+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If I dont get my souls right at launch, when can I change them next??

Default If I dont get my souls right at launch, when can I change them next??

If I dont get my souls right at launch, when can i change them next??

I am still confused as to what to do, so glad of the Q in one way lol...Always one silver lining

Rift Disciple

You are able to get all the souls in your respective main cities at 13. They involve rift quests but they are easy. You can have all of them pretty quick.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    You are able to get all the souls in your respective main cities at 13. They involve rift quests but they are easy. You can have all of them pretty quick.
    This is to acquire all the souls, yes!

If you just want to reset your 3 original souls, because you dont like how you did your points, you can do that at the first trainer you come to. In beta it was free, not sure here at launch if free or cost.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cezarius View Post
    This is to acquire all the souls, yes!

If you just want to reset your 3 original souls, because you dont like how you did your points, you can do that at the first trainer you come to. In beta it was free, not sure here at launch if free or cost.
    2 soul switch options

As soon as you have other souls you can swap in a new soul to any soul without points.
    or reset all your souls to zero then swap in souls
    or
    basically however just buy you first extra role. And populate it by prioritizing the souls you get first.

based on your play priority this can let you have your PvE role and PvP role or solo PvE role and groupriftinstance pve role available at the click of a button with your bars all set up. So I highly recomend addin in at least 1 extra role early.

Shield of Telara

It costs 20 or 30g to reset the souls and "respec".

Xsi

Actually in Beta 7 (and live), you can respec for free until level 10? and then it costs a small amount (around 2 quests at your level) worth of gold to respec. It might be cheaper to actually buy a new build to use depending on your level (but the cost per new build starts out cheap and rises rapidly).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    Incorrect... the price to respec changes based upon the level you are when you go to reset your souls.

In answer to the original question... you are able to obtain the rest of the souls starting at level 13 from the main city for your faction. Each one is obtained from an individual quest. I think the resets were still free for me at level 14 so I'm not sure when the costs start incrementing.

Resets were about 25g in the early 30s and a bit over 30g by the late 30s as of last beta.

Rift Disciple

the first few respecs at low levels are either free or cost a few silver the price to respec whenever you want is trivial

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    And gold is relatively cheap if it was into platinums it would be expensive. Beta 7 respeccing was very cheap through the 20's.

In this game at least early on the ability to take advantage of their class system seems to have been made a functional design decision vs a cost penalty. They seem to want to encourage flowing and shifting at least early which is very rational when your class system flexibility is a defining game point.

Vs other games where respeccing was a penalty for your past mistakes.

+ Reply to Thread