+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur fun but time consuming

Soulwalker

Default Saboteur fun but time consuming

so whats your guys opinion about the sab

Rift Disciple

Most responses in this thread are going to be: "OP"

I think it is fun, but having some type of cast sequence macro would really make it a lot easier to play in PvE.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by gcaliber View Post
    Most responses in this thread are going to be: "OP"

I think it is fun, but having some type of cast sequence macro would really make it a lot easier to play in PvE.
    that would make the saboteur the most boring class in the game, i *REALLY* hope the devs do not do something like this.

saboteurs are pretty fun, but i'm not sure what you mean by time consuming? you mean the stacking of your charges first i guess? the damage is similar to other classes in the same timeframe, are you saying its time consuming for the fact that you don't see some damage ticking for those first 7.5 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    that would make the saboteur the most boring class in the game, i *REALLY* hope the devs do not do something like this.

saboteurs are pretty fun, but i'm not sure what you mean by time consuming? you mean the stacking of your charges first i guess? the damage is similar to other classes in the same timeframe, are you saying its time consuming for the fact that you don't see some damage ticking for those first 7.5 seconds?
    IMO sabo fills a role that most others don't and that is combat debuffer. While most people focus on the whole "OMG HE DAMAGED LOTS" they miss that pve wise or in a group scenario a sabo's TRUE power is VERY strong debuffing/controlling via their other charges and traps/bombs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    IMO sabo fills a role that most others don't and that is combat debuffer. While most people focus on the whole "OMG HE DAMAGED LOTS" they miss that pve wise or in a group scenario a sabo's TRUE power is VERY strong debuffing/controlling via their other charges and traps/bombs.
    yup exactly, concussion charge in pve is awesome to help the healer get back on track after its been transmogrified, splinter is great if you have a lot of physical damage and ember is great for caster buffing in your group, but noone that plays a class other than saboteur seems to really even understand the class.

tons of times in dungeons if i see the tank going down fast ill start stacking concussion and i won't even be doing any damage the entire encounter just to help the group.

yup exactly, concussion charge in pve is awesome to help the healer get back on track after its been transmogrified, splinter is great if you have a lot of physical damage and ember is great for caster buffing in your group, but noone that plays a class other than saboteur seems to really even understand the class.

tons of times in dungeons if i see the tank going down fast ill start stacking concussion and i won't even be doing any damage the entire encounter just to help the group.
    But dps numbers are the only thing that matter right?! we can't look at ANYTHING other then dps numbers!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by gcaliber View Post

1,1,1,1,1,2 not easy enough?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jonymac View Post
    Personally I do 11111, left mouse utility button. Feels like I am using my mouse as a remote detonation device.

love my sab. it's a lot more interesting than say my bard spec. so many charges to choose from for various situations, lots of choices.

only problem i have with the class is im getting reeeeeeeeeally sick of putting 5 charges and a time bomb on a mob, setting up a trap and just before i hit detonate... some badde runs by and taps it. i try to ignore it and just go to the next and... time bomb blows and it comes to me, ignoring the guy who stole it. it'd be nice if they'd make a change so that if you do more damage to the mob and had charges before it was tapped you could get the credit back. or at least let time bomb tap it since there's no way to take back the damage once it's been set.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Plane Touched

I just use fiery spike from NB if I see someone around.

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    love my sab. it's a lot more interesting than say my bard spec. so many charges to choose from for various situations, lots of choices.

only problem i have with the class is im getting reeeeeeeeeally sick of putting 5 charges and a time bomb on a mob, setting up a trap and just before i hit detonate... some badde runs by and taps it. i try to ignore it and just go to the next and... time bomb blows and it comes to me, ignoring the guy who stole it. it'd be nice if they'd make a change so that if you do more damage to the mob and had charges before it was tapped you could get the credit back. or at least let time bomb tap it since there's no way to take back the damage once it's been set.
    Thatd be bad when you have groups of people running around.

2 person group would just steal all the soloer mobs.

Its why most sabos run with Ranger for leveling I've seen, pet tags mob for you after you throw first charge.
    Last edited by Shatteredstar; 02-27-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Rift Disciple

With charge booster, 5 different charges does a lot more damage since you get to detonate 10 charges instead of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post

I'm using ranger so I can tag with the pet when I am in a crowded area, but after getting out of the starting zone I haven't had much of a problem. I don't even use the trap since the mob dies before it reaches me or with one hit unless its a named one with high hp.
    Last edited by gcaliber; 02-27-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Rift Disciple

either you haven't played a saboteur, you are level 10 or lower or you are just joking :P
    i doubt any higher level saboteur uses just blast charge, if they do, they are dumb.

Soulwalker

either you haven't played a saboteur, you are level 10 or lower or you are just joking :P
    i doubt any higher level saboteur uses just blast charge, if they do, they are dumb.
    well for all your are right the fact is you don't actually need to use anything else. you can just one shot people. if both your detonate and charges crit there is very little anyone can do. hillarious i find but still it's a tad op but the variation of the charges is actually original and interesting.

and is it actually worth it to use 5 different charges. or do you still get the highest burst just spamming blast charge. be interesting to actually try this

My opinion is it is silly OP.

I am a rogue soul main, before anyone else comments.

+ Reply to Thread