+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best lvl spec after lvl30

Shadowlander

Default Best lvl spec after lvl30

Im a specced ranger/bard/mm, but now after lvl30 things are extremely slow and in rifts I can't seem to get gold participation even how hard i try.

So, what build are people using at higher lvls for PvE?

Bard participation scaling is broke. As a bard you get more gold time if you just spam motifs rather than actually helping with cadence. Ranger participation values also seem confusing, get more points if you spam quick shot and head shot rather than any sort of cast.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    Bard participation scaling is broke. As a bard you get more gold time if you just spam motifs rather than actually helping with cadence. Ranger participation values also seem confusing, get more points if you spam quick shot and head shot rather than any sort of cast.
    Alright, didn't know that. Thanks.

Nontheless, the lvling part of it are getting tedious at best.
    Any suggestions?

Telaran

As far as I know rift "Participation" is based on the number of abilities used in a period.

Spamming a motif every 1 second is the most possible abilities any class can use in a given period which is why it's broke. But consider alternatives.

"Damage Done" Healers and tanks get screwed
    "Healing Done" Damage and Tanks get screwed
    "Damage Taken" Damage and healers get screwed

A combination even would screw tanks because there may be as many as 20 tanks in a rift raid and only 1-2 are required.

Shadowlander

bump.

Still looking for a good pve spec

Soulwalker

Sab/Ranger/whatever for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepir View Post
    As far as I know rift "Participation" is based on the number of abilities used in a period.

Spamming a motif every 1 second is the most possible abilities any class can use in a given period which is why it's broke. But consider alternatives.

"Damage Done" Healers and tanks get screwed
    "Healing Done" Damage and Tanks get screwed
    "Damage Taken" Damage and healers get screwed

A combination even would screw tanks because there may be as many as 20 tanks in a rift raid and only 1-2 are required.
    ^ this. Any class, just spam your instants.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Coros View Post
    Sab/Ranger/whatever for leveling.
    I use a Saboteur/Nightblade/Ranger as my PvE build. I'm only L26 currently but in beta it servered me well past L30. In fact I can drop most mobs before they get to me. My pet remains on passive mode all the time and the only time I use him it if **** this the fan.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrol View Post
    ^ this. Any class, just spam your instants.
    Alternatively, the issue with this is you must meet rift events with overwhelming force to combat the dps/heal/tank loss of ability. Using purely instants in order to score more participation points does not guarantee a win over the rift event. Obviously there are two sides to the coin and both have their bugs/cons, call it what you what.

OT
    I've recently switch nightblade out for bard in my ranger build and now want to kick myself for not doing it sooner. Leveling is faster, safer and more enjoyable now. Though I do have another role for nightblade main with RS to rift scavenger more a change of pace and melee pleasure. The melee build moves faster than I thought it would.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Soulwalker

I'm using 10+ NB/ 13+ Riftstalker/ 31 Bladedancer and it levels like a beast. Rarely get hit, can rift scavenge back any health you do lose, and the added points every level past the minimum just make it so much better. Things like 15% crit after shifting, rift barrier, etc.

Any time you need to mow down a set of adds just make sure that you have False up, put up side step, load a target with five CP, and use Dancing Steel. Halfway through the channel you'll off the loaded target for a 1500+ heal.

Once you have enough NB for Malady, you can go from open to dead on the mob in a few seconds. If riftstalker didn't drop you through the world I'd use the 15% crit more often as well. Parsing, this easily maintains 300+ dps from the front of the mob solo, a number some struggle to reach in full dps specs in a five man hitting from behind.

You can also lazy-macro the spec like crazy:

cast Disengage
    cast Reprisal
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

Once you hit 44+ and have a lot of double cp actions, you are literally swimming in cp from all the BD generation. Also pretty much guarantees a near 30% heal if you don't use a weak finisher to drop a mob < 15%. I can put up a video of the spec in action if people want to see it, you basically don't ever stop to drink and do great damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintour View Post
    I'm using 10+ NB/ 13+ Riftstalker/ 31 Bladedancer and it levels like a beast. Rarely get hit, can rift scavenge back any health you do lose, and the added points every level past the minimum just make it so much better. Things like 15% crit after shifting, rift barrier, etc.

Once you hit 44+ and have a lot of double cp actions, you are literally swimming in cp from all the BD generation. Also pretty much guarantees a near 30% heal if you don't use a weak finisher to drop a mob < 15%. I can put up a video of the spec in action if people want to see it, you basically don't ever stop to drink and do great damage.
    I would love to see a video with some annotations for explanation, and the build
    1080p! quality! and mouse click for a bit to show what powers you are firing.
    If it's not too much to ask hee hee hee ^_^

/cast piercing shot
    /cast quick shot

Macro that and hit headshot at 4-5 combo points and win!

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Soulwalker

I'm using 10+ NB/ 13+ Riftstalker/ 31 Bladedancer and it levels like a beast.
    Link your build please
    Hey look I finally got one of these

Hey! I highly recommend this spec.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hARbtofodbo.Vh

I've leveled from 1 using this combo and its worked wonders. Sin is an awesome spec to level as due to all the control it has, not to mention the ridiculous single target burst it puts out while the target is stunned. The perma-stealth, too, is incredible. Throw in the CDs from Blade and the extra hit/dodge, and you become a monster. For the 3rd, I took ranger for the Swift Shot and Head shot, and luckily, some of the talents synergize really well. This build works great in PvP also(actually what I was building it around due to PvP server). Give it a try.

Rift Disciple

You can also lazy-macro the spec like crazy:

cast Disengage
    cast Reprisal
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

They changed macros somewhere around beta 6 so you can only do 1 cast per macro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast