but as you get closer to 30 and beyond it really starts to become impressive. Just don't try to man-o-man anything, mob or player - we excel at striking quick when least expected and disappearing before the others can react.

Rift Disciple

Without damage meters, it's impossible to tell how well my assassin is doing, but I love her @ lvl 30.

The teens were a major pain though. I think it's level 16 when you get your first stun & backstab, and it just gets easier from there. I wouldn't mind a bump to the damage backstab does, but I'm not sure that we need it. I don't use bleeds much except for boss fights, things just die too fast.

Get the 10% damage boost after critting . Get the 15% damage boost after your opener. Get the 50% increase to crit chance for your opener, and then you're set. If you don't get your opener off it's kind of rough, but you can manage.

Remember to use expose weakness before every fight (20 yd range, doesn't break stealth) and multiple times per boss / elite fight. You WILL consume all of the charges well before the fight is done if you are playing properly, and at it's base rank that's 100 extra damage. That's a lot for level 10!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    Take Assassin with Nightblalde. Put 10 points into NB and get the Plus 15% to your combo point builders and finishers, it will help your damage a ton, moreso then the Ranger, plus well the whole pet thing dosent go with an assassin. And remeber Assassin will really shine in a group setting.
    Hope this helps and yes we do alot more damage at higher levels and it will be a combo dots and instant damage.
    I second this. Nightblade secondary is awesome. Plus you can double sap(lost hope AND incapacitate) which is incredible in pve and pvp. 2 people guarding a node in codex? No problem, sap them both and cap it. Plus it gives you a ranged combo builder which is useful in lots of situations (hello, knockback).

Rift Disciple

I see. But Backstab will always be our maindamage spell (also at 50) ?

I can find it a little difficult getting behind target, when the player KNOWS you will go for their back.

Nightblade and Assassin complement eachother nicely. I get better proper dps out of my NB-heavy spec than I do out of the Assassin-heavy one, but with the lifetap poison, imp stealth, and control options I get better soloing out of the assassin.

Rift Disciple

So Assasin/Nightblade, and what?

And can you pls post a spec?
    Last edited by Mike JezZ; 02-28-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post
    I second this. Nightblade secondary is awesome. Plus you can double sap(lost hope AND incapacitate) which is incredible in pve and pvp. 2 people guarding a node in codex? No problem, sap them both and cap it. Plus it gives you a ranged combo builder which is useful in lots of situations (hello, knockback).
    You can not double-sap. Can only have 1 target incapacitated at a time. That said, it's still a good idea to take Nightblade as their 20 yeard range sap is far better way to do it than melee range for Assassin's sap.

Rift Disciple

Accoring to Zam, Weapon Flare (NB) does as much damage as Backstab (Assasin)...

Is that true?

Ah didnt see BS do give you a 50% AP bonus... So no matter what as melee you have to use BS?
    Last edited by Mike JezZ; 02-28-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike JezZ View Post
    Accoring to Zam, Weapon Flare (NB) does as much damage as Backstab (Assasin)...

Is that true?

Ah didnt see BS do give you a 50% AP bonus... So no matter what as melee you have to use BS?
    False. At max rank, Backstab base damage is 101-105, plus the AP bonus. Weapon Flare base damage is 68-71, no AP bonus, and builds no CP, though it is an AoE. They are not interchangeable skills.

Telaran

I am assassin and Bladedancer.. Do these 2 complement each other well and can you suggest which I should make my main soul? I don't really have any idea.
    Last edited by Moro27; 02-28-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Rift Disciple

So no matter what, Backstab is a must. Always. Spam BS?

I guess Assasin aint the best solo character then.
    Last edited by Mike JezZ; 02-28-2011 at 12:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread