+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassins in PVP?

Rift Disciple

Default Assassins in PVP?

Hey there guys...How are assassins in PvP, i really like playing stealthy in PVP but ive heard alot of people say that in PVP they are way to squishy and dont do enough damage, is this true or do you really just have to get good at em?

Plane Walker

Ask the people in Sagespire

Rift Disciple

Lol whats sagespire : /

They only shine at high lvls. The dmg without decent crit gear is just waaaay to low to compete againts those uber amounts of healing, healers get in their early lvls. Did some 19 and 29 pvp and it takes you a good amount of time (15-30 sec) to drop your enemys health bar, just to see them full heal with a single insta heal. Totally nothing to enjoy till the mid 40s.

Rift Disciple

Alright...but at high level are they plenty viable, i dont mind having to wait till high 40s or even till 50 but i just dont want to get to 50 and realise they still suck lol

Like was said above, they seem to do well in the higher levels. Unlike some other classes, they really need some of their upper tier abilities. I'd give it a chance, but be warned, the early levels can be rough, especially Black Garden.

Rift Disciple

Yea ill probably only pvp enough in lower levels to get the PVP soul then wait till later.

Soulwalker

Assasins are good in pvp. Yes they struggle at lower lvl's. Healers get easier as soon as u get your non stealth stun so u can keep em stunned untill death. For the rest there is nothing u cannot take down except if an ability fails. And if your are smart and u have the correct souls if it may happen that the person is not death u will be able to escape if things go bad.

Default This is my PVP spec i wanna try...

I think this Spec would work wonders in PVP...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Limb View Post
    Assasins are good in pvp. Yes they struggle at lower lvl's. Healers get easier as soon as u get your non stealth stun so u can keep em stunned untill death. For the rest there is nothing u cannot take down except if an ability fails. And if your are smart and u have the correct souls if it may happen that the person is not death u will be able to escape if things go bad.
    I doupt we will be able to kill anything in a 6 sec stun rotation due to diminishing returns.

i was dueling with my warrior tank frind to see how much damage we can dish out unharmed and found out that this works the best:

Expose weakness>Jagged strike>puncture>Impale>Slip away

From this point i was just refreshing expose weakness while beeing stealthed.
    As a tank with around 4k hp he died from beleeds alone unless he specced reaver for the damage reduction at low health talent.Since that works on a tank i guess it will work on any non healer.

If you want to do more harm after slip away go Paralysing strike>2xBackstab>FOul play>Final blow

My build at 34 lvl
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x..GhRbtofodbR

It should work on most cases on 1vs1 but dont expect to do much if the other dude has 50 healers in a warfron.
    Never tried it on a 1vs1 against a healer.

Soulwalker

At lower levels Assa is the weaker soul because we do not have the crit needed yet.
    At higher level we shine

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by peponas View Post
    I doupt we will be able to kill anything in a 6 sec stun rotation due to diminishing returns.

i was dueling with my warrior tank frind to see how much damage we can dish out unharmed and found out that this works the best:

Expose weakness>Jagged strike>puncture>Impale>Slip away

Never tried it on a 1vs1 against a healer.
    This is pretty much what I do vs healers atm. I then foul play and use the 4 sec stun for extra damage while the DoTs are ticking. At this point you can then slip away and re apply if needed. Also blinding flash is a nice interrupt for the heal induction.

Rift Disciple

Awsome thanks a ton guys... im actually looking forward to higher level Assassin pvp then :P

im playing sin/bladedancer atm (lvl32)
    its good to have a 50% dodge buff, sprint and interrupt (soon).
    dont you think its better than just an increased damage from our abilities (from nightblade)?

Soulwalker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast