Abilities and how use them
    Getting started
    Higher level rotation
    AOE killing
    The difference Between the last soul
    Closing

-----------------------------------------------------

Introduction

I putting together a leveling guide for all the bladedancers out and about, that just love to play this soul. This guild will be made for leveling and how to kill the most mobs with the least amount of downtime. This is guide for leveling and not for doing the most amount damage out of your soul, but if this turns out well I might write one on that too at higher levels. So this will be a non flame me down thread and I would love any type of consecutive feedback and help that I can get.

What is a soul?

So in rift you will be getting soul points every time you level up and these soul points can be spent in one of three tree that you have access to. So if you're looking at this guide that means that you are interested in Bladedancer tree, but what souls should you choose to complement this tree the best you might ask? Well there are a few choices and I will lay them out for you.

What Souls should I take?

So to start off I'm going to be talking about the riftstalker soul the rogue tanking soul. This soul is mandatory in my guide to help make up for the Bladedancers lack of survivability. So to when you start playing your rogue you will be putting points into the riftstalker, but only till level 14. I knew what your thinking what the hell I came here to play as a bladedancer, but you will thank me in the long run for making you do this. The reason this is so important to get the heal out of this build plus a little bit more survivability. Ok so now we knew that we are taking the Bladednacer tree and riftslaker tree what is the last tree I should take? Well this tree wont be getting used till 36, it will be pretty much useless till that level. So I will be putting out the build herehttp://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hz.g0dVhoMRGdz till level 36. But you ask what build should I take off the start I wouldn't want to take the wrong one. Well they're really only three choices Four at the lower levels. All the other souls just don't work well with bladedancer soul and I will focus on these right now.

Ranger

This soul is great at the lower levels!! It will let you have access to your own pet that tank and pick up mobs for well doing extra damage. The big problem is that once you hit level 28 or so this soul becomes less useful because your pet can't level any higher. So this is a good third soul till level 28, but in the long run not the best. No build here since you dont really use it once you get up the point to put thing's into it.

Assassin

This soul focus on poison damage and citicals. This is a great soul at the higher levels to go along with your bladedancer and riftstalker souls and at the lower levels let's you have access to virulent poison for a ok damage increase. Thing that makes this great is that all of the points you take are a damage increase to your main moves, plus you can get Blinding powder this is a great move if your in a pinch. Here http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oRRGdz.hmMcd0bis a final using build using Assassin. The big thing is more healing :P notice I toke the talent magnify pain for 20% more healing on top of the 30% from riftstalker.

Nightblade

Ok nightblade is pretty much a tree that is going to focus on increasing the damage of your finishing and gives you a new move that I will talk about later in this large text wall if you pick this soul. So this sould is great at higher levels, the problem is it just sits there doing nothing at the low levels so your call. Not much for said this tree increase finishing move damage. Here http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RGdz.V0t0G0Mis the build if you choose this tree.

Bard

So we will be talking about this bard soul. This is a support soul that wont be give you flat out damage increases, but instead give you helpful buffs. This soul you will not really have a use till the higher levels when you put points into it to get more buffs and get the talent to make your buffs last longer. This isn't saying that it is not a good combo soul, but the problem is that you will have to re-apply the buffs pretty much after every battle. So like im saying this is a great soul at the higher levels and is up there for the choice. As I have said the only main problem is having to apply the buffs after every fight one at a time. Who knew through ill look into macros for them, but I here they don't work that well and you build is right herehttp://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VhoMRGdz.Ehz0m

Buffs/Cool downs

So I will put the buffs and Cds for each soul here and talk about them. The buffs with * will be 1hr buffs that should stay on all the time

Riftstalker
    -Planbeound Resilience**: Increases the Rogue's Endurance always good to have more
    -Shadow Shift: The Rogue Plane Shifts 15 meters forward good for running away
    -Shadow Stalk: Appear behind the target good for getting the jump on casters
    -Track Air Creatures: Like the name says sort of useless

Bladedancer
    -Side Steps: Increase Dodge chance by 50% for 15 seconds great if your in trouble fighting non casters
    -Double Coup: Causes Quick Strike or Precision Strike to increase the Critical Hit chance and damage of the next Keen Strike by 100% Lasts 15 second. Good for damage increase on single target
    -Combat Preparation/Combat Pose**: increasing Dexterity by 40 always nice

Assassin
    -Stealth: The Rogue is hidden from enemies for 30 seconds. Great for getting through things you don't want to fight
    -Virulent Poison/Lethal Poison**: use will use Virulent Poison off the start, but use Lethal Poison once you get it for increased damage
    -Incapacitate: Incapacitates the enemy for 45 seconds. Great to get a enemy out of the fight can only be used in stealth through
    -Blinding Powder:using the enemy to be confused for 10 second Greta to get the enemy out of fight for a few secs

Nightblade
    -Conceal: Rogue goes into stealth for 30 seconds. See Stealth above
    -Hellfire Blades**: I damage increase that you put on your weapons see poisons same thing pretty much
    -Twilight Shelter: reduce damage taken by 80%, but reduces damage dealt by 40% Lasts 8 seconds. Great if your if your going to die and need that little extra time
    -Lost Hope: Incapacitating the enemy for 45 seconds. Enemy must not be in combat. Same as above good to make sure sure that other mob wont walk over to you.

Bard
    -Motif of Bravery**: Increases the Attack Power and Spell Power of party and raid members by 62.Im going to put all on motifs together they last 30sec if talented just make sure to keep these up.
    -Motif of Focus**:Increases the Critical Hit and Spell Critical Hit chance of party and raid members by 5%.
    -Motif of Regeneration**: Heals party and raid members for 90 health every 3 seconds.
    -Motif of Tenacity**:Reduces the damage taken by party and raid members by 5%.
    -Fanfare of Power**: Increases the Strength and Dexterity of party and raid members by 40 and Lasts 1 hour. The thing about the Fanfare's is that you can only have one on at a time so pick if you want damage or defense really up to you'd.
    -Fanfare of Vigor**: Increases the Endurance of party and raid members by 40 and Lasts 1 hour
    -Anthem of Glory**: Increases the Armor Value of party and raid members by 505. Just like Fanfares you can only have one on at a time, but this is the one your will have on when fighting mobs.
    -Anthem of Competence**:Increases the movement speed of party and raid members by 15%, when they are out of combat. So not much to say here use this when you want to move faster and put Glory back on in combat.

Getting started

so now that you got your soul tree's picked time learn use all of those moves that your soul tree is going to give you access to. So lets start off with the basic tree moves you will attack with is the bladedancer until you get more points in the soul. These moves will be Keen strike, Quick Strike and your finisher Deadly strike. The way these moves work is that Keen strike will hit first letting you then use quick strike, but you can't use unless you hit with Keen Strike first. You will use those two moves to build up your combo points that can go up to maxim of five, that then let you use Deadly Strike. Just remember the more points you build up the more powerful you Deadly Strike will be. So just use these three moves as a basic then you should be fine.

Higher level rotation

Now you most be getting a higher level and your spam three button rotation isn't going to work as well plus your getting new moves, so lets work on how this class is going to be great for leveling. After you have 8 points in the bladedancer tree you should get are bread and butter move False Blade. False Blade give you 5% more dodge and as you can see from our tree we hurt our enemies by dodging attacks. So here is how this si going to work your still going to use Keen Strike and Quick Strike, but now your going to try to keep False Blade up at all times well attacking. You should also have a move reprisal that comes up when you parry or dodge a move, use this move when ever it comes up it can only be used every 6secs. You will also have a move when you put 16 points into the soul Precision Strike. This will do damage plus give you 2 combo points and should be used when you can use it. Now this will pretty much be your rotation well pretty much for all 1 on 1 fights.

Now lets get into healing the whole reason you went into the Riftstalker soul. Now because of the talent you toke Rift Scavenger you will heal 6% max hp for every combo point you have left over when you kill enemy. That is 30% of your max hp if you kill a enemy with full combo points. This is a amazing thing and you should try to end the fight with as many combo points as your can shot for max always. You also got a ability called Rift Guard that is pretty much my OMG IM SCREWED button. all I can say is pretty much use it when you think you need it, it will take combo points to be useful so be wary of that.

AOE killing

This is the part that makes Bladedancer so great leveling and is our aoe. When you get 6 soul points in the Bladerdancer tree you get your combo building aoe move Twin Strike and when 10 points are in tree our finshing aoe Compound Strike. So pretty much the idea of aoe killing with Bladedancer is to build up 5 points with Twin Strike(Precision Strike when not on Cd) to use False Blades and then try kill them enemy with 5 combo points still up on them when die to heal yourself. The thing about this is the fact you have to judge when you think it is safe to throw a Compound Strike out to increase your damage. You also get Dancing Steel when you put 31 points in your soul a great add to your aoe.

Now aoe works but only within a range of you what happens if you caster not near your aoe? This is when you use your Weapon Barrage to silencing them and forcing, but only use it when you can see the casting or it will not work. One other thing you can do if it one caster use Shadow Stalk on it teleporting to it and pulling the other enemies to it so you can aoe.

The difference Between the last soul

So ya if you pick one of them you have some small things that will be different and I will lay the out here. Assassin is first you will get different poison's as I have put up above use them to what kind of enemy you are fighting the biggest thing is stealth. You will get stealth that will let you avoid enemies and get to quest's bosses or pick up things easier for some quest's. Now for Nightblade only thing that is really new here is Twilight Force a good single target move on a 10 sec CD. Use this move when you are fight 1 on 1 fights besides that it's to great. last but not least we will get into bard. As I have said in the bard section you will have to put them on before you go into battle, but they will be helpful. The only things you will have to keep reapply through will be your Motif'sand you will have four them *** I have shown in the buff/Cd 's above. Just keep putting these on before you go into fight and it should help your damage and survivability greatly.

Closing

Well that's all that I can keep typing so I hope this will help someone out there ... umm I will add more and fix for grammar and spelling when I find it, also ill fix links when I wake up can't remember righht now am to tired .
    Last edited by Darkrose; 02-28-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Seems like a great guide. Will definetly check it out when trying a bladedancer. Thanks for writing it m8!

Telaran

I was thinking bladedancer looked a lot like WoW rogue's combat spec and was really interested in it as a leveling build. But for some reason I forgot about it and kept going with my nightblade just because up until like 35 the kill speed was just insane.

But now the questing spots have multiple mobs and incapacitating one still doesn't leave me safe. I switched to a 30rift/30sin build for grinding/questing and it works but the kill speed seems kind of slow. I like all the dodging and parrying bladedancer seems to have. I may check it out. Thanks for the guide.

Thank you sooo much for this!

You should know that riftplanet has a competition for guides, you should enter it.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for the guide and builds!

One thing I would like to see is the rotation for the different builds you posted. That would be really nice.
    Last edited by RogueParagon; 02-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quite a nice guide.

Might be worth explaining exactly why you think the other three souls aren't worth considering combining with Bladedancer? I get that Marksman doesn't have any great synergies with BD, and the same is mostly true of Saboteur - but I'm finding Bard works quite well with BD (and Assassin as third soul) so far...
    Yes, I have a blog. I even update it from time to time

Originally Posted by TheHangman:
    In Rift, PVE raids you!

Soulwalker

I was skeptical at first, but after trying this out, it's been a pretty beasty spec. I'm at lvl 33, and can take on up to 6 or 7 mobs 1-2 levels higher than me. Pretty good stuff.

BladeDancers are very under rated, and I've seen them only as a secondary soul instead of a main. I'm sure once people realize how devastating they can be as a main soul for PVE and PVP, we'll see more of them
    My thoughts in my mind are structured like a chess board. Everything that ends up happening is a checkmate. It's all according to plan.

Soulwalker

I had a guy following me around in Scarwood Reach watching me charge from mob to mob at full health. Really a fun spec to play too.

Quote Originally Posted by WK19 View Post
    I was skeptical at first, but after trying this out, it's been a pretty beasty spec. I'm at lvl 33, and can take on up to 6 or 7 mobs 1-2 levels higher than me. Pretty good stuff.
    Really? I must have been doing something terribly wrong, then; I could take 2, maybe 3 mobs. What kind of gear are you sporting, if I might ask?

Soulwalker

I love this build. I have been wanting to play a BD since beta but couldnt find a good guide for it and then on the day I decide to go for it I find this thread at the top of the forums. Great guide.

Soulwalker

Hmm, Nightblade AoE feels less than spectacular, so I think I'll try this out.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Really? I must have been doing something terribly wrong, then; I could take 2, maybe 3 mobs. What kind of gear are you sporting, if I might ask?
    Mostly quest rewards. I do have an epic bow (+15 stam) and epic legs (don't remember what they were) though. Got maybe 3 or 4 blues as well. Main thing I do is keep up False Blade and, when I get that many on me, Rift Guard. Also, when you have a lot on you, Side Steps is a life saver. I usually go for the lowest hp mob first, so the self heal picks me up a little.
    Last edited by WK19; 02-27-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Hm, alright thanks. Off to reset my third roll *again*. When I was playing Blade I had set more in Assassin than Riftblade and it wasn't very good. My Riftstalker is definitely slowing down a lot but Bard is just no fun at all for questing, so I've been trying to figure a better build for questing.

Shadowlander

Loving the spec. I'm actually going BD/Rift/Bard and so far..it's damn near unstoppable. Have to switch a few things up here and there as I refine it but so far the BD is a beast and as far as I can tell, very underplayed.

One thing that is getting a bit taxing is the micro management of the BD/Rift/Bard combo with the motifs/buffs/finishers, it can be a bit much and the macro system in this game is pointless in it's current state.
    Last edited by Nidien; 02-27-2011 at 05:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast