+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bladedancers? Praise or not?

Default Bladedancers? Praise or not?

First off, whats up to the Rogue community. Hope all is well.

So I've been visiting the forums for a few days now and Ive notice that there are of course a bunch of threads concerning most of the rogue classes with the exception of Bladedancer. Now I have taken a look at the BD tree via the Zam skill builder and I must admit it doesnt seem all that attractive. My questions to you all though is, have any of you actually played the class to a high level during the beta phase to maybe give it some kind of praise or is best suited as a secondary/tertiary class.

Just some food for thought while Im at work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SadoFace View Post

So I've been visiting the forums for a few days now and Ive notice that there are of course a bunch of threads concerning most of the rogue classes with the exception of Bladedancer. Now I have taken a look at the BD tree via the Zam skill builder and I must admit it doesnt seem all that attractive. My questions to you all though is, have any of you actually played the class to a high level during the beta phase to maybe give it some kind of praise or is best suited as a secondary/tertiary class.

I used Bladedancer for 12 pts as a secondary to my assassin. The silence is needed to take down healers, and the 70% runspeed works in stealth which is pretty nice.
    Tracker - P40 Rogue on Seastone (defiant) - 51 MM / 15 NB / 0 RS
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Right on, I'll have to look into that more. Anyone else with information their willing to contribute would be much appreciated.

Shield of Telara

I have played it in the 40s, did not reach cap with my rogue. I really enjoy the mechanics of the game. It is not a dps powerhouse though as you can probably tell from looking at tree/root abiilities. It is respectable middle of the pack of the rogue callings but does get outdone by the more dps-centric builds that focus on +crit, +dmg, +bleed dmg, etc natively.

What it does have going for it is decent added survivability with Silence, Dodge, Parry, buff/debuffs to help enhance yourself and take down others. Paired with a more powerful dps-centric soul it adds a +5% hit which can not be taken lightly. That buff will help erase a lot of misses and dodges you are getting from enemies even at low levels where you first get it. And again the +5% dodge is nice for soloing, much less noticable at higher levels where mobs are a bit tougher, but still nice. And then all the reactives and the "steps" that you get have their uses when paired with other souls. BD can definitely be a good main soul and if you put in a solid dps soul as secondary/tertiary souls you will see even better results. But it is a fantastic secondary soul, imo. It is great to add to both dps or tank set ups. +Hit cant be sneezed, at later stages in end game Rogues seem to get a plethora of hit but it seems that at the lower levels an early on at 50 you'd be happy to have that +Hit built into your spec. You can always change it out for something later but as a 5pt skill early on its pretty easy to keep around in your build if you want to keep BD in the mix at all.

From my experience I loved it as my secondary sould to Riftstalker. It just added a few nice abilities to the tanking role. Overall its a great soul and fun to play.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 02-24-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks for the insight Zilla. Think Im going to try a create a build to maybe help bring some more punch to the BD.

Shield of Telara

Thanks for the insight Zilla. Think Im going to try a create a build to maybe help bring some more punch to the BD.
    Assassin is never a bad choice for that it gets +crit and +critdmg etc. Also Ranger gets +dex, adds a tank pet (great for leveling hold aggro like a champ while questing and can even occupy off mobs in an instance if healed properly or in a pinch). Ranger adds some nice things down the line as well.

Telaran

Blade 42 Blade Dancer. She functions well as a dps producer on 2 and 3 mob pulls if you avoid anything that doesn't promote an increase in damage. Your secondary souls should be core dps producers like sin and nightblade. Go 12-18 points in either. Look for things that port but do not boost only the sin or nightblade skills. Sab makes an interesting choice--you can stack more dexterity. Otherwise no, BD is not a high volume producer.

Soulwalker

As others have said BD might be a descent leveling build with a # of defensive abilities to use, but it has way too many abilities/bonuses that activate after a dodge or parry. Sure its cool to gain a 10 energy combo point (reprisal) 10% more damage... ect, but in a dungeon/raid if you are being attacked by elites you are going to die, and dead rogues don't do much dps do they >.>

As someone else said its got some good utility/cooldowns to pair with other rogue specs, but lacks the +aggro/defensive abilities to actually tank. So alone it excels at nothing and lags behind the other dps rogue callings. In the abscence of lots of buffs/passive healing (like bard) this makes it subpar soul.

TLDR can't use lots of abilites if not getting hit, being hit in dungeons is bad, not enough +damage/support/healing talents to make up for this, can't tank

Thanks FeosMiao and Niddhog. I'll definitely take all of this into consideration when trying different soul combos for the rogue. Again the information is much appreciated.

Soulwalker

Bladedancer is a great soul in fact it is my main soul. They have buffed the damage and with the Assassin and Nightblade Souls as Secondary souls BDs are not top damage but they are pretty respectable now. As for leveling it is a great leveling spec.

Soulwalker

BD= Balance. doesnt rlly excel anywhere or lacks anywhere.

plus Dancing Steel an awesome 6-sec aoe+immunity skill

Shadowlander

dodge only works vs physical attacks right?

Soulwalker

rogue ftw.

Soulwalker

BD charge ability is great to have for pvp if ur an assasin, makes it very easy to close on people that try to kite you or run

BD is a great secondary or tertiary soul to spend point into. Unfortunately abilities you get from it at higher levels are very lackluster compared to other souls which is why I would not make it my primary. First 12 points are very solid though, the usefullness of Sprint is pretty obvious and 10 second interrupt from Weapions Barrage is the only on-demand rogue interrupt we got, all others are 30+ seconds cooldowns.
    Last edited by Rykin; 02-25-2011 at 06:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast