+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard, struggline to score participation points in Rifts

Plane Walker

Default Bard, struggline to score participation points in Rifts

I'm level 25 and I rarely ever can get into the gold level participation in Rifts. Ive tried every attack combo and I just cant build and maintain the points before most mobs die. I've tried doing cadence x2 then a Coda of Wrath (or Coda of Fury is there are multiple mobs), followed by 4 motifs. I've tried to just spam cadence. No matter what I do, I cant get into the gold level for participation. I'm currently Bard/Riftstalker/Nightblade, with most points into Bard (and 5 in each Rift and Night). I've got a good latency (~100) and good frame rate (25-45 in crowded Rifts).

Any other bards have some suggestions? In beta I played a MM/Ranger and had absolutely no problems making gold participation level in every Rift with ease. Right now I only have one more role and it is a tank role, but I prefer to heal and feel more like I am contributing to the Rift group as my Bard....but this not being able to get high up on the participation scale is getting ridiculous.

Thanks.

Koe

Hit a rift mob then spam motifs.

Telaran

Unfortunately the channeling portion of cadence doesn't not count as continued participation. You get the same 'credit' for the cadence channel as you do for an instant cast ability. So you have to choose between participation (by spamming power chord/motifs/instants from other souls) and being more helpful but lower participation (cadence)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Orishas View Post
    Unfortunately the channeling portion of cadence doesn't not count as continued participation. You get the same 'credit' for the cadence channel as you do for an instant cast ability. So you have to choose between participation (by spamming power chord/motifs/instants from other souls) and being more helpful but lower participation (cadence)
    Wow, that really sucks! So either I heal to help the raid be successful, but get stuck with little participation points, or I don't heal so I can get participation points. Looks like I wont be healing Rifts anymore.

+ Reply to Thread