+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard/Ranger/Riftwalker... some thoughts?

Rift Chaser

Default Bard/Ranger/Riftwalker... some thoughts?

So I made my first character last night and ended up choosing Bard/Riftwalker/Ranger for my souls. I was mostly choosing based on suggested roles, though I did know the basics (RW is a "tanky" soul and Ranger is a Pet soul).

I mostly want to play a Bard. I love being a buffer/debuffer/off-healer in MMOs. And as such, it's been my experience that ranged weapons tend to be more synergistic with that type of role. Hence the reason I chose Ranger (and the pet helps with solo). And the added defense of Riftwalker seemed cool.

However, it seems the majority of RW skills can only be performed with a Melee weapon.

So I guess my question is: If I want to primarily be a Bard, are my current soul choices good for what I'm looking for, or should I consider other combinations?

For example, I've heard Bard/Ranger/MM is good, Bard/RW/Nightblade is good... What are your opinions?

Disclaimer: I know I might get some "play what you want" responses, but I'm looking for suggestions on what combos have the best synergy... I'm aware that nearly anything is viable.
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -
    William G. McAdoo

Rift Chaser

Bump

No comments? T_T
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -
    William G. McAdoo

Koe

Bard/Riftstalker/Nightblade

Riftstalker for Attack Power(better heals), damage reduction, planar shifts, and increased healing received.

Nightblade for +15% damage on combo point generators/finishers(better healing).

I'm in the same boat. I've found that the Bard / Ranger combo is the bee's knees, but I'm still hung on that last soul. I'm not in love with the bow, but the pet keeping the mob off me while I sing him to death (a RL skill I have as well according to my wife) works great. In fact I rarely pull out the bow, but I'm sure I'm missing some DoT skills in there I should be making use of.

All that being said, what's a good 3rd soul for this combo? As I mentioned I'm getting plenty of what I need out of the bard line, so I'd imagine this would be more for the passive gains that anything. Thoughts, suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread