+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapons for assassin

Telaran

Default Weapons for assassin

Just wondering what would be the best weapons for my assassin?
    "PVP. It's a spiritual thing"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Airian View Post
    Just wondering what would be the best weapons for my assassin?
    the ones that do the most damage per second (dps) that also give you the best stat modifiers
    Last edited by Durak; 02-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Rift Disciple

For abilities that calculate weapon damage you want the highest damage possible - DPS doesn't matter with them. The highest DPS weapon is only really useful for auto attacks. Its not that auto-attacks aren't important at all, they just aren't as important as your backstab and other abilities.

Soulwalker

fast daggers for quick application of poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by malicious View Post
    fast daggers for quick application of poisons.
    It's not so simple. In a recent patch they added in internal c/d for weapon enchantments and poisons. Now, I haven't done any testing yet but if it works like internal c/d on Windfury in WoW, then the best choice for SIN might be two slow hard-hitting weapons.

Like I said, need to test on a target dummy with a parser.
    Last edited by Sehnsucht; 02-28-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Sehnsucht is almost impossible to translate adequately and describes a deep emotional state.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zonzai View Post
    For abilities that calculate weapon damage you want the highest damage possible - DPS doesn't matter with them. The highest DPS weapon is only really useful for auto attacks. Its not that auto-attacks aren't important at all, they just aren't as important as your backstab and other abilities.
    This would be true, except for the fact that weapon normalization means that two weapons of identical DPS and identical stats will do identical amounts of damage regardless of their weapon speed. It's pretty trivial to test this and see for yourself.

That's sort of dissapointing to hear. The ideal weapon for an Assassin might not be the weapons that are ideal for an Assassin.
    "It's sad something so well written was wasted on a forum post..." - Gilmador

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by zonzai View Post
    Thats totaly wrong as stated above.THe only thing that matters is the weapon dps as of beta 7.Weapon damage only counts in white hits(normal attacks and they suck big time cause they get no bonus from atack power)

Also about the faster poison ticks i am no so sure since they added a internal cd.I have no clue though what the cd is.

But as far as daggers go apart from an axe i used as an offhand up untill lvl 20 all the rest up till lvl 35 were dagers.You can get at 19 lvl the dagger from quicksilver college quartermaster then at 25(i think) the daggers from gloamwood quartermaster.these should last untill you get the dagger from cascade.
    I was lucky getting a dagger from a puzzle at lvl 30 so you might try that out as well.

All in all its easier to find daggers in this game than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread