+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cadence crit changes

Soulwalker

Default Cadence crit changes

Up until the end of beta, if the first tick of Cadence crit, the other two did as well. Now it seems all three ticks are on different crit chances. I'm not complaining I'm just curious if other similar spells have been changed as well, if not i imagine its because Cadence heals.

Rift Disciple

Yes. They discussed changing HoTs/DoTs crit abilities in the last beta. They will no longer have a string of crits based off the first one. All calculated separately now. It's a good change for pvp imho. Gettin hit by a crit Strafe was evil
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

yes, one of the recent changes was that all Dot spells ticks are recalculated each tick.

However.... this makes me curious because it said DoT spells... i guess they consider channeled spells DoT spells.

Soulwalker

Oh i did not see the changes, thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    yes, one of the recent changes was that all Dot spells ticks are recalculated each tick.

However.... this makes me curious because it said DoT spells... i guess they consider channeled spells DoT spells.
    channeled spells like cadence do Damage Over Time, which makes it a DoT spell.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    Yes. They discussed changing HoTs/DoTs crit abilities in the last beta. They will no longer have a string of crits based off the first one. All calculated separately now. It's a good change for pvp imho. Gettin hit by a crit Strafe was evil
    It may also be beneficial for warlocks with the opportunity ability if their dots proc crits over an extended timeframe that 10% chance to get an instant cast on crit could get quite bursty with many stacked DOT's.

+ Reply to Thread