+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What ranger combo are you going to pick?

Shadowlander

Default What ranger combo are you going to pick?

I'm wondering what other souls i should pick for Ranger, Im guessing marksman but what about the third?

And does anyone got a good skill plan on how to distribute point throughout the lvls?

Would be much appreciated with some advice. Thanks.

Shadowlander

bumpage, someone oughta be stuck in a queue somewhere.

Im Assn/Marks/Ranger
    Ye who enter here, abandon all hope.

Shadowlander

Ranger/Marksman/Bard works wonders for me in PvE, but that's just me. Also Ranger/Marksman/Bladedancer seems to work pretty well for me.

Soulwalker

Ranger/MM/Sab

I am debating my third right now:

Currently Ranger/Sab...

I'd like to do well in pvp and pve, i know I can unlock one later just checking to see what i might want now for a good mix so I can fool around a bit.

Marksman seems logical to stay ranged, but i already have a good mix of range, is there a good soul that has stealth maybe? That could be handy... hmm
    My YouTube Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/saintavalon
    Thanks for the fun time Trion and Belmont Guardians for the Extra Life Event!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintAvalon View Post
    I am debating my third right now:

Currently Ranger/Sab...

I'd like to do well in pvp and pve, i know I can unlock one later just checking to see what i might want now for a good mix so I can fool around a bit.

Marksman seems logical to stay ranged, but i already have a good mix of range, is there a good soul that has stealth maybe? That could be handy... hmm
    Both nightsalker and assassin have stealth, although I don't know how helpful it would be since your pet doesn't stealth...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lains View Post
    Im Assn/Marks/Ranger
    Does Assassin poison work on bows/guns?
    Last edited by Kilnedric; 02-24-2011 at 02:38 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Yup, poison works with bows/guns

Hmm... or is that what they changed?
    Last edited by Kurieg; 02-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Got to http://rift.zam.com for a soul builder. It's up to date with changes from beta to headstart.
    Last edited by RiftWarden; 02-24-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Tracker - P40 Rogue on Seastone (defiant) - 51 MM / 15 NB / 0 RS
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

im gonna give this build a shot so far so good I think only lvl 10 though lol

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VMcbdeoc.V0xMh

I'm going to go some variation of this. Not sure if I'd rather put a few more points in killer instinct and take one or two out of melted skin and or fire and death attunement.

Anyone have any decent ideas on that?

I'm a main Marksman with a bit in Ranger, so this may not apply to you...

I would say that Ranger is good for multiple reasons vs main lining Marks, but of course Marks has it's major advantages too...

With Ranger you have the ability to be less mobile because of your pet being a beastie, also you have more bleeds and such. Also, more of your really good shots do have casty times... You still need to be mobile as a ranged char, of course, but it's not as vital than if you main line the Marks tree...

I personally like the cohesion between Marks/Ranger/Bard... but in essence I will actually be pure Marks/Infiltrator for end-game because I am a Marks main liner, not a Ranger...

Ranger has the split between ranged dmg and pet dmg with a bit of wiggle room/focus possible; so you can slant it either way...

If I was going to main Ranger... I'd go with Bard heavy as my 2nd... mainly because with Bard you get some mega awesome support stuff, and that heal that procs off of cadence will heal your pet if he's in range of your target-- and the pet will be most of the time... so ya your pet will be even more beastie than a Ranger who doesn't do that... just don't forget to keep those motifs up... they make a big difference I noticed
    Last edited by Solidfaith; 02-24-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    >^.^< Solidfaith (Dio) >^.^<

+ Reply to Thread