+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Which melee rogue soul has the most DPS alone.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Which melee rogue soul has the most DPS alone.

    I am curious which melee rogue soul has the most DPS alone. Dont think about defence just think about the highest DPS.

    Assassin?
    Nightblade?
    Riftstalker?
    Blade Dancer?
    Bard?

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I'd say either Assassin or Nightblade. Although, I don't have much experience with Bladedancer in dungeons. Riftstalker is oriented around damage reduction and is mostly used as a tanking spec.

    Also, Bard isn't melee.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Nightblade, plus has ranged attack, win win.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bignbrown View Post
    Nightblade, plus has ranged attack, win win.
    definitely nightblade...refreshing dots, plus increased finisher damage = win.
    Melt - †Mage† -- Sunrest Defiant -- <Shadow Gypsies>
    Melt - †Rogue† --Seastone Guardian-- <Death Metal Kirby>

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    If going 51 pts and assuming the last 15 are optimized the order will ve nb sin bd rs for melee dps. However a nb sin split is probably more with bleeds and fire dmg.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Shatteredstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncool View Post
    I am curious which melee rogue soul has the most DPS alone. Dont think about defence just think about the highest DPS.

    Assassin?
    Nightblade?
    Riftstalker?
    Blade Dancer?
    Bard?
    The question is somewhat misleading. Highest DPS in what time period? What other factors. If we are saying burst and just a general target I'd say NB, especially popping from stealth and using Ebon Fury.

    Dark Malady, Dusk Strike, Twilight Force, Blazing Strike, Dusk, dusk twilight, blazing, dusk, dusk, twilight blazing. And now you have your 3 stack dot and some stacks of smoldering also. Not sure if that all will fit in the 15 seconds but if it does you probably just blew something the hell up =p

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    If more than one target is being DPS'd at a time I would definately say bladedancer.

    When I'm out solo'ing quests I pull 3-4 mobs at a time and destroy them. bladedancer + a riftstalker up to rift disturbance at least = lots and lots of consistant aoe damage.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander mpsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Highest DPS in what time period?
    Uh.. damage per second. I would assume the OP means which soul does the most damage per second.

  9. #9
    Telaran Athelfirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpsanchez View Post
    Uh.. damage per second. I would assume the OP means which soul does the most damage per second.
    You must be new here. While DPS is certainly an acronym for damage per second it is commonly known in MMO's that DPS manifests itself in two main ways - sustained DPS and burst DPS. Since the OP didn't specifically mention which he was interested in the question of "over what time frame?" is a logical and warranted one.

    tl;dr version: don't be dumb.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpsanchez View Post
    Uh.. damage per second. I would assume the OP means which soul does the most damage per second.
    It's a reasonable question, actually. Some classes can't sustain their DPS for long, particularly in certain MMOs. Like they might be able to do, say 2000 DPS for 1 minute, but then they drop off until all their cooldowns come back up. Others might peak at 1800 DPS, but be able to sustain that indefinitely.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's a reasonable question, actually. Some classes can't sustain their DPS for long, particularly in certain MMOs. Like they might be able to do, say 2000 DPS for 1 minute, but then they drop off until all their cooldowns come back up. Others might peak at 1800 DPS, but be able to sustain that indefinitely.
    True for some MMOs but not to Rift rogues. Since all 8 souls in the rogue calling have the same amount of energy to work with, the amount of DPS a rogue can pump out is a constant value that can be sustained no matter how long the fight is.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple mkultra55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    If we are saying burst and just a general target I'd say NB, especially popping from stealth and using Ebon Fury.
    Dark Malady is a better opener from stealth for a NB in terms of DPS. Ebon Fury would be used more for PVP control IMO.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Shatteredstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Dark Malady is a better opener from stealth for a NB in terms of DPS. Ebon Fury would be used more for PVP control IMO.
    You're mixing up abilities =p Ebon Fury is the no cooldown on Dusk strike or twilight force. Its your "Ok time to RIP FACE OFF cooldown"

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Shatteredstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescorla View Post
    True for some MMOs but not to Rift rogues. Since all 8 souls in the rogue calling have the same amount of energy to work with, the amount of DPS a rogue can pump out is a constant value that can be sustained no matter how long the fight is.
    Actually when considering who has what cooldowns and what abilities do what, dots, weapon enhancements and the like, a given rogue soul may do much less then another in a similar period of time. Yes you have a set energy reserve to work with BUT there are things like Ebon Fury where for 15 seconds it halves the energy cost of 2 abilities, and makes them have no cooldown, considering one of those abilities generates 2 combo points per hit in that spike period that soul can generate combo points and damage MUCH faster then a rogue soul that lacks a similar cooldown and/or ability.

    Also on the topic of weapon enhancements they change the average DPS output in comparison to a rogue soul that lacks these as they generate more damage independent of the actual energy or ability use, this is also true of abilities that passively add dots to targets or abilities that add dots in their own rights.

    These things mean time period is of GREAT importance as one soul might be able to burst HUGELY higher then another but another soul might have better sustained due to their abilities and other factors within the soul.

    Also we might ask if the rogue is under attack as well as some souls like Blade Dancer would gain DPS through use of defensive cooldowns (sidesteps) in conjunction with their attack back on dodge ability and Reprisal.

    I could probably sift through all the melee souls more for more examples but I think that is a fair set of points against your statement.
    Last edited by Shatteredstar; 02-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple mkultra55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    You're mixing up abilities =p Ebon Fury is the no cooldown on Dusk strike or twilight force. Its your "Ok time to RIP FACE OFF cooldown"
    My Bad....Read it as Ebon Terror.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts