+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sab/riftstalker/assassin

Rift Chaser

Default sab/riftstalker/assassin

My main is a saboteur and I'm toying with the idea of using riftstalker as a 2nd soul to increase my survivability in pve rifts/instances/elites.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cx0z0z.0VMfh0b

any comments?
    Last edited by bantapoo; 02-28-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Im using the same setup, except for my focus being on Assassin, and it works out pretty darn well in the warfronts, I take down mages/healers/other rouges in a couple of seconds, and with some decent healing I'm being a real pain in the *** to warriors too.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MARftsbqdbR.Vo

Rift Disciple

My main is a Rift, then Sin/sab and its is an incredibly fun class. The only disappointment so far, under lvl 20 is the lack of burst damage in PvP. I cannot take down a healer by myself but I can keep them out of the action.

Warfront is hella fun zapping around causing chaos and keeping the healers tied up. Or zapping in to take out the flag carrier.

This is me right now:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MpMT.qczhuoz.0V0z
    Last edited by Saldrin; 02-28-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Rift Chaser

it seems to me 18 points in riftstalker as a 2nd soul allow you to get the best bang of your bucks for this class:
    guardian stance + improved guard.
    Going to 26 points to get improved guardian stance doesn't seem beneficial, seeing the poor interest of the tree perks past improved guard. They should work on that 18-26 points braket to add more incentive for ppl that want to use riftstalker as a sub class.
    With at least 30 points in saboteur, 18 in riftstalker, that leaves 18 points or less to spend in 3rd soul.
    the choice of assasin as 3rd soul is debatable. with only 18 points you can't get poison potency nor perma stealth.
    for saboteur though, 18 points in assassin means:
    -magnify pain (+20% crit damage)
    - crit +5%
    - physical dmg +4%, +10% when crit for 10 sec
    - +30% stealth + 30% stealth speed.
    question: can you get anything better out of 18 points among all rogue classes, for a saboteur?
    Last edited by bantapoo; 02-28-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Rift Chaser

I ran IT at lvl 25 with a party of lvl 20 ppl yesterday, and I tried a 22 sab/11 riftstalker build.
    I tanked solo on one of the lvl 20 elite (the tall dog headed mob) and it wasn't enough to survive with rift guard. I died with like the mob at 30% health left.
    Rift guard ain't enough it seems, I'm gonna try later when I get guardian stance.

+ Reply to Thread