+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best 0 point soul for Riftstalker/NB

Rift Disciple

Default Best 0 point soul for Riftstalker/NB

Currently 5 points in bard, 22 points in NB and 5 points in RS, ive decided i want to put more points in RS but dont need bard anymore, what rogue calling would be best for a zero point soul? I have ranger on another spec and i hate the pet they either dont attack at all or just pull aggro from every mob in the area.
    Last edited by bignbrown; 02-27-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Shadowlander

Although I haven't had experience in any other souls, I like having Bladedancer as my 3rd soul. At 0 points it gives you the side steps ability where your dodge chance goes up 50% for 15 seconds, it's saved me enough time to at least finish off my target in pvp before the others kill me off prematurely. The first level of abilites if you have some extra points help generally as well, increasing hit chance and dodge chance.

I had an Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer build in beta, but I wanted to make levelling easier with a pet, so I took ranger. I miss my sidestep abilities, but as long as you take direct control of your pet, it's not so bad. I dismiss him when I'm just trying to get around. It's fun as an assassin as well to have my pet take aggro of my target and stay behind it and assassinate the crap out of it. I'm only at level 20 by the way, and without putting points in my Ranger soul at some point I'll have to drop Ranger. Then I'll be in trouble.

Rift Disciple

If you don't want the pet, then its probably between bladedancer for side steps and assassin for virulent poison.

I liked using Sab for the slow bomb. Also with my RS/BD, I dont' have a ranged attack so I can use the charges also.

It depends what you're doing at the time. For soloing the extra oh sh!t button from Bladedancer is probably the handiest. In groups or rifts Ranger or MM are better for the direct damage ranged CP builders and ranged auto attacks. And in PvP Sab can be handy for the sticky bomb and the extra spike option of Blast Charge and Detonate.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Rift Disciple

Ranger is quite decent for soloing because of the pet. Even if you are using a melee build you can use it to save your *** or a teammates *** because it takes aggro really well. Though I know I love the dodge boost too.

Yeah, he said he didn't like working with the pet though. ;) But eventually the basic boar stops scalling (30), so you need to ween off of it sooner or later anyway (or start speccing heavy ranger).

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

+ Reply to Thread