+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Melee Rogue

Shadowlander

Default Melee Rogue

Ok there a few things I dont understand

Warriors are in plate and can do more damage then a melee rogue

When you pop out of stealth burst dps it takes a healer 1 insta cast to put it all back on <--- Are you goes really ok with that?

I thougth since we are in leather we should have more damage is that not the case I mean sab can lay out a ton of damage mm can also and they can be 20 to 35m away... melee rogues have to get up on you and have positional atacks wtf is going on. I never had one of my finishers hit for what blast charge does so why are melee rogues so wet noodle and med burst?

look im not trying to get in arguments here just please tell me why in your opinion melee seems so crap in this game. Heck maybe i am missing something so please tell me where my damage is.

Soulwalker

Guys, guys, come quick! My (class / spec / style of playing) isn't balanced on launch! Halp!
    Last edited by Akchei; 02-27-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Soulwalker

stuns, interrupts, silence etc helps alot =)

atm my assasin/BD spec burst down enemies far faster than my marksman/nightblade/assasin

and of course the right choice of talents and rotation helps alot

positional attacks? sure you gotta be close but the only positional attacks i've seen is assasin stealth attacks and their backstab

Clerics can be troublesome (darn their heal) but i eat mages and warriors.

Shadowlander

also , the problem is rogue doesnt really have the burst! if you play rogue you will know how hard it is to make ur energy empty , this is not like rogues in wow where backstab cost 60 , its only 30 here and less dmg so which means its very gradual... i just feel so said that assasin is like the worst class right now...

A lot of things are dependant on gear, stats, skill levels.. I don't think rogues are underpowered, I think a few other classes/souls are overpowered. Saboteur, Void Knight, etc come to mind.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    also , the problem is rogue doesnt really have the burst! if you play rogue you will know how hard it is to make ur energy empty , this is not like rogues in wow where backstab cost 60 , its only 30 here and less dmg so which means its very gradual... i just feel so said that assasin is like the worst class right now...
    i dont think its the worst spec, not by far. It got several useful talents and buffs making it a extremely good support soul. Even for main its pretty useful. Bleed attacks + stuns ftw.

Shadowlander

To be honest, while I really enjoy may assassin/riftstalker/ranger, I am slightly underwhelmed by the damage I do.

In warfronts, I actually get 50% of my kills from my bow, just spamming quick shot then headshot, with 0 points in my Ranger soul. Although I do a considerable amount more up close, the fact that I can and have been consistently killing with my 0pt ranger soul is a bit disheartening. It's much harder to set up attacks, and losing stealth seems too easy.

I do agree that melee rogues should pack more of a punch, although I've only gotten up to level 24, so maybe the answer is melee rogues are late bloomers. Only time will tell for me, but I hope so, it's the only class I enjoy playing.

Soulwalker

I completely agree that the assassin doesn't have the burst it should. I would be all for moves that cost more energy if they could do more dammage. My biggest complaint is that the improved backstab talent was nerfed to the ground. Improved flanking used to give backstabs 100% armor ignore and now only add 6% to crit. Backstabbing should do more dammage because of the positional requirement. Sadly the improved savage strike gets a 10% increased chance to crit if spec'd into. How is it that savage strike gets a better bonus than backstab does when backstabs are harder to perform. I'm very dissapointed about this change.

Telaran

No. We need less reasons for people to play rogues not more. If they buff their melee ability, it'll go from 90% rogues to 95% rogues.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kylazin View Post
    No. We need less reasons for people to play rogues not more. If they buff their melee ability, it'll go from 90% rogues to 95% rogues.
    ahh everyone should play what they like i just think its wrong for a war in plate with more hitpoints to be able to do more damage then me in leather. War hav more survivability and do more damage what universe did i walk into.

My problem with the healing is; what takes me 6 seconds to do they can undo instantly. Look im not saying i wana wtf pwn all but I would at least like a chance and be able to keep the pressure on the healer so they have to make snap judgements as it is now rogue melee is a joke. I hope at launch the screams of all the rogue fans burns the devs to make a decision.

Pls give love to melee rogue dps... if we are late bloomers that has yet to be seen but in warfronts i feel like an easy kill to range and healers and war.

Soulwalker

Gonna disagree, I have no problems topping damage and KB charts in warfronts on my Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker. Only time I have problems is when the other team is heavy on clerics who actually heal and our team is light on healing, but that's the same in every game.

Plane Walker

Oh stop QQing and L2P

In PvE, Warriors do 110 dps on average while I do 160-170 dps on my rogue.

In PvP. I burst people down before they know what hit them and hide before their allies can react.

Rift Disciple

Im a mixture of ranged and melee with nearly all my points in Nightblade, the melee Damage is great and much more fun than playing a MM.

The lower levels are also not that great if you're looking to play assassin.

They require a lot of the higher tier talents and skills to really shine. Also, the first warfront is not very good for assassins. When everyone is all clustered in one small area, the moment you come out you will probably be taken out.

Wait for some of the larger warfronts, level a bit more, and you should find the assassin much more enjoyable.

Rift Disciple

I am sad melee rogue. Last night I jumped a warrior that had 50% health and I only managed to get him down to 20% before he killed me. Considering I'm DPS specced in a bunch of blues with gemmed blue weapons AND I got the jump on him at 50% health and still managed to lose in 5 seconds, something seems wrong here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast