+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger pet holding Aggro better??

Default Ranger pet holding Aggro better??

IN beta it seemed impossible for the starting beast to hold aggro on more than one mob. Now I'm seeing quite a few people as Rangers, and the pet seems to be charging and holding aggro commendably.

Was something adjusted for launch? Or is that just from the outside looking in

i agree..i like the fact that the pet hold aggro.. I can just stand back and fire away..
    "..what i DO have..are a very particular set of skills..."

Soulwalker

Funny, my wife is saying she's having more threat issues from the boar. Mine's working fine as my Ranger/Marks/Sab, but her Bard/Ranger/Bladedancer is pulling aggro with a couple strums of her string. (Put in order of the most points per soul).

Quote Originally Posted by Eiggas View Post
    Funny, my wife is saying she's having more threat issues from the boar. Mine's working fine as my Ranger/Marks/Sab, but her Bard/Ranger/Bladedancer is pulling aggro with a couple strums of her string. (Put in order of the most points per soul).
    Hmm...has she Trained her ranger powers as she leveled up?

Quote Originally Posted by gel214th View Post
    Hmm...has she Trained her ranger powers as she leveled up?
    Ranger...powers. Too easy...

Really though, thats all I can think of as well. The Boar's level cap scales with the rank of the summon, make sure she has the highest one available.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Soulwalker

Remember to resummon the new pet once you train the next skill as well... My pet wasnt holding aggro once and I was confused since I keep my skills up, but then I realized he hadn't died since level 1 so he was still capped at 8

Soulwalker

Talking

Also it seems the bard's songs generate quite a bit of hate. My primary soul is ranger with bard as secondary. I can shoot away with my ranger abilities but chaining cadence will pull aggro very quickly from my pig. I don't have a problem as long as I am judicious with cadence.

+ Reply to Thread