+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Assassin's having Stamina problems?

Question Any Assassin's having Stamina problems?

I've noticed after getting past level 20 that I can not go through two cycles of finishers without being out of stamina, and I'm taking lots of idle time between skills. All base skills take 40s, stealth 50s, and a non combo point skills at 20s. And most daggers have a long auto-attack time.

I find myself doing a lot of nothing just waiting on the stamina to get over 40 - Am I alone here? Granted I'm not spamming the keys, I have a basic 3 hit routine, but I find it being cut short quite a lot due to the gage taking its sweet time, especially in a clutch. It doesn't feel like the speed limits they implemented are compensated by damage.

I tested the difference on my alt warlock, and I found that I'm able to cycle the same amount of skills 3-4 times with out being in danger of lack of mana. I don't know if its a lag problem, a fluidity problem or just a throttling gage control problem.

Anyone?
    "It's sad something so well written was wasted on a forum post..." - Gilmador

Soulwalker

Until level 30 for PVE I had ranger together with main SIN.

This is so sweet cause you just run to a target and expose weakness, the pet then charges the target and gets aggro, you run and up do your thing and you can just nuke backstabs instead of savage strikes (which is nice).
    Get 5 points in ranger tree for the 5% crit, this also unlocks the pet heal ability.

Stopped using this tactic after level 30 as my pet became to crap and didnt want to spend 24 points in ranger which would be a complete waste.

Now I got 12 points in bard for self heal and speed buff together with my SIN, and 0 downtime at lvl 40 grinding.

Telaran

I'm finding the same issue and can only conclude from my perspective that doing the 2-main attacks over and over again to stack skulls for the finisher is very inefficient and out of stamina (like you said) after 2 rounds of the finisher. However, being a burst class it does seem that using the skills that apply more than one skull make it much easier to get those finishers off more frequently. I'm in no place to make an opinion though until reaching last level because every class in every mmo has problems while levelling.

Xsi

That's actually pretty standard for all rogues to be out of energy after continuous spam, 5 combo points/finisher, 5 combo points/finisher unless you are a cadence spammer.

As a Sin you need to apply your bleeds/poison procs to finish up unless you get a couple of crits. Mitigation of mobs (armor and/or health) seems to increase exponentially compared to weapon damage the higher level you go.
    Last edited by Xsi; 02-28-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Soulwalker

Once you get 30 points into Assassin though, your opener should proc 3 then add a Punc for two more and whatever finisher you wish... I tend to hit for Baneful if I am going to be grinding out a quest for 60s of mobs (4 maybe 5). If not, then FB all the way.

As for running out of the purple stuff... yeah, its way more of an issue post 20. Just have to be a little more mindful.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Refried View Post
    I've noticed after getting past level 20 that I can not go through two cycles of finishers without being out of stamina, and I'm taking lots of idle time between skills. All base skills take 40s, stealth 50s, and a non combo point skills at 20s. And most daggers have a long auto-attack time.

I find myself doing a lot of nothing just waiting on the stamina to get over 40 - Am I alone here? Granted I'm not spamming the keys, I have a basic 3 hit routine, but I find it being cut short quite a lot due to the gage taking its sweet time, especially in a clutch. It doesn't feel like the speed limits they implemented are compensated by damage.

I tested the difference on my alt warlock, and I found that I'm able to cycle the same amount of skills 3-4 times with out being in danger of lack of mana. I don't know if its a lag problem, a fluidity problem or just a throttling gage control problem.

Anyone?
    You seem to imply that this is a problem? I feel that this is exactly how the rogue's resource system is supposed to work.
    Fast out, fast in (as opposed to mana, slow out, slow in)
    Rogues also have a very short global cooldown, so they can use a lot of abilities in a very short window of time, seems fitting that they can't keep that pace up for an extended amount of time.

The stamina indirectly gives all your skills a small cooldown, if you wanna look at it that way.

You compare it to a warlock. A warlock have a lot less base damage (all their damage comes from spell use) and they use a different resource system, so it's not comparable in my opinion.
    I try to avoid any kind of suggestion that promotes a more generic playstyle between the classes, I do not want a rogue and a warlock to use the same kind of rotations and follow the same rules or resource system.

+ Reply to Thread