+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stealth? Don't make me laugh

Default Stealth? Don't make me laugh

Greater Dire Wolf will take you out of stealth every single time, even with full stealth spec.

Rangers - take a Greater Dire Wolf with you and hey presto, you cannot be killed by assassins - it'll break your stealth long before they even get to you - of course giving you the ability to chuckle away.

Nice one.

Fancy fixing this Trion...or...not?

Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

You mean it automatically see's you in stealth? Well, at first I thought thats pretty stupid, but it actually makes sense depending on your level. When you say "full stealth spec" are you referring to Elusiveness? There aren't any talents that actually decreases the chance enemies can see you in the Assassin tree. If you treat the pet like a mob, does the pet see you more easily than mobs of the same level? If so, this should be fixed. Does the pet see you at the same distance that mobs of the same level do? If so, working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Onsaphi View Post
    You mean it automatically see's you in stealth? Well, at first I thought thats pretty stupid, but it actually makes sense depending on your level. When you say "full stealth spec" are you referring to Elusiveness? There aren't any talents that actually decreases the chance enemies can see you in the Assassin tree. If you treat the pet like a mob, does the pet see you more easily than mobs of the same level? If so, this should be fixed. Does the pet see you at the same distance that mobs of the same level do? If so, working as intended.

Silent Footsteps....Increases the Difficulty of Detecting You While Stealthing by 30% and Increases Movement Speed by 30% While Stealthed

There.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Silent Footsteps....Increases the Difficulty of Detecting You While Stealthing by 30% and Increases Movement Speed by 30% While Stealthed

There.
    Oh you're right. You know, I thought there was a talent that did that, and I looked for it for a good 5-10 minutes too. Guess I overlooked it. Regardless, it depends on how the pet reacts compared with mobs of the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post

There.
    Doesn't make your stealth undetectable though. Stealth in this game is about getting in a quick clean opener, not about being able to stand invisible next to something for an infinite amount of time. Different stealth mechanics for a different game. At least they don't let you walk at 125% walk speed in stealth like some other game...

Quote Originally Posted by pacoxi View Post
    Doesn't make your stealth undetectable though. Stealth in this game is about getting in a quick clean opener, not about being able to stand invisible next to something for an infinite amount of time. Different stealth mechanics for a different game. At least they don't let you walk at 125% walk speed in stealth like some other game...
    It should make it pretty undetectable. Not to the point where you can stand in front of a mob which would be silly but I would hope a Sin specced that way could walk BEHIND any mob in their level range without being detected. That's the whole point.

Rift Disciple

Silent footsteps of your smelly feet cant help you against the sensitive nose of a big bad Wolf.
    Dont see any problem here ^^
    Maybe sap this wolf from a range of 20m to get to the ranger. Then you have a petclass in melee without pet. sounds good for me...

Ascendant

Maybe the wolf is just smelling you out

Rift Disciple

I think the fact that a high level wolf would be able to detect a prowling semi hidden person. Its stealth not invisibility. It just makes sense that a wolf could and would notice you, thats one of the many things (in the wild) they do that are superior to humans.

I think its fine....maybe pick a diff target? Its not a 1v1 game

My primary spec is assassin/NB and if you go 10 deep in NB you get this amazing ability called "lost hope" that is a ranged sap. Thing is pets are not pcs and thus in pvp they get sapped for 45 seconds.

I will almost ALWAYS sap a pet just to annoy the owner.

In any case I don't remember EVER having stealth drop around a wolf pet. I have had my stealth just drop in the middle of a field with nothing around (still trying to figure it out, I have perma stealth now) in pvp and pve.

The pet sniffed me out 20 foot away from the ranger with Elusiveness and all points in all stealth skills.

No matter how you look at this, it's in no way positive.

The whole point of the sin tree is stealth and big bang. If the big bang doesn't work, you assist the spec with something for retreat - or take the death. But right now - this is not playable imho the way it is.

I shouldn't be taken out of stealth EVERY time I get near a PC, simply because his pet is 2 levels above me.

Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    I think the fact that a high level wolf would be able to detect a prowling semi hidden person. Its stealth not invisibility. It just makes sense that a wolf could and would notice you, thats one of the many things (in the wild) they do that are superior to humans.

I think its fine....maybe pick a diff target? Its not a 1v1 game
    Jesus f*cking H. Christ

Why do people bring in real world mechanics into game balance? Nobody gives a hoot if wolves can smell humans from 50 miles away. In a fantasy game anything is possible... including wolves being able to smell for **** OR a rogue being able to suppress any odor along with being stealthy.

The only discussion here should be about game balance. Is it balanced that rangers get an auto-stealth detect? Thats the only question.
    Last edited by gluon; 02-27-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
    The pet sniffed me out 20 foot away from the ranger with Elusiveness and all points in all stealth skills.

No matter how you look at this, it's in no way positive.

The whole point of the sin tree is stealth and big bang. If the big bang doesn't work, you assist the spec with something for retreat - or take the death. But right now - this is not playable imho the way it is.

I shouldn't be taken out of stealth EVERY time I get near a PC, simply because his pet is 2 levels above me.
    Was the pet the same level as you? If so, that needs to be fixed. If its higher level, thats probably how it found you so easily.

Soulwalker

Pets shouldn't have any greater agro range than any other mob in the game. An assassin has to spend 21 points in the tree for perma stealth which shouldn't be so easily negated.

Soulwalker

Hmm. Looks like Greater Dire Wolf is at the same depth in the Ranger tree as perma. Is the consensus in this thread that there shouldn't be a counter to stealth once you put points into making it better?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast