+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best sab spec?

Wink Best sab spec?

What do you think is the best sab spec and why? Im about to try it out and I was looking for some good info other than qq threads.
    Please and thanks!

Plane Touched

PVE = Mainly sabo, get motif of regen from bard, 4 points in ranger for pet heal
    PVP= Mainly sabo, few points in bard for crit motif and endurance buff, leftovers in riftstalker so you can phase around, get increased heals and absorb shield (PvP soul for rogues sucks *** until u get prestige)

Soulwalker

I'm trying to figure out a good sab PvE spec without hunter, but it's proving hard to do... what with you being so squishy and oh so tasty.

yeah same here... Im also curious as to what exactly our rotation is/will be. Ive been hearing a bit about just blast charge spam for warfronts but idk...

Shadowlander

blade dancer can be pretty good if they auto attack damage aplies to ranged, the dexterity would help, the energy back on finishers helps

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ooz.VV0V0s.Vhx

pve of course

about rotations, i think that it just involves switch between spike and blast charges, throwing in annih/time/frag bombs on cd
    Last edited by Wynta; 02-28-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Plane Touched

You NEED the ranger pet and 4 points in it for the heals to do good in PVE also motif of regenration from bard as a constant HoT so you dont need to use pots or drinks all the time.... adhesive bomb and landmines at higher levels makes you able to take a solo mob before it can reach you

Razorpet tank pet thingie is max level 30 but it still proves a bit useful at even 38 especially if you get a extra add. It cant take the aggro from the mob you are dpsing though

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cynh View Post
    yeah same here... Im also curious as to what exactly our rotation is/will be. Ive been hearing a bit about just blast charge spam for warfronts but idk...
    For max burst damage apply 1 of each charge actually (provided you have the 2 effect per charge perk).... if they are crowded you do sharpnel charges.

the best sab spec especially is for PVP is

bind charge to 1 and detonate to 2, turn on a tv press

and you will be the best Sab ever.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    the best sab spec especially is for PVP is

bind charge to 1 and detonate to 2, turn on a tv press

and you will be the best Sab ever.
    Sure if you wanna be a total noob sab. Only seen 1 sab ever come close to me in wfs concerning damage and killing blows.

You gotta use carpet bombing, stun bombs, adhesive bomb, mines, traps and know how to mix the charges for maximum dps no one seems to know how to do that lol.

1 perk makes 1 charge count as two and max effect of charges is 5 so if u throw on 5 identical charges you lose 5 charge effects

Soulwalker

Been playing around with sab a bit, one of the harder souls to PvE with from the mid 30's on. Ranger is a must have till mid 30's however when the pet stops leveling, I don't know what to tell you.

For PvP Sabo/Nightstalker/Ranger is what I've been using, put the pet on a caster while you set up burst/crowd control. Rarely does a tv sabo (111112) ever break top 3 in dmg. It's unfortunate someone created a video on how not to play your class. Warrior/Cleric/Rogue regardless of what souls you are using will primarily use 3 hot keys, why it's so amusing for a sab to do it i dont quite follow. Is 1 2 1 2 1 3 that much different? Blame dull game mechanics if anything.

I encourage you to go watch the 111112 youtube video again after reading this, watch his team carry him while he gets killing blows on people at 1/4 life. Does getting the last hit on someone make that big of a difference, really? Everyone in the video has over 4k life, hes not breaking 2k detonations (pretty sure its more like 1400) every six seconds as energy permits. From someone who isnt even using their CC abilities I would like a different player to fill his slot if he were on my team. I came across a warrior spec last night that was consistantly popping me for 1150, I was stacking charges, snaring, everything I could to drop him and failing.

If the sabo video was showing him dropping people while being focused, or even getting hit at all, I would see where all the nerf QQ's are coming from. The truth is, we do burst damage... we lack major survivability and we have some crowd control. If you think we're imbalanced, go play one past 20. Bet you'll be back on your warrior before you see 30.

Telaran

I don't know what the heck you guys are doing but soloing with Sabs after mid-30s is EASIER than before 35. A mob will literally not reach you before it's dead, if you know what you're doing. You can plant 5 different charges without aggroing, then time bomb (which you don't really even need) then annihilation bomb + detonate. At level 40, on a same level mob, that alone will drop them to 25% health left. Plus they will be stunned because of annihilation bomb, so plant one more blast charge + detonate = dead mob without coming close to touching you. If you have 3-4 mobs to deal with, do the same thing (except only use 3 blast + 2 spike) but lay down land mines beforehand and put the snare bomb down just before you detonate. 2-3 mobs will be dead by the time they get through the snare and land mines takes care of the rest. If things get hairy you can always carpet bombing + annihilation bomb x 3 to stun everything while you throw down another snare bomb + land mines. Not to mention, you can incapacitate one at the start if needed as well.

I leveled sab/nightblade/assassin to 40 and solo'd the whole way with zero problems, zero downtime and no pet. 99.9% of the time the mob never hits you if it's just 1 mob. In beta i leveled as marks/ranger and Sabs are WAY faster because of how fast they kill.

You can take bard instead of assassin but it's totally unnecessary.

I'm levelling a Rogue and my main is cleric. I've tried Sab because mechanic was a little different class but i have to say is far from the OP people talk about. Ok det+ charges do burst damage, but you do no damage for the whole time you are attaching charges.
    I started as Rang/Sab/Bard and now im going Rang/Bard/NB. For survavibility it is on a complete diffent planet, i can take even 5 mobs speread on me and the pet withouth firing any survavibility cooldown.

Damage is lower than going full Sab i guess but levelling i care more to solo survavibility through those "oh crap!" moments.

For those who cry for nerfs for Sab and their burst dmg (det + charge blast) i have to say that the the burst damage is "burst after some seconds the sab is firing yellow balls on you". If you cannot see that is your problem, run away, a Sab won't detonate less than 5 charges. Also armour, dogde, shields and valor help.
    I cannot why people cry so much, is like an ability on a cooldown, and you can see it is building up. A rogue striking from stealth and doing a stunlock rotation can do more damage in less time and you cannot see it before it happens.

In the end i've found Sab can do a lot of damage if you can apply all your charges undisturbed, but it has little survavibility, so if you care to live the dmg output suffers a lot. I think what it might excel in is mass debuffing through bombs, but it takes a lot of points in the tree i still couldn't spend.
    Last edited by Neuronicercasi; 02-28-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Mage 50 (fresh/parked) / Warrior 50 (beginning T1/parked) / Rogue 50 (beginning T1/active) / Cleric 50 (fresh/parked)

Rift Chaser

for pve, i'm toying with the idea of 31 sab/18 riftstalker/17 sin. see my other thread for the build.
    rift guard to spend the 5 cps after A bomb is imho better than detonate.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wanders View Post
    If the sabo video was showing him dropping people while being focused, or even getting hit at all, I would see where all the nerf QQ's are coming from. The truth is, we do burst damage... we lack major survivability and we have some crowd control. If you think we're imbalanced, go play one past 20. Bet you'll be back on your warrior before you see 30.
    Why, because charge boost doubles their damage at 26?

111112 is totally reasonable dps, possibly low overall, but the class has tons of CC to make up for it. 12345 - 6 after using a stun charge or annihilation bomb is whats blatantly unreasonable. Charge boost currently makes each unique charge type do +1 charges worth on top of it, so its the equivalent of 10 charges and a detonate.

When sabs just use one kind of charge and detonate, their CC is annoying and they get kills, people complain, but their damage isn't unreasonably high. When they use charge boost... the sab is 50% higher than the next person in damage, and has something like 7-15 killing blows, since they don't have to help or be-helped-by focusing. And people say it gets even more ridiculous as you get higher..

Oh and armor doesn't do much, since half the damage is earth, lets just get that out of the way before someone brings that up.

Yeah, sabs get a lot of unwarranted hate overall, but they need fixing. Its the people who don't know how to use charge boost that think they're totally fine. Mind you charge boost is a 1 point talent that adds more damage than every other damage talent in the entire tree combined.

Telaran

There is a HUGE difference between survivability and efficiency. While Ranger/Marks/Bard or Ranger/NB/Bard certainly has more survivability than Sab/NB/x, it's not remotely close in terms of speed/efficiency of leveling - Sab is WAY faster. Yes with the level 24 Ranger pet you can take on 4-5 mobs at a time with little chance of dying but who cares? The consequences for dying are comical and a Sab will kill those 5 mobs much faster, even if he might die once in a blue moon. And frankly, a Rift/x/x will have even more survivability, so if that's your thing, switch to one of those specs.

PvE is a joke, so trying to create a spec that will "survive" more rather than level more efficiently is silly.

+ Reply to Thread