+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker a good subspec for assassins?

Telaran

Default Riftstalker a good subspec for assassins?

I know the phase shifts are pretty nice for closing the gap and escaping, but what about the finisher that buffs your AP? Is it worth popping with the CP you get from your stealth opener, or is more of a pve buff that works better for long term fights?

What about baneful touch in the assassin line?

EDIT: I'm talking strictly PVP
    Last edited by modex20; 02-24-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Telaran

bump to front page

Rift Chaser

Riftstalker has a lot of defensive abilities/talents. Personally, I'm a fan of it, but I like playing classes that are hard to kill (though not necessarily tanks). I think it's a good compliment to any of the DPS souls.

Soulwalker

I use Riftstalker as the 3rd in my Assassin/Nightblade build. I don't have any points in it, and am not sure I will put points in it, but it's nice defensive backing to the glass-cannon that is the Assassin/Nightblade.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlan View Post
    I use Riftstalker as the 3rd in my Assassin/Nightblade build. I don't have any points in it, and am not sure I will put points in it, but it's nice defensive backing to the glass-cannon that is the Assassin/Nightblade.
    Ditto - except i'm putting 2 points in RS, if i suspect a longer fight i can always pop the armor buff from the RS finisher, it all helps

Ascendant

If you're willing to go a bit deeper Stalker Phase and Ruthless Stalker with Shadow Assault/Stalk are great offensive additions for an Assassin. Ruthless Stalker in particular because of how crit-happy Assassins are.
    Last edited by Kedon; 02-25-2011 at 09:08 AM.

For PvP RS is a must imo for Sins. That or getting the charge in BD tree. The amount of mobility and buffs you simply get from plane shifting is amazing. Think about taking Sab for your 3rd soul 0 points, gives you charges you can apply for ranged combo points and detonate for range finisher but more importantly you get adheasive bomb which is amazing. Even end game if you have 15 points in infiltrator for the healing debuff and the magic immunity for 4 seconds you can still get 16-19 points in RS which will give you 3 planar shifts on a 45 second CD or less if you throw a few points into the reduced CD talents.

-Kel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    For PvP RS is a must imo for Sins. That or getting the charge in BD tree. The amount of mobility and buffs you simply get from plane shifting is amazing. Think about taking Sab for your 3rd soul 0 points, gives you charges you can apply for ranged combo points and detonate for range finisher but more importantly you get adheasive bomb which is amazing. Even end game if you have 15 points in infiltrator for the healing debuff and the magic immunity for 4 seconds you can still get 16-19 points in RS which will give you 3 planar shifts on a 45 second CD or less if you throw a few points into the reduced CD talents.

-Kel
    How often do you work in Annihilate or Guarded Steel into your rotation when PvPing? Is it good to get off one of those right away with your first few combo points, or is it better to stick to the assassin finishers for taking out targets?

I find it to be a great off for assas.
    The shift and buff is good for pvp and soloing.

+ Reply to Thread