+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Riftstalkers: Absolutely Un****withable!

Default Riftstalkers: Absolutely Un****withable!

Hey all,

I've been a tank in MMO as long as I can remember; Riftstalker is BY FAR the funnest tank class I have ever played. Period!

I'm not a "theorycrafter" by any means, I just do what looks right and makes sense. I will tell you I am having f*cking blast.

The may be a a leather wearer, but once PVPers see a rogue with this kind of health, they back they f*ck off ASAP!

Im about to hit level 28. I have 3300+ health and can destroy a 4-pack of equal level mobs, EASY!

Aside from the "Plane Shift" glitch, I am very excited for this class and would like to hear how everone else is doing.

Here is my build as of now:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVpc.x0d.xIthz0z.x0z
    Apple 13" Aluminum Unibody MacBook/Apple 24" LED Cinima Display
    Mac OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard)/Window 7 Ultimate x64 (Boot Camp)
    Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2 x 2GB Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400M Hard Drive: Hitachi 160GB
    Rift: Plans of Telara: Brooks-Ethian Rogue Riftstalker-Snarebrush

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Hey all,

I've been a tank in MMO as long as I can remember; Riftstalker is BY FAR the funnest tank class I have ever played. Period!

I'm not a "theorycrafter" by any means, I just do what looks right and makes sense. I will tell you I am having f*cking blast.

The may be a a leather wearer, but once PVPers see a rogue with this kind of health, they back they f*ck off ASAP!

Im about to hit level 28. I have 3300+ health and can destroy a 4-pack of equal level mobs, EASY!

Aside from the "Plane Shift" glitch, I am very excited for this class and would like to hear how everone else is doing.

Interesting, I have never mained Riftstalker before. I normally just use it for it's 0point and 4point endurance. I'll give this a whirl when I get online.

Soulwalker

Yea riftstalker is great fun, the teleporting, survivability + the dps boosts means you can get alot of very very fun builds with this soul

im very tempted to make a ranged character with riftstalker phasing bonuses for giggles.

Soulwalker

I'm curious how your riftstalker does in PvP?? Or are we strictly talking only pve here?

Riftstalkers are awesome, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Focusd View Post
    I'm curious how your riftstalker does in PvP?? Or are we strictly talking only pve here?
    I think Riftstalkers would do awesome in PvP at later levels combined with the Assassin. You get a ****load of mobility from both the Riftstalker and Assassin tree and nice damage and crowd control abilities from Assassin. And of course, all the survivability that the Assassin lacks, you can pick up in the Rift's tree.

Hey all,

Do you plan on ever putting points into Rift Barrier and Imp Rift Barrier? It seems the shield would be really good, especially since you have items to increase your health, healing effects, armor value, endurance, etc. Does it share a cooldown with Rift Guard?
    Mystify - Dwarf Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur

Telaran

Riftstalkers can't use a shield though since they are a rogue right? They can have high armour etc with buffs and take less damage and have absorb bubbles though. Wonder if they can main tank in instances at level 50?

I have never played tank in mmo... But in RiFT Rs is amazing... I'm lvl 40 now and my leather tank works better than warriors /healers said/. Realy big aggro, nice aoe taunt, tricky rifting etc. I have no problem in instances, speedrun in instas works cool.
    Lineage 2: CLRsky-Elf Bladedancer WoW: iLoveViolence - Troll Rogue WHO: Integra - Witch Elf Rift: NiHiL - High Elf Rogue Riftsalker /Steamspike/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravzar View Post
    Riftstalkers can't use a shield though since they are a rogue right? They can have high armour etc with buffs and take less damage and have absorb bubbles though. Wonder if they can main tank in instances at level 50?
    My lvl 40 RS /geared from instances/ has ~4600 hp (self buff), ~40%dmg reduction from armor and tons of absorb things. I 100% sure RS will work perfect @ 50 in raids as main tank. My guild mates /healers/ said: The hardest part in healing a RS is to find btw easy to keep them alive, if the tank is enough skilled.
    Lineage 2: CLRsky-Elf Bladedancer WoW: iLoveViolence - Troll Rogue WHO: Integra - Witch Elf Rift: NiHiL - High Elf Rogue Riftsalker /Steamspike/

Soulwalker

Are you guys having any trouble getting into the gold with rifts? I'm tanking as much as I can, and staying active 100% of the time, but I just can't stay in the gold anymore.

Telaran

Rift participation is simply about spamming abilities; it doesn't care if you're active, simply how many buttons you push.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra View Post
    My lvl 40 RS /geared from instances/ has ~4600 hp (self buff), ~40%dmg reduction from armor and tons of absorb things. I 100% sure RS will work perfect @ 50 in raids as main tank. My guild mates /healers/ said: The hardest part in healing a RS is to find btw easy to keep them alive, if the tank is enough skilled.
    My level 32 Riftstalker has over 5000 health self-buffed =D Lovin it.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

This class is so fun it's obscene. I've never liked tanking before, but Riftstalker makes it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bermar View Post
    I think Riftstalkers would do awesome in PvP at later levels combined with the Assassin. You get a ****load of mobility from both the Riftstalker and Assassin tree and nice damage and crowd control abilities from Assassin. And of course, all the survivability that the Assassin lacks, you can pick up in the Rift's tree.
    Riftstalker is simply brilliant for Black Garden and Whitefall Steppes (especially the latter) WF; I haven't been past those ones though. The sheer mobility combined with high survivability and not detracting from the team's DPS or healing output make it the perfect flag / fang bearer.

In just general slugfests it's mostly a distraction class, your typical tank -- kite people around, harass healers so your burst DPS can take them out, throw Rift Prison around and whatnot. If you just stand still and try to kill anything but a squishy Rogue you're probably going to lose, though.

Soulwalker

Jump right before you plane shift, that should stop the glitch. It sucks but at least it's some sort of work-around until a bug-fix comes out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast