+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur/Nightblade/????

Default Saboteur/Nightblade/????

I had played a Nightblade/bladedancer and something else in the beta, but thinking about making a Sab more of my main for live.

I like the partial ranged aspect of the Sab and NB classes, along with getting "dirty" in melee and finishing them off.

I want to be able to "snipe" people in PvP, meaning, kill them, before they, or anyone else can do anything about, and then possibly escape afterwards.

PvE, is "easy" in my mind, no sense in wasting breath about it, anything works fine for it haha.

What is a good third soul to combo these two?

I'm thinking Bladedancer for the kind of utility moves, and the extra power to hit harder, etc.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Id go assassin, the extra crit talents will really round out your build. But if you want more ranged options marksmen is a decent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raserei View Post
    Id go assassin, the extra crit talents will really round out your build. But if you want more ranged options marksmen is a decent tree.
    Oh, that was what I had added in beta, and I really liked the Incapacitate skill, among other things I had liked..

I guess I might ditch BD and see what I can roll with this

The different stealth skills of assassin and the NB are the exact same are they not? *Stealth, and Conceal*
    Last edited by Wheeler; 02-24-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Oh, that was what I had added in beta, and I really liked the Incapacitate skill, among other things I had liked..

The different stealth skills of assassin and the NB are the exact same are they not? *Stealth, and Conceal*
    Post edited for Serrated Blades nerf. Sab/Nb/Sin or Sab/Nb/Rs would work. I just wouldn't go past 5 in Rs for the +15% attack power.
    Last edited by Inexist; 02-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    Exactly the same. Except you can't have perma-conceal like a sin. Answering your first post though, I'm not sure mixing NB with Sab is optimal. Seems like having access to too many ranged attacks will leave some just "never used". I would honestly suggest Nb/Sin/Riftstalker. Only take the 5 points in Unseen Fury for Rs. Then go deep Nb and 17 in Sin. Very good damage
    NB works very well with sab. blazing fury adds damage to every charge. coup de grace adds damage to detonate. unstable state adds damage to things like landmines, ember charge, annihilation bomb, etc.

Edit - sorry wrong thread
    Last edited by Ninjahax; 02-24-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    Exactly the same. Except you can't have perma-conceal like a sin. Answering your first post though, I'm not sure mixing NB with Sab is optimal. Seems like having access to too many ranged attacks will leave some just "never used". I would honestly suggest Nb/Sin/Riftstalker. Only take the 5 points in Unseen Fury for Rs. Then go deep Nb and 17 in Sin. Very good damage
    Sab is going to be my main, with maybe 8 points into NB, only thing that was up for discussion for me was the last soul, and what kind of utility I wanted it to have, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Soull View Post
    NB works very well with sab. blazing fury adds damage to every charge. coup de grace adds damage to detonate. unstable state adds damage to things like landmines, ember charge, annihilation bomb, etc.
    Good to hear!

Any input from you about what a good 3rd for my Sab/NB combo?
    Last edited by Wheeler; 02-24-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Soull View Post
    Very true. If you don't plan on going deep into Nb then yes. It would work great. But anything more than 16 or so points would be a waste. But yes, definitely get the first 10 at least for +15% all around. Pretty staple for most rogues.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Rift Disciple

Third soul I would suggest Sin like the previous poster. The crit line is amazing. Even though they nerfed Serrated Blades for ranged. So I'd have to agree with Sab/Nb/Sin. Or Sab/Nb/Rs for the +15% ap.
    Last edited by Inexist; 02-24-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Sab is going to be my main, with maybe 8 points into NB, only thing that was up for discussion for me was the last soul, and what kind of utility I wanted it to have, hehe.

Good to hear!

Any input from you about what a good 3rd for my Sab/NB combo?
    i like RS myself. 15% to attack power, and a plane shift to get out of dicey situations is always nice. or, a plane shift to chase that guy who just ran out of range after you stuck him with 5 charges.

well you could always go assassin for the other skills um cuz their stealth sucks nb has better since they can like mez before they backstab. only my 2 sense lol

RS also can give you 15% chance of crit, over the assassins 5%. Granted there is limits, but i think its best overall.

+ Reply to Thread