+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: Best lvl spec after lvl30

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I use Sin/Rift/Dancer. Both Leeching poison and letting a combo target die make health not a problem.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VG0f0o.VV0V0c

  2. #17
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    This is the base, fully developed at 41, then it starts to get some good candy after that. You can run it from 33, though, and just build the nightblade tree out as the important ones are 13 RS 31 BD.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0h.EbdV0oMMMdz

    It looks a bit odd from what people think are the no-brainer spec grabs but this is why I skipped some of those, probably owing to gross over-analysis of log breakdowns.

    No blade finesse: 50% auto-attack damage sounds huge. Coming from a game like WoW, that would be insane. When I go back to 100+ fights against +/- 2 level "quest" mobs (I'm 46, so I've been questing a lot) and pull out my per-attack damage pie charts, I see that my fights last an average of 20 (+/- 5s) and auto-attack is LESS THAN TEN PERCENT OF THAT AMOUNT. This is not to say that you won't add it back by 50, but this build was about maximum output for questing while maintaining extreme survivability and buffing the highest damage things first.

    No Energy refunds: When you start getting so many cp that you can barely find the globals to spend them, you also aren't using energy much thanks to the discount for max CP.

    No deadly dance (CP Generator gain after deadly strike): Sounds counter-intuitive since CP builders are the #1 damage slice in the chart, right? Except that deadly strike is the least used finisher. With this spec you will be rolling False, Annihilate, and Dauntless for the big buffs they provide. You will actually rarely use deadly strike. I pretty much only do it if all three buffs are above 20s. This in turn lessened the return of the talent.

    For the follow-up, the candy I have taken so far:

    15% Crit after phase shifting: If you didn't fall through the world half the time with targeted blinks I'd pick up rift strike as well, but right now the time spent running back to the quest area after you blink through the floor is worse than not having this. When it does work, the mob just falls over.

    Rift Barrier: I used this for a while, but I spec'd back out of the phase-shift stuff due to the aforementioned bug.

    Rift Guard: I had it for a while but it seemed redundant. You really won't die with this spec as is, and rolling another buff is pretty annoying, especially given that the max duration is 30s. Without it, I can usually handle 3-4 adds (scavenging is so busted, especially for this spec where more than half the damage comes from non-finishers so blasting something and leaving 5 cp up is a reality), with it, it didn't change that number by much. It was more convenient to have rift barrier as it didn't require me to waste cp/global.

    Nightblade has a lot of options, you can take the passive damage from Melted Skin (5%), Fire and Death (with added flat damage%), etc. Personally, I went for Twilight -> Flame Thrust -> Improved Twilight (I'm on a pvp server so I wanted the ranged snare, for pure damage you'd go with the passives instead). The goal is getting to 14 so you have Dusk Strike for an additional double cp builder, as well as malady for some epic damage increase. When it was working, you could phase shift onto a mob with 15% crit, drop malady, and have it dead in <12. I was spiking to 500+ dps at those times, which is something people around 40 do to ae packs.

    You can obviously go back to BD and pick up anything you want, whether it's timer increases for rhythmic abilities or the energy refunds. The x/13/31 is what makes the spec from level 33, 41 for 10/13/31 is where it really shines, and after that it just starts getting silly.

    To answer a couple questions I've received (and because servers are going down again), I didn't use it to level to 30. I did ranger (like everyone should) to 16, did ROTF to 21 as a tank, did the next two dungeons as a tank, and then went out to quest around 30 and found I really didn't like the way pets worked in crowded areas.

    One of the biggest bonuses about this spec is the ludicrous amount of avoidance you'll have while maintaining extremely high damage output and giant heals when you kill something. Lots of the level 35+ areas have fortresses and forts where you simply cannot avoid getting 2-3 adds. I watch warriors and clerics die to being over-run, whereas I just pop evasion and really chew mobs up (more dodging = more cp = more damage). You'll never die to fighting a mob to low health and having a late add, as you'll heal for 40%+ (30% from 5pt kill and 30% of that extra from the RS talent). If you timer going in and put up 5 cp on a low hp mob, you can often blow up full stage 1 rifts and invasion parties with dancing.

  3. #18
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrix View Post
    They changed macros somewhere around beta 6 so you can only do 1 cast per macro.
    That's actually wrong. You cannot use two abilities in a macro that do not share a cooldown. Bladedancer is unique in that everything on that macro has a 10s cooldown or is a conditional except for Keen, so the macro does work.

    cast Disengage - Requires dodge, has cooldown which allows next to fire
    cast Reprisal - Requires parry/dodge, has cooldown which allows next to fire
    cast Twilight Force - Cooldown
    cast Dusk Strike - Cooldown
    cast Precision Strike - Cooldown and Requires Keen Strike
    cast Quick Strike - No cooldown but requires keen strike
    cast Keen Strike - I would not be able to add another non-cooldown non-conditional ability after this one

  4. #19
    Champion gel214th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sintour View Post
    This is the base, fully developed at 41, then it starts to get some good candy after that. You can run it from 33, though, and just build the nightblade tree out as the important ones are 13 RS 31 BD.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0h.EbdV0oMMMdz

    It looks a bit odd from what people think are the no-brainer spec grabs but this is why I skipped some of those, probably owing to gross over-analysis of log breakdowns.

    One of the biggest bonuses about this spec is the ludicrous amount of avoidance you'll have while maintaining extremely high damage output and giant heals when you kill something. Lots of the level 35+ areas have fortresses and forts where you simply cannot avoid getting 2-3 adds. I watch warriors and clerics die to being over-run, whereas I just pop evasion and really chew mobs up (more dodging = more cp = more damage). You'll never die to fighting a mob to low health and having a late add, as you'll heal for 40%+ (30% from 5pt kill and 30% of that extra from the RS talent). If you timer going in and put up 5 cp on a low hp mob, you can often blow up full stage 1 rifts and invasion parties with dancing.
    INteresting.

    So...what did you use to GET you to level 30? :-)

  5. #20
    Champion gel214th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Can't edit previous message...so I'll ask here.

    You mention that Side Steps (I assume that is the evasion you mention in your post?) is important for your strategy for dealing with Adds. That is on a 2 minute cooldown isn't it? What do you do in-between?

    My experience is that I am almost never facing just one mob. They spawn too quickly, and are too close together.

    I am currently running a Bard/Ranger mix , straightforward Bard build with Ranger using the pet as a damage shield basically.

  6. #21
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gel214th View Post
    Can't edit previous message...so I'll ask here.

    You mention that Side Steps (I assume that is the evasion you mention in your post?) is important for your strategy for dealing with Adds. That is on a 2 minute cooldown isn't it? What do you do in-between?

    My experience is that I am almost never facing just one mob. They spawn too quickly, and are too close together.

    I am currently running a Bard/Ranger mix , straightforward Bard build with Ranger using the pet as a damage shield basically.
    Well, when I say adds, I mean 4-6 mobs. You can kill 2-3 without using any cooldowns with this. Two you don't even bat an eye at, three you might want to tab and disarm one, but usually I just blow one up and use twin strike to build cp so that at least one other mob is dying. Four can get dicey without dropping a cooldown like Dancing or Side Step. At 10 NB you also have access to Weapon flare, good spammable cone AE. The trick to ae with this spec is to make sure you load up one target with 5 cp and having at least False up.

  7. #22
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Another thing I forgot to mention in candy is that as soon as you can push RS to 16 points (this is where I get the 15% crit on shift), you can take a permanent 15% damage increase in stalker phase.

  8. #23
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sintour View Post
    This is the base, fully developed at 41, then it starts to get some good candy after that. You can run it from 33, though, and just build the nightblade tree out as the important ones are 13 RS 31 BD.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0h.EbdV0oMMMdz

    It looks a bit odd from what people think are the no-brainer spec grabs but this is why I skipped some of those, probably owing to gross over-analysis of log breakdowns.
    Rift Scavenger heals you based on your max hp, Great Fortitude is a better choice than Boosted Recovery, since BR shouldn't effect RS at all.

  9. #24
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derphil View Post
    Rift Scavenger heals you based on your max hp, Great Fortitude is a better choice than Boosted Recovery, since BR shouldn't effect RS at all.
    Sintor's Rift Scavenger heals Sintor for 1571.

    4033/4033.

    30% is 1210

    30% of that heal (Boosted Recovery)

    363.

  10. #25
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sintour View Post
    This is the base, fully developed at 41, then it starts to get some good candy after that. You can run it from 33, though, and just build the nightblade tree out as the important ones are 13 RS 31 BD.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0h.EbdV0oMMMdz

    -snip-
    Just a question, how do you stay alive? I understand the rift scavenge thing but.. getting there is boggling me -- you seem to mention it being huge amounts of avoidance

    My rift/reaver is 44, has 6% parry from rift, 6% dodge from avatar of air, and -5% to hit (Which is effectively +5 of either) from warlord

    -- 17% avodance on top of the base numbers -- not including blocking

    and despite having a shield, 44% migitation AND the ability to block -- 4 mobs would drop me before I could kill them to get the heal. Of course I have soul devour which gives me an AoE heal over time so I can handle them.

    You have 5% from Quick reflexes, 5% from false blade and 6% parry from improved false blade.. and that's it.

    Comes out to 16% -- which is actually a full % less than the reaver; on top of not having a shield -and- being in leather, so not having as much migitation

    Even with the increased dps, I don't see how you aren't getting dropped like a hurricane before you have a time to even kill one mob for the rift scavenge

    I mean sidesteps does seem to make sense, but.. that's once every 45 seconds, and I can't imagine you are taking a full 45 seocnd break between pull.

    So..care to enlighten me? Genuinely curious, blade dancer has always been one of my favorite souls fluff-wise, tried it in beta and the entire tree jsut seemed :lacking:, seeing now that it's just because the tree is extremely reliant on it's own internal synergy, each individual thing isn't spectacular on it's own, but combine them and it's a force of nature.

  11. #26
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I like the Riftstalker at least to 13 points cause of the self heal = no down times.

    But for my sabo-spec i would like to get rid of the stalker - does anyone knows another 2 soul that could provide a selg heal quite far down in the tree?

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubin View Post
    Just a question, how do you stay alive? I understand the rift scavenge thing but.. getting there is boggling me -- you seem to mention it being huge amounts of avoidance

    My rift/reaver is 44, has 6% parry from rift, 6% dodge from avatar of air, and -5% to hit (Which is effectively +5 of either) from warlord

    -- 17% avodance on top of the base numbers -- not including blocking

    and despite having a shield, 44% migitation AND the ability to block -- 4 mobs would drop me before I could kill them to get the heal. Of course I have soul devour which gives me an AoE heal over time so I can handle them.

    You have 5% from Quick reflexes, 5% from false blade and 6% parry from improved false blade.. and that's it.

    Comes out to 16% -- which is actually a full % less than the reaver; on top of not having a shield -and- being in leather, so not having as much migitation

    Even with the increased dps, I don't see how you aren't getting dropped like a hurricane before you have a time to even kill one mob for the rift scavenge

    I mean sidesteps does seem to make sense, but.. that's once every 45 seconds, and I can't imagine you are taking a full 45 seocnd break between pull.

    So..care to enlighten me? Genuinely curious, blade dancer has always been one of my favorite souls fluff-wise, tried it in beta and the entire tree jsut seemed :lacking:, seeing now that it's just because the tree is extremely reliant on it's own internal synergy, each individual thing isn't spectacular on it's own, but combine them and it's a force of nature.
    It could literally just be the increased DPS, though I did mention at 4 or more I'm likely to burn a cooldown. Usually if I'm fighting 4+ it's one of two scenarios: Intended (rushing a rift/invasion) - I'll have evasion up and go in with Dancing Blades. Unintended - Bad link off a pull, respawn, etc. This typically means that I've opened on a mob, so I'll get a max dps dump into it, put 5 cp on it, then ae the rest of the pack, eat that mob on the kill, and then work my way around. I have all my off-global attacks macro'd to any attack I'm using, so the reactive stun is going out quite often and I will disarm melee mobs/silence casters.

    Also keep in mind the more mobs that make me dodge, the more I'll have the double cp buff up as it has no ICD. It's uncommon while tanking multiple mobs to hit the macro and get 4 cp, that's an immediate 900+ damage spike and pretty much guarantees I can lifesteal at max cp even if the mob is already low.

  13. #28
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Have to edit within a minute so I can't just add to that post, but what's your average kill time? I'm doing 47's as a 46 right now and on singles it's 10-14s:

    Time: 00:10 Raid DPS:358 Sintor :358 | Raid HPS: 0
    Time: 00:15 Raid DPS:240 Sintor :240 | Raid HPS: 22 Sintor :22 (Caster that wouldn't trigger defensives)
    Time: 00:12 Raid DPS:298 Sintor :298 | Raid HPS: 0

    Etc.

  14. #29
    RIFT Guide Writer Darkrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Ya I agree on what Sintour has said have been putting a Bladedancer leveling guide together and has alot on the same things. I would love to edit it, a few things I want to change such as getting enough points for stalkerphase. Still it's pretty good has very low down time in my sig below.

    Darkrose's Bladedancer leveling guide


  15. #30
    Telaran styrfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Ranger/Sab

    Get enough in Ranger for the Greater Razorbeast pet then pump the rest into Sab, maximize your damage output and things die in 2 detonates. Only downside is zero self healing so make sure you bring a stack of food.

    Using divert rage/incriminate at the beginning of a pull with 5x blast charge and you have put a lot of threat on your pet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts