+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riftstalker: Ruthless Stalker breakes stealth?

Soulwalker

Default Riftstalker: Ruthless Stalker breakes stealth?

Hello

I chose a Assasine / Riftstalker build and was looking forward to the whole planeshifting thing.
    But as i did get deeper into the trees, i found that the "ruthless stalker" buff breaks my stealth. So when i either use shadow shift or shadow stalk i pop right out of stealth. This highly decreases the use of ruthless stalker. I already respecced, the problem is definitly the buff, but don't getting the +crit pretty annoys me.

Can anyone confirm this?
    And does anyone remember if this was different in beta and if it has been announced in the patchnotes?
    I couldn't find any documented changes, so i hope it's a bug.

Shadowlander

Only phase shifts that deal damage will break stealth. I have not noticed any stealth drops while shifting with non damage shifts while talented into ruthless.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzlin View Post
    Only phase shifts that deal damage will break stealth. I have not noticed any stealth drops while shifting with non damage shifts while talented into ruthless.
    That's how i was expecting it should work. I don't have shadow assault yet, so there are no damage dealing abilities involved. However my stealth still breaks. Did you test this with the actual version?
    From what i heard in beta 7 ruthless stalker did not break stealth, just like you're saying.

Could it be that i get unstealthed beacause i get to close to an enemy when i'm using shadow stalk? Wouldn't make much sense either.

There is no way to find what exactlly broke my stealth in the combat log, is there?

Thanks for your response.

Shadowlander

In both beta and the live client I've had no problems. It's possible your getting unstealthed by aoe or an enemy seeing you. I always use elusiveness every CD to help with stealth detection. I've popped a lot of rogues out of stealth by using it as often as possible.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzlin View Post
    In both beta and the live client I've had no problems. It's possible your getting unstealthed by aoe or an enemy seeing you. I always use elusiveness every CD to help with stealth detection. I've popped a lot of rogues out of stealth by using it as often as possible.
    If i remember right i even tried using shadow stalk on a npc in sanctum. Guess i have to try again later today. Thanks for keeping my hopes up.

No, this is happening to me aswell. I have tried many different ways to get around it. I think it is a bug, the buff is breaking stealth for some reason. I even tried it many times in open spaces, with no mobs around.
    t(-_-t)

Soulwalker

Sorry to keep doing this, but . . .

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eaking-stealth
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Shift-Stealth
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...umented-change
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...plane-shifting

Pick the one with the most posts. If we can keep this in one place maybe we have a better chance at getting this noticed. If the devs read the forums, that is. Not sure whether they do. I'm holding off on leveling my rogue until we find out whether this is intended, and if not, whether it'll be fixed reasonably soon.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Istaro View Post
    Sorry to keep doing this, but . . .

Pick the one with the most posts. If we can keep this in one place maybe we have a better chance at getting this noticed. If the devs read the forums, that is. Not sure whether they do. I'm holding off on leveling my rogue until we find out whether this is intended, and if not, whether it'll be fixed reasonably soon.
    Shame on me. I completly forgot the searchfunction here. In the german forum however this whole thing doesn't seems to be an issue.

At least now i know i wasn't wrong about my observation. Hope they fix this soon.

Telaran

I tried Rift/Assassin/Saboteur during all Betas and shifting doesn't cause stealth to fade. Now I'm rift/blade since lauch.
    Shifts cause you to be teleported TOO close to victim and usually he could spot you.
    On mobs my solution was to shift/stun before assassinate.
    On PvP it was not a great issue BUT sometimes shifts bring you "INSIDE" the target instead of back of him and you have to step backward before assassinate.
    Another problem could be the autoattack if it hit before you can assassinate you'll be aout of shadows!!
    I'll test this evening.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    I tried Rift/Assassin/Saboteur during all Betas and shifting doesn't cause stealth to fade.
    It didn't in beta, but in live, it does if you have one or more of the "for x seconds after Plane Shifting" talents.

To verify, use a build like this (the bare minimum needed to see this bug in action), and then far away from any mobs, try hitting Stealth followed by Shadow Shift.

Not an issue of being close to anyone or autoattacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaro View Post
    It didn't in beta, but in live, it does if you have one or more of the "for x seconds after Plane Shifting" talents.

To verify, use a build like this (the bare minimum needed to see this bug in action), and then far away from any mobs, try hitting Stealth followed by Shadow Shift.

Not an issue of being close to anyone or autoattacking.
    I confirm it. This has to be a bug. Too bad MMO's don't have bug tracker
    Stunning
    Guild Member of Sanctuary
    Rift - Blightweald EU

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    I tried Rift/Assassin/Saboteur during all Betas and shifting doesn't cause stealth to fade. Now I'm rift/blade since lauch.
    Shifts cause you to be teleported TOO close to victim and usually he could spot you.
    On mobs my solution was to shift/stun before assassinate.
    On PvP it was not a great issue BUT sometimes shifts bring you "INSIDE" the target instead of back of him and you have to step backward before assassinate.
    Another problem could be the autoattack if it hit before you can assassinate you'll be aout of shadows!!
    I'll test this evening.
    And as I mentioned before i even tried shadow stalk behind a friendly npc and got unstealthed when getting the ruthless stalker buff.

Shadowlander

Very odd, I messed around with it last night with mobs and without again with no issues. I'm at a loss but since it seems many are having problems ill report it anyways.

Respec'd to rs/sin/nb today and noticed this as well. It's definitely Ruthless Stalker that's breaking stealth. Hopefully this is fixed soon, really gimps the build not being able to use this talent.

Soulwalker

i dont even have ruthless stalker and im getting kicked out of stealth with i phase shift, it didnt happen until i picked up rift barrier, maybe buffs in general are kicking us out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast