+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marksman Nerf

Soulwalker

Default Marksman Nerf

I have yet to go on today, but has anyone tried the marksman so far? How nerfed are they? are they balanced or did they take it too far? Thanks

They're fine.

Rift Disciple

they are far from Fine, they feel like im shooting at stuff with a pea shooter now. Compared to an actual rifle before. DMG is horrible now compared to where it was

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by leetdemon View Post
    they are far from Fine, they feel like im shooting at stuff with a pea shooter now. Compared to an actual rifle before. DMG is horrible now compared to where it was
    So what you're saying is you felt like you one-shotted stuff previously and now you're stuck with actually having to put some effort in to kill stuff. Damn, Trion be mad.

Also, damage being horrible now when damage before was higher than anything else says very little.

Quote Originally Posted by leetdemon View Post
    Oh no! I can't one shot people anymore. I'm loving my ranger OP it's fine.

marks is faaaaar from fine now.... damage is absolutely pathetic. i have been doing my best to push DPS in warfronts but clerics are far outdamaging me and even get heals in.... from beta to now it feels like a completely underpowered, horrible mess of a class.

the only thing that needed changed was deadeye shot.... not every single damage skill ffs.
    Trion.... we want open world PVP, with the ability to kill guards, quest givers, and whatever else we can get our hands on. We want the freedom to kill and maim as we see fit. LEAVE THE PVP SERVERS ALONE. if you agree... put this in your sig!!!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Skyon View Post
    marks is faaaaar from fine now.... damage is absolutely pathetic. i have been doing my best to push DPS in warfronts but clerics are far outdamaging me and even get heals in.... from beta to now it feels like a completely underpowered, horrible mess of a class.

the only thing that needed changed was deadeye shot.... not every single damage skill ffs.
    It's pretty bad. I never understand why dev. teams do this. It's not like this has not been known for a while. Why make such a radical move right at the end? Makes no sense -- they could have tried to balance it (if it needed to be balanced) gradually over the last two betas.

Soulwalker

LOOOL mate, whatever your problem is with the MM , its NOT the class...so I would search on your end for the error

Its unbelivable what huge amount of dmg I can do and be agile at the same time! Shooting 400+ as lvl 12 out of enemys is more then OK!
    Sorry, but whoever is crying about MM now, got a serious problem. I got no problem getting on top of dmg & kills in the battlegrounds (IF you got a healer who is not sleeping)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Keegs View Post
    I have yet to go on today, but has anyone tried the marksman so far? How nerfed are they? are they balanced or did they take it too far? Thanks
    I think the problem before was too high spike dmg on crits, but now they've lowered dmg across the board so that the class feels quite broken and doesn't rank competively against others in rifts/invasions anymore.

You basically have to have the ranger pet now in order to play marksman at range. Before even level mobs were pretty close to dead by the time you hit it with a 5 point finisher...now you're lucky if they are half dead by the time the mob closes to melee range and you can't use your finishers anymore without trying to kite.

Compared to a melee range DPS soul (that doesn't have to try to kite, just mash buttons) at level 14, all skills fully trained up: markman's deadeye shot skill hits for 210 with 5 combo points and takes 1.5 seconds to execute...if the mob gets too close to you before that 1.5 seconds is up, it fails completely. Nightblade's finisher hits for 158 at 5 points and is instantaneous. It's not even worth risking the 1.5 second execution time for deadeye anymore. Ridiculous...

Broken, for sure.

In open beta you could tell the damage was lower, but it didn't feel completely useless vs other rogue DPS souls like it does now. The fastest leveling classes on my PvE server now appear to be only mages and clerics...interesting...and it was PvPer mages crying about marksman spike damage to start with.
    Last edited by CatatonicLemur; 02-24-2011 at 06:50 PM.

I have to honestly say the nerf has really slowed things down for my leveling. We were fine before the nerf to 4? of our abilities. Now it just takes too long to kill things.

Rift Disciple

210 for a finisher is perfectly fine for a dps class at level 14.

Gox
    Champion

dps is pretty bad compared to level 20-25 dps last time i was here.

And esp at 15-29 we were pretty op im afraid to see how bad it is at 40+
    Last edited by Gox; 02-24-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Soulwalker

I know im still low but all i have to say is I do fine as MM. I dont have an issue with it at all.

Telaran

Is any of the mmo math geeks going to post numbers for us? I don't think the drop in damage was very significant. At least I have not noticed a difference leveling up to 16 last night
    Last edited by pixelelement; 02-25-2011 at 06:05 AM.

They are fine. People just want them to be OP.I have no problem killing stuff, in fact I still kill faster than other dps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast